Centre speaker placement ideas? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Unread Today, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Centre speaker placement ideas?

I just got an LG 55EF950V and the stand is both low and wide. This means my existing centre speaker placement covers up a good few inches of the bottom of the image (this photo taken from above to show more of the setup; believe me it's annoying) and connections must go around the stand. Currently the TV is at eye height and the other speakers - except one, see below - just above ear height, so this is really bugging me.

The space where the players are is a bit too small for the speaker and would anyway leave it at shin height pointing at the table. I don't really want to wall-mount the set because it's a rented flat with nothing really solid in the wall. It would also move the TV back a good 0.5m from the viewing position. The most obvious thing would be to wall mount the speaker, but similar problems. Raising the TV is probably ugly and less stable.

Currently the only idea I have is the M1 stands B&W sell. I've heard they are pretty nice looking and stable (if overpriced). I could buy a pair to raise my front left to almost exactly the same height as the other 3 corners and put the second on the table behind the TV with the center speaker on it. By my measurements this would sit just above the TV. I'm worried about the stability of that setup and the nightmare "speaker falls into TV knocking it over" scenario.

Any experience with the M1 stands or creative alternative suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	960985  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Unread Today, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 717 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Center stage bracket

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #3 of 4 Unread Today, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Build, or have built, a simple small box to raise the TV up just enough so the Center does not cover it.

Given how low your stand is, I can't believe having the TV a few inches higher is going to be a problem.

Also, the Center seems to be on some type of small pedestal, can that be removed, and just let the speaker rest directly on the equipment cabinet?

Alternately, consider Wall Mounting the TV, if that is possible.

Curious, how far away from the TV are you sitting?

post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Originally Posted by bluewizard View Post
Build, or have built, a simple small box to raise the TV up just enough so the Center does not cover it.

This ^

Then get some stands to hold the speakers ... these are cheap, with adjustable height and fairly sturdy:

Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

center , hometheater , placement , speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page