AVS Forum banner

Home audio system equivalent of Hue Lighting?

224 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nathanddrews 
#1 ·
As we remodel our home, I'm going to throw in-wall and in-ceiling speakers in just about every location I possibly can. Specifically, the Monoprice 6" and 8" speakers. Anyway, we've got about 15 Philips Hue bulbs around the house and have been loving the setup. We name each light, then name each room, then name different scenarios. It's all very straightforward and simple to set up. Are there any LAN-based audio equivalents? Two of my AVRs are multi-zone, but that setup is too cumbersome for what I have in mind.

#3 ·
Or Yamaha music cast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nathanddrews
#4 ·
Or Yamaha music cast
Somehow that completely slipped under my radar. I was afraid that Sonos would be my only option - not that it's bad, I just prefer flexibility. I'm flabbergasted, it looks like it will do everything I want in addition to being my go-to brand. I have to upgrade all my AVRs for 4K anyway.

Now the question is do I buy the RX-Ax050/RX-Vx79 models or wait for the new RX-Ax060/RX-Vx80 models?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.