AVS Forum banner

Are monoprice 14AWG speaker wires good enough?

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Stainz 
#1 ·
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2791

Just wondering if those are good speaker wires. I was just going to get the Amazon Basic 16 gauge but a guide I read said speakers that run 6ohm or lower should use 14 gauge. I'll be getting the Andrew Jones Pioneers.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Just make sure they're all copper and not some alloy.

Reactions: rms8
#6 ·
I use their 14 AWG speaker wire and the rca audio cables. Great prices and great products.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#10 · (Edited)
Monoprice is good stuff. Only thing to really be concerned with is 14awg or bigger, and pure copper. If you can get the stuff that's Oxygen free, that's even better, though not exactly a huge deal. From what I understand they purge the metal pour, wire spinning and insulating chamber with nirtrogen to make sure no oxygen is inside that may cause corrosion, and provide the highest conductivity. I bought some 10awg flexible stuff off Ebay that has the oxygen free rating, which helps but certainly not required. However, since my system will probably be sitting there for the next 20 years or more, I figured overkill for the wiring was worth it.

#16 ·
Monoprice speaker wires are solid, the only thing I don't like about it is the jacket is twisted and really hard to straighten..
(I use monoprice 12awg for the in-wall portion of my cable run and Canare 4S11 from blue jeans cable for the exposed part)

Their RCA cable on the other hand, are a bit too stiff and the connectors are plastic and not as secure or well build compare to blue jeans cable..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.