ELAC Adante Speakers by Andrew Jones - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #31 of 52 Old 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked: 1060
Btw, speaking of Axpona, there are only four rooms left across the street at the Marriott. There were five, but I did my thang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 Old 01-09-2017, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1261 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the floor standers were $5000. $2500 for standmounts might be good, but again a lot of competition there. I'm sure they'll sound good though.
One thing I'm liking about them is that the stand-mounts are still true three-way speakers, the vast majority of bookshelf speakers seem to be two-ways, so having a three-way available in the stand-mount seems to remove a big reason that I'd typically lean towards a tower, especially if they're going to be paired with a subwoofer.
post #33 of 52 Old 01-11-2017, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Are they coming out with on-wall surround speakers for the Adante line ? For home theater usage what can I use for the surround sound channels ?
robdman likes this.

post #34 of 52 Old 01-11-2017, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT-Eman View Post
Are they coming out with on-wall surround speakers for the Adante line ? For home theater usage what can I use for the surround sound channels ?
No mention yet that I'm aware of, but given that they are doing a center channel, one would think they would want surrounds as well and at that size, the bookshelf model would be a pretty damn big surround. I would think that even a tiny cabinet with just the concentric mid and tweeter would be almost good enough if they allowed the mid to play down a tiny bit lower than the typical cut off point.
post #35 of 52 Old 01-25-2017, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I am very interested in hearing these after owning Sierra'2 and horizon center with RAAL

3 things in life my father said to me

1. Deny till death
2. If you dont sleep with her, someone else will
3. If it dont fit, force it
post #36 of 52 Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 1133
OK,

Your high end Elacs are not marketed in the US and are made in Germany--with a huge price tag of course. Elac decides to jump back in to the US with low cost Chinese speakers and grabs AJ from Pioneer. This would explain the by AJ they always put with their name...like a low cost sub-brand of Elac. Mercedes does the same thing with the Smart car--makes sense.

Now the price has jumped 500% so you can find out how far the AJ designs can go--that also makes sense. My question is will Elac always make the AJ line in China but keep their high end manufacturing in Germany? Is the new speakers actual German Elacs or Chinese Elacs?

No interest in a $2,500 record player but wonder if that is a US model or the European one also? The answers will come as these things make it out and people take them apart, do a bit of reverse engineering and let you know what is behind the curtain. Just wonder in the media blitz for this stuff did they mention where it is made.

Just wondering if there are any details or is it just typical mystery as usual. Spill the beans!
robdman likes this.
post #37 of 52 Old 01-25-2017, 07:03 PM
wse
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hurts View Post
OK, Now the price has jumped 500% so you can find out how far the AJ designs can go--that also makes sense. My question is will Elac always make the AJ line in China but keep their high end manufacturing in Germany? Is the new speakers actual German Elacs or Chinese Elacs? .......Spill the beans!
Still Chinese Elacs
post #38 of 52 Old 01-26-2017, 09:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1261 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hurts View Post
OK,

Your high end Elacs are not marketed in the US and are made in Germany--with a huge price tag of course. Elac decides to jump back in to the US with low cost Chinese speakers and grabs AJ from Pioneer. This would explain the by AJ they always put with their name...like a low cost sub-brand of Elac. Mercedes does the same thing with the Smart car--makes sense.

Now the price has jumped 500% so you can find out how far the AJ designs can go--that also makes sense. My question is will Elac always make the AJ line in China but keep their high end manufacturing in Germany? Is the new speakers actual German Elacs or Chinese Elacs?

No interest in a $2,500 record player but wonder if that is a US model or the European one also? The answers will come as these things make it out and people take them apart, do a bit of reverse engineering and let you know what is behind the curtain. Just wonder in the media blitz for this stuff did they mention where it is made.

Just wondering if there are any details or is it just typical mystery as usual. Spill the beans!
They do have a cutaway image of the cabinets on their website, but no specs of details as of yet.

