Mirage Omnisat 6 question. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2003, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have to find some very small non-box design satellite speakers for my family room. The Omnisat's are in the running. However, in the Home Theater magazine review (Nov. '02), they said that the Omnisat's would exacerbate any poor room acoustics. Shouldn't the opposite be true?

Unfortunately, my family room has very poor acoustics. it's 15'W x 20'L with a 21 foot ceiling. one wall is missing (open to the dining room and foyer), one wall is open to the kitchen from the floor to 10'. All surfaces are very hard. The floor is hardwood, one wall is all glass (20' x 21'). The rest is all drywall/metal/stone/wood beams.

My understanding behind the philosophy of the omni-directional sound imparted by the Omnisat's is that it will fill the room with sound not unlike a live performance. So if I have poor room acoustics, wouldn't the omnidirectional sound help negate some of the sonic deficiencies of the room rather than exacerbate them?

Am I better off using regular directional sound with my poor room acoustics? I would think directional sound would be worse since I have so many missing walls. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.