Complete noob looking for Stereo Monitor recommendations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By shadyJ

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Complete noob looking for Stereo Monitor recommendations

I am very new to the audio market and I currently have the Corsair Sp2500 and am looking to get serious with audio. I would like to keep the monitors under $500 but I have no real budget. I want to use these with my computer in a small 11'x13' room. I have no other audio gear such as a receiver/DAC/amp either, so recommendations on those would also be appreciated as well. Just recommend me a whole set-up. I have a quality 18" subwoofer that I would like to pair these with but I really only turn that on while watching movies or listening to music, so getting monitors with a decent bass output would be appreciated. I was recommended the JBL Studio 530s. I have also researched into the Kef Q300s, Emotiva Airmotiv 6s, JBL LSR308s, and the Behringer Truth B3031A and these are all very possible options that I would like to narrow down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I am very happy with my B&W 685s in a similarly sized room. They can't be too close to the wall but are a nice speaker for the money. Audition speakers if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Liked: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraphous View Post
I am very new to the audio market and I currently have the Corsair Sp2500 and am looking to get serious with audio. I would like to keep the monitors under $500 but I have no real budget. I want to use these with my computer in a small 11'x13' room. I have no other audio gear such as a receiver/DAC/amp either, so recommendations on those would also be appreciated as well. Just recommend me a whole set-up. I have a quality 18" subwoofer that I would like to pair these with but I really only turn that on while watching movies or listening to music, so getting monitors with a decent bass output would be appreciated. I was recommended the JBL Studio 530s. I have also researched into the Kef Q300s, Emotiva Airmotiv 6s, JBL LSR308s, and the Behringer Truth B3031A and these are all very possible options that I would like to narrow down.
Those are all solid recommends, you can not go wrong with any of those. Since you don't have an AVR, just get some powered monitors. I would be looking at the Mackie MR8 mk3 or JBL LSR308. These will allow a lower crossover point to the sub if you so desire, because they have very good bass output.
Xeraphous likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement