AVS Forum banner

Another Polk budget upgrade recommendation

201 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  maelstromm 
#1 ·
So I've got the itch to upgrade but after a lot of reading I'm still unsure about the direction to take. Here's my current setup in a basement that is 20'x14'x8':

1. Receiver: Denon AVR-1912
2. Front LR: Polk Monitor 60
3. Center: Polk CS1
4. Rear LR: Polk R30
5. Subwoofer: Bic F12

I have a budget of 1K (roughly but could go over) that I'd like to use to upgrade the Fronts, Center and Sub. I've already started by replacing the Sub with an SVS SB-12 that has taken $350. Now I'm unsure whether to go with the Polk Rti-12 or Rti-8. This is assuming that I can still reuse the Monitor 60s as Rears. From what I've read, the matching center is a Csi5. Choosing the Rti-12 will likely mean I need to also get an Amp. If I chose the Rti-12s, would a 2 channel Amp suffice? From my reading, I understand that these would be the only two that the Denon would be under powered for. My primary use for this set up is HT. Is there another route or speaker set up that would allow me to reuse the Monitors effectively?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.