JMLab Chorus 725 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2003, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
Vep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone has any expiriences with JMLab Chorus 725 speakers?http://www.focal-jmlab.fr/gb/home/chorus/c725.htm

How do they compare to B&W 603 S3 and Energy Connoisseur C-5 (these are my other alternatives).

I am seting up a surround system and these speakers would be the fronts. Everything will be powered up with Onkyo 600 receiver.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2003, 07:47 PM

I have a pair of the 725's. I have had them a little over a year now. I like them VERY much. They took a long time to break in, but, once they were broken in, they really started to sing.

I am using a Denon 4800 to power them and it does not seem to have any trouble.

While the bass response is fairly good for this type of speaker, I really bought it for the tweeter and mid-range. I am a fan of the three-way design. At this point in time, I am experimenting with them crossed over at 80Hz in the Denon and my sub is handling all of the deep bass. I think I actually prefer this setup in my room as when I had them running full with the sub, they were just a tad muddy (with some possible phase cancelation around 40Hz~60Hz).

Placement is important, get them off the walls and you will get a very clean, open sound. A very neutral sounding speaking. Amazing soundstage for a speaker of this price range.

I think the whole Chorus series represents a great value for the money. I have the LCR 700 as a center channel and the SR700 for the surrounds. I can recommend the LCR 700, however, if the space supports it, I would go for another speaker in the series for the surrounds. Don't get me wrong, the SR 700 are nice, but, a 706, 707 or LCR 700 would be nicer.

While I also liked the B&W 603's, I thought these were a better value.

jk

-- jdkJake
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2003, 07:49 PM

I was looking at the Chorus 725. They sounded great at reasonable listening levels. But what was turn off to for me is the 725 cabinet didn't pass the knuckle test. The cabinets seem to be poorly made. Almost like they used paneling as their wood. This did cause a bit of resonance at higher levels.
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page