AVS Forum banner

Replacing old JBL SVA speakers

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  commsysman 
#1 ·
We are in the market to replace an old JBL SVA setup I have using since the late 90's. We don't really have any particular issues with them, just ready to take the next step.

Our current speaker setup is SVA 1800's for the mains with the SVA center and SVA 1600's for rears. For subs we have two JBL HTPS-400's

For electronics we have a NAD T775 avr running the center and rears, with a NAD C272 driving the mains. Sources are a Sony XA20es CD player, a ProJect turntable, and a Sony BDP-S1000es(this will probably get replaced by a OPPO unit at some point). I believe that this setup should be good for pretty much anything we would be looking at.

What we are thinking is a budget of about $5000 for the mains. We plan on starting with the mains, and just run 2.2 for awhile(with the current JBL subs), then completing the setup over the next year or so. We primarily listen to music(the turntable is in heavy rotation right now) with some tv/movie watching.

So far, locally we have been able to listen to Revel F206/208's, Monitor Audio Gold 200/300's, and Golden Ear Triton One/Two(these were ruled out because they are just ugly

See less See more
#2 ·
We are in the market to replace an old JBL SVA setup I have using since the late 90's. We don't really have any particular issues with them, just ready to take the next step.

Our current speaker setup is SVA 1800's for the mains with the SVA center and SVA 1600's for rears. For subs we have two JBL HTPS-400's

For electronics we have a NAD T775 avr running the center and rears, with a NAD C272 driving the mains. Sources are a Sony XA20es CD player, a ProJect turntable, and a Sony BDP-S1000es(this will probably get replaced by a OPPO unit at some point). I believe that this setup should be good for pretty much anything we would be looking at.

What we are thinking is a budget of about $5000 for the mains. We plan on starting with the mains, and just run 2.2 for awhile(with the current JBL subs), then completing the setup over the next year or so. We primarily listen to music(the turntable is in heavy rotation right now) with some tv/movie watching.

So far, locally we have been able to listen to Revel F206/208's, Monitor Audio Gold 200/300's, and Golden Ear Triton One/Two(these were ruled out because they are just ugly

#3 ·
I'm actually in the market for a set of SVAs. I bought the 1800s back in 1999 right after high school. Moved a whole bunch of times and took them with me every time. Then I ended up selling them a few years ago. I'm finally settled in a place that I'll be in for the foreseeable future and am rebuilding my AV setup. I don't have a whole lot to compare to but the SVA line is by far my favorite sounding speakers. I'f you looking to sell them I'd definitely be interested. And with any luck we don't live too far from each other. I'm in Washington state

#4 · (Edited)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.