New home with exisiting wiring - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old Today, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New home with exisiting wiring

Hey guys so I just bought a new house which has a home theater setup in the basement. The old homeowner sold all of the speakers for the system but did end up leaving this amp. On the front it says Atlantic Technology SA 8200, and after some research I found this nice little pdf here with the specs (page 18):

I am kind of new to all of this home audio setup so I am trying to learn everything as I buy equipment. It says in the pdf that it outputs about 350 watts per channel. My question is this, is it worth trying to salvage this amp and use it on some unpowered subwoofer/speaker combo and if I do go through with this what else would I be needing in the long run? My current setup would be two floor standing speakers, a center speaker, and two rear speakers with some arrangement of bass. The room itself is a cylinder shape and is about 400 square feet, with a projector ceiling mounted. I am seeing all of these deals on speakers right now so I want to get some input. I am looking to spend about 200-300 per speaker so if anyone of you kind people could give some recommendations that would be great!
Sponsored Links