Question about bajawaverunner merchant on EBay - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-18-2017, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Question about bajawaverunner merchant on EBay

I assume bajawaverunner storefront on EBay is the official Definitive Technology seller for B stock items.
Does anyone have experience dealing with this seller?
The speakers I was interested in say no returns,I'm not wanting to audition them, I just don't want to be stuck with defective speakers.
I asked about this question but the message came back "seller is out of the office until July 31st"
I would appreciate any insight on this seller

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-18-2017, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoseph View Post
I assume bajawaverunner storefront on EBay is the official Definitive Technology seller for B stock items.
The speakers I was interested in say no returns,I'm not wanting to audition them, I just don't want to be stuck with defective speakers.
I asked about this question but the message came back "seller is out of the office until July 31st"

Thank you
If an ebay purchase, ebay/paypal's policies trump seller's policies. So if what you buy doesn't match the description, such as it's defective or dented or weird in some way, ebay should cover you. It may be annoying, may require a dispute, but I've never had ebay not side with me on broken items before.

Seller out of the office until July 31st is a bit odd though... may be annoying if you need to contact them about the purchase for some reason.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-18-2017, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1150 Post(s)
Liked: 1224
Quote:

Thank you
Go to advance search and plug in the seller's name, you'll find all the threads they are discussed. If the threads are large you can use the search within a thread engine again using their name.

FS: HDBaseT HDMI Cable extender Kit (up to 100 ft) for $75 : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/210-vi...l#post52653465//

post #4 of 8 Old 06-18-2017, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 775
He's legit. He also deals in refurbished BIC speakers as well and have heard from other buyers in different audio forums who have bought from him before. Check on shipping costs as well .
post #5 of 8 Old 06-19-2017, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Bajawaverunner is great !

Quote:

Thank you
AverageJoseph --
I have purchased much Definitive Technology equipment from this man, on Ebay, and he is totally legit and has never done me wrong.. I have purchased many speakers, speaker stands, and have always received them in the original Definitive Technology boxes, all intact, undamaged..

Many of the BiPolar and Studio Monitor products are from him and they all absolutely Rock, for my listening needs..

On his website, he also sells many DefTech products that are direct replacements for internal and external DefTech speaker parts..

I always give him the highest rating on Ebay because he totally deserves it... And no, he has not done anything special, given me anything extra, etc., to say these things about him..
post #6 of 8 Old 06-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 199
I have checked this guy out and while I haven't bought anything from him I would not hesitate. I have read many threads on him bring legit and on the up and up. Got great prices to on some very expensive Definitive​ speakers. I have to check him out because I might want a pair of SR-9040 speakers for back surrounds. I might go 7.1 soon, not sure yet but I might.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I have also bought several items over the years from bajawaverunner, which is the official Definitive refurb store on ebay (as noted above).

There is no cause for concern with that seller.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-19-2017, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Thank you everyone,I appreciate your input.
They did respond to a question I asked today regarding their return policy.
This was their response:

"Bajawaverunner' eBay storefront offers a 30 day returns policy at the buyers expense with a 20% restocking fee, if there's nothing wrong with the item(s). If there's something wrong with the item(s) in question, we would do our best to troubleshoot the product to determine if a replacement part or an exchange would remedy the item. The exchange process would be at our expense with a prepaid shipping label in most cases a preshipment of the replacement item once the defective is in transit to us. If there's physical damage, we would ask for photos of the item and the packaging to determine if it was freight related.

Bear in mind, we offer a 90 day warranty from the day of arrival. Items may not be in perfect physical condition and could have small blemishes, if any at all. Please review our seller feedback for any backup of our support through our eBay storefront.

Hope this helps,"

I am still reticent about the 90 day warranty since I am interested in outdoor speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page