Sticking with 5.1 for now, advice on surrounds? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-30-2016, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Sticking with 5.1 for now, advice on surrounds?

So, after messing around with speaker stands, available wall mount locations and where my seating is I decided against upgrading from 5.1 to 7.1. First, stand placement proved to be annoying because I kept knocking one over since it was near the path to get behind seating to where my equipment rack is at. Second, the only wall placement to the sides of the seating would put the side surrounds and back surrounds just shy of 2 feet from eachother.

So I currently have a pair budget Klipsch Synergy S1s.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/s-1-surround-speaker

I honestly have no idea if they are bipolar/dipolar. Since I am pretty much stuck with keeping them on the back wall, I was wondering if I should stick with these or perhaps look for something better designed for placement on the back wall. Really can't afford to spend much, if I do need to replace the speakers any recommendations for < $150.00?

I can pretty much mount these anywhere along the back wall...except for corners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-30-2016, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 1452
Have you tried mounting those speakers on the back wall? If you haven't, try it. You might like how it sounds, which would solve your problem.

FWIW: I know two people who have their main listening positions (MLPs) close to the back walls and use a similar type of speaker for surround duty (one uses Axiom QS4s, the other uses Paradigm ADP-390s). In both cases, the speakers are mounted roughly 6' up and, in both cases, the set-up sounds good / works well.

Last edited by eljaycanuck; 06-30-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page