The wood finish option looks like walnut from photos, which is a nice classic way to go, though it would be nice if they end up offering a nice natural-finish cherry or maple option as well, it seems like light wood finishes have fallen out of favor with most manufacturers these days.
post #39 of 52 Old 02-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Actually Elac makes amazing small bookshelf speakers.
Elac BS 403 is a tiny one that outperforms almost any other in its price range (approximately $1700 in Europe).
And there's the legendary BS 314 which puts all its competitors to shame. Actually I heard it a month ago and it sounded better than most of the high-end floorstands I've heard. This one, though, is no longer produced and cost around $6000 second hand (again, in Europe).
post #40 of 52 Old 08-23-2017, 07:29 PM

So the speakers are selling now on M^$!c D!r@ct, still waiting for some reviews.
post #41 of 52 Old 09-12-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
ELAC Adante is a new line of speakers designed by Andrew Jones. Click the link to find out more: http://www.avsforum.com/best-of-ces-...-andrew-jones/
Can you let us know more info at cedia about these speakers? Plus when will they be reviewed.
post #42 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
They looked really nice.

IIRC the pricing is:
$5000 - towers
$3000 - book
$2000 - center

Not totally positive on the last two, as I wasn't listening that closely. The person I spoke with didn't have a lot of info and Andrew was busy.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
post #43 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 271 Post(s)
Quoted: 6485 Post(s)
Liked: 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
They looked really nice.

IIRC the pricing is:
$5000 - towers
$3000 - book
$2000 - center

Not totally positive on the last two, as I wasn't listening that closely. The person I spoke with didn't have a lot of info and Andrew was busy.
I'm putting a post together now...

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at AVS Forum
post #44 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
They looked really nice.

IIRC the pricing is:
$5000 - towers
$3000 - book
$2000 - center

Correct

Mike Miles
post #45 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 271 Post(s)
Quoted: 6485 Post(s)
Liked: 11237
Quote:
They looked really nice.

IIRC the pricing is:
$5000 - towers
$3000 - book
$2000 - center

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
Correct
Correct? You sure? Did the price of the bookshelf model change? It's been $2500 most of the year. Will check...

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at AVS Forum
post #46 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 243
^^^

Now that you mentioned it the book shelf unit is $2,500/pr and the stands are $600

Mike Miles
post #47 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 366
I'm always very interested in the Elac speakers ... until I look at their sensitivity and power rating specs. They may sound amazing but they definitely don't appear to be designed to play loud enough for a proper home theater setup.
post #48 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCgrad View Post
Nice....I had little to no interest in the entry level Elac speakers but these may be very interesting. Andrew Jones is a wizard with concentric drivers, I have long wanted a pair of his high end designs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
I don't know if this is just me or what....but when I think of ELAC I think of them as budget speakers. I can't imagine spending $5,000 for pair of towers from that name. Not saying its not worth it or that is not good quality, just feels weird. Its like if Ford comes out with $75,000 4-door sedan I'd rather buy a Mercedes instead for same price. With that said, the ELAC is going to have same quality perception as Revel, Dynaudio, etc to audiophiles? Also got to think about RAAL speaker competitors in that same price range as well. Even cost more than Ascend Sierra RAAL speakers or the Phils for higher price.

To sum this up, this will be very interesting to see where this ELAC brand goes and what market they will fit in.
Quote:
ELAC actually has even higher end speakers. That perception comes from how it entered the U.S. market, in Europe it is firmly established as high-end.
I was really hoping Andrew was going to use ELAC's tweeters in his high end stuff. Andrew's designs to me are budget so I was hoping for a totally different look for the high end stuff.

post #49 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
Andrew's designs to me are budget so I was hoping for a totally different look for the high end stuff.

Even his TAD stuff? May I have your budget, please?
post #50 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 10:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post

Even his TAD stuff? May I have your budget, please?
I'm not aware of his TAD speakers.
post #51 of 52 Old 09-13-2017, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
I'm not aware of his TAD speakers.
Some of his most notable are the TAD Reference Series, which reaches into the very high five figure territory and are still critically lauded.

http://www.technicalaudiodevices.com/reference/
imagic likes this.
post #52 of 52 Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Correct? You sure? Did the price of the bookshelf model change? It's been $2500 most of the year. Will check...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
^^^

Now that you mentioned it the book shelf unit is $2,500/pr and the stands are $600
That is why I said I wasn't positive. The guy may have told me the speakers and stands and I added together. Honestly, when I can't listen to them and the booth guy can only hand me a brochure for info I already have a foot out the door.

Current projector - JVC RS25 and Marantz VP15S1
Future projector - pre-ordered new JVC from AVScience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
adante , ces 2017 , elac

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page