Cambridge Audio Minx S315 v2 Question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cambridge Audio Minx S315 v2 Question

I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestion or tried anything like this. I have the Cambridge audio Minx S315 v2 with a Denon AVR-E300 and the sound is awesome. The only downside I could think is sometimes the center audio is a bit quiet? Would you recommend replacing the center speaker with a more powerful one or just try using the receiver to give it more power?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerickson24 View Post
I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestion or tried anything like this. I have the Cambridge audio Minx S315 v2 with a Denon AVR-E300 and the sound is awesome. The only downside I could think is sometimes the center audio is a bit quiet? Would you recommend replacing the center speaker with a more powerful one or just try using the receiver to give it more power?
That depends on many things you didn't mention. You could do both. You can up the volume on the center speaker 3db compared to the other speakers. You could upgrade the center speaker to a minx Min 22 dual driver speaker instead of the single driver Min 11 you have now. That will definitely make a difference. I had the Cambridge Audio Minx S325v3 system and was very impressed with that 5.1 package for it's size. In fact the most impressive speaker was the center speaker how well it did. More important is did you run your audyssey speaker calibration? If so what are the speaker levels and crossover settings on all the Minx 11's What is the subwoofer set at? Is the subwoofer close the the front speakers in your room set up? How far are you sitting from the front 3 speakers and TV? What is the room size? What do you mean by "sometimes"?

Living room; Samsung PN60F5300B Plasma TV, Marantz SR5008 AVR, Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD blu-ray, Definitive Mytho 2's fronts-wall mounted, Definitive CS-8040HD Center speaker, Definitive Di 5.5R in ceiling surrounds, SVS SB-1000 subwoofer, Comcast DVR HD box.

Garage; Sherwood RX-4105 2 channel stereo receiver, Samsung DVD-C500 CD player, Klipsch KG 2.5 med Oak speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page