AVS Forum banner

Pioneer vsx 92thx won't recognize my subwoofer

878 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cel4145 
#1 ·
I have a newly acquired Pioneer VSX 92 THX and have an older style Klipsch subwoofer that was designed to use the front speaker wires going to a set of input and output terminals. That works fine but does not allow me to control the using the receiver.

Today I removed the old wiring and ran shielded cable to the Pioneer sub output jack, and to one of the input jacks on the sub.(there are two) Neither worked.

When going through setup the receiver did recognize the sub was installed and would not did not allow me to change the SW setting from no to yes. (using auto or manual setup) I then cut off the plug at the sub end and hooked the wires directly to the input binding post. Still would not recognize the sub.

Does anyone know the solution?

Thanks,

#4 ·
Your manual says to use a y adapter on the sub output from the receiver and connect to both of the subwoofer line inputs: http://images.klipsch.com/SWIIManual_635042116832530000.pdf (p.8). Not sure why that would matter. Typically subwoofers tend to work when only connecting to one of the inputs, but worth trying.

Reactions: Madmax67
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.