Just purchased AST X2-1500 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old 09-11-2015, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just purchased AST X2-1500

I just purchased a paid of used AST X2-1500s from a guy on craigslist used. He also gave me an RCA receiver, and 4 Yamaha speakers all for 60$. When I get there he tells me the horns on the big ASTs are broken and need replaced. I had drived about an hour so I bought them anyway because it still looked like a decent deal.

Now I have the two ASTs setup and they don't sound too great. There is no bass at all in them, I know I need a subwoofer for that but I figured with these 12 inch drivers there would be something. In general they just do not sound all that good. I have them setup as Left and Right (tried both front and back) and i have center speaker on center. I feel like the Center speaker is far far louder than these massive floor speakers. Even on stereo they are not that loud, and music just doesnt sound right.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gear in this thread - X2-1500 by PriceGrabber.com