KEF Introduces LS50 Wireless Active Speakers - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #181 of 190 Old 06-05-2017, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Has anyone installed the latest 1.1.0.0 firmware on their LS50W and experienced hissing from their speakers? When turning the speakers on and off there's also an audible crackle sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 Old 06-05-2017, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post
Has anyone installed the latest 1.1.0.0 firmware on their LS50W and experienced hissing from their speakers? When turning the speakers on and off there's also an audible crackle sound.

Where did you get it and what does it do?
post #183 of 190 Old 06-05-2017, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasoa2000 View Post
Where did you get it and what does it do?
From the official KEF product support page: http://us.kef.com/product-support

post #184 of 190 Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Are you able to adjust the cross-over frequency when sub is connected? If not, I'm assuming it would use 80hz?

Has anyone heard of plans by KEF to add auto power on from signal, sense they already have auto power off?

And last I've heard that Spotify connect was going to be integrated, but that was 5 months ago. Apparently they may not have the staff for software side of things.

I wish they would open source it, so someone could write the app needed and integrate wireless features correctly.
post #185 of 190 Old 07-18-2017, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post
From the official KEF product support page: http://us.kef.com/product-support
There have been complaints about that with some people that Kef has acknowledged on their Facebook support page. I don't do Facebook so haven't seen it and why Kef does support from there is beyond me.
Thats from the Windows update. The OS X based update just came out and I applied it with no issues.
That update gives you the ability to stay with the 20 minute timeout, 60 minutes, or never time out. I set it for 60 which worked for a few days but now it never turns off. Kef has really screwed the pooch with both the app and firmware updates for these. Very disappointing.
On another note my Micro Rendu arrives today which I will attach to the USB port and run Roon which I'm looking forward to.
post #186 of 190 Old 07-18-2017, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCyclist View Post
There have been complaints about that with some people that Kef has acknowledged on their Facebook support page. I don't do Facebook so haven't seen it and why Kef does support from there is beyond me.
Thats from the Windows update. The OS X based update just came out and I applied it with no issues.
That update gives you the ability to stay with the 20 minute timeout, 60 minutes, or never time out. I set it for 60 which worked for a few days but now it never turns off. Kef has really screwed the pooch with both the app and firmware updates for these. Very disappointing.
On another note my Micro Rendu arrives today which I will attach to the USB port and run Roon which I'm looking forward to.
Hi SoCalCyclist,
We are sorry you are experiencing issues with your LS50W. Please send our team your speaker status through the LS50W app. To send KEF feedback, open the LS50W app. Click the menu button, which are the 3 bars on the top left of your screen. Select "Settings", then "About", then "Send feedback". We investigate each ticket individually.

Sincerely,
KEF Direct

For more information please visit KEFDirect.com
post #187 of 190 Old 07-21-2017, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
How do the LS50 W compare to Dynaudio Xeo 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0fwg5l1NOs
Read the Darko Kef review. He basically said the Dynaudios don't compare. At least the XEO 2.
post #188 of 190 Old 07-27-2017, 03:34 PM
wse
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 806
Could one use KEF LS50 W in a 9.2.4 a home theater set-up. I love the ideas of having no amps and all speaker fully powered!
post #189 of 190 Old 08-05-2017, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LS50W Measurments

I keep looking for measurements on the LS50 Wireless speakers and finally found some in the review below. Both measurement graphs would also seem to indicate that the port tuning is 55 Hz (maximum port output, minimum woofer motion).

Review:

http://www.avhub.com.au/product-revi...-review-468190

Woofer + Tweeter:

Port:

post #190 of 190 Old 09-14-2017, 01:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

Is there any one who has experience on connecting the Synology NAS (or other brands' NAS)'s USB port to the KEF via the USB cable, and play music file directly?

I've been streaming music files from my NAS to the LS50W with unpleasant experience on the stability issue....so, trying to explore if the USB connection would be an alternative.....many thanks!!

Regards,
Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page