What would be a good center while using the OWM3 POLK for L/R? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old Today, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What would be a good center while using the OWM3 POLK for L/R?

I'm using a OWM3 for the L/R as well as rear surround, and have been using a phantom center. Just curious if there is a good suggestion on what to use for the center? Currently I have a TL1, but it looks like it'll be a bit anemic and I haven't set it up yet due to waiting on mounting brackets to arrive.

Anyone have any idea on what timbre matches with these or will just get close and work? Want something small height wise that I can mount to the top of the LCD Tv I have. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Today, 01:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahid Jamali View Post
I'm using a OWM3 for the L/R as well as rear surround, and have been using a phantom center. Just curious if there is a good suggestion on what to use for the center? Currently I have a TL1, but it looks like it'll be a bit anemic and I haven't set it up yet due to waiting on mounting brackets to arrive.

Anyone have any idea on what timbre matches with these or will just get close and work? Want something small height wise that I can mount to the top of the LCD Tv I have. Thanks
Just about any Polk center will work. The new slim polk signature S35 is only 4" tall.
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Si...gnature+series

Kef Q100 FL/FR, Kef Q200c center, JBL Loft 40 surrounds , JBL SP 150 & Bic F12 subs, Denon AVR710Ws, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Samsung cable box, Xbox One, Toshiba laptop.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 FL/FR , Loft 20 center, JBLSP 150 sub, Pioneer VSX-830K, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4704 Post(s)
Liked: 3332
Why not use another OWM3? That would be ideal......

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
Liked: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahid Jamali View Post

I wouldn't worry about timbre matching, I'd would instead look for something that is actually competent at providing effortless dialogue clarity which is the main function of a center speaker, and which you are unlikely to get from something like an OWM3.

I would just use a single speaker on its side that has good voice clarity and a nice big soundstage, like this:
http://rbhsound.com/r5bi.php

All you need to do is level-match the center to your fronts, to make up for differences in sensitivity and impedance.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page