New HT Projector Set-up - 3.1 or 5.1 Budget Speakers? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #1 of 80 Old 07-26-2017, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 1
New HT Projector Set-up - 3.1 or 5.1 Budget Speakers?

I came across this amazing forum frequently while trying to get info on speakers so I thought I'd make my own thread to get peoples opinion on what kind of speakers I should get.

I have a game room that I will be turning into a media room. It's not sound proof or anything like that but it does have doors that close off the room (and shutter blinds to keep most of the light out). Honestly, I'm not really looking to spend a whole bunch of money on speakers. I want something that are medium level speakers for low budget prices. I don't need/want anything that is super loud. I have pre-wire 5.1 ceiling but from reading online, it's probably not a great idea to go that route. Check out the attached picture to see my room. More info below.

1) Budget: $200-$400 for either 3.1 or 5.1 speaker set-up
2) Listening interests: sports/movies/tv shows
3) Equipment that I have: I ordered a Pioneer VSXLX101 7.2 Channel AV Receiver from Newegg. I am planning on purchasing a Epson 3700 soon and then I will be ready for installation.
4) Room Size: 15ft x 21ft (See pictures below)
7) I am really leaning towards purchasing the Micca MB42x(L/R & C) for $89.99 & $69.99. I would probably put the L/R on stands from amazon.

Some of my questions:
  • If I do go with the Micca's, which budget subwoofer should I get?
  • How do the Micca's compare against the Q Acoustics 3020 (and are they worth the extra $$) & the Monoprice Premium 5.1 System?
  • I most likely want bookshelf speakers that I would put on top of stands. Is there any benefit to mounting the speakers to the wall? Would smaller (still budget friendly) bookshelf speakers that are mounted be loud enough?
  • I have never had a surround sound system. Is 5.1 really worth it, especially if I'm going with a budget system? I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of setting up speakers in the back, but if you think it is something that will change my whole experience, then I would definitely consider it since I do have space.

Thank you... looking forward to getting some feedback!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Room Setup.jpg (42.5 KB, 43 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 Old 07-26-2017, 09:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1680 Post(s)
Liked: 1582
I would go bigger than the Micca -- the prices on the JBL B (black grill) Arena speakers are really good

JBL B17
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MYY7KD

JBL C25
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Arena-C25...ywords=jbl+c25

For now to hold you - Emotiva BasX S8 subwoofer
https://emotiva.com/products/subwoofers/basx-s8

If you can stretch some for surrounds -- then the Siming BK265
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2YADMM6YOKL5L

This puts it just under $500

Speakers -- Snell K7 > Canton GLS 2 > Boston VS240
Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #3 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
I would go bigger than the Micca -- the prices on the JBL B (black grill) Arena speakers are really good

JBL B17

JBL C25

For now to hold you - Emotiva BasX S8 subwoofer

If you can stretch some for surrounds -- then the Siming BK265

This puts it just under $500
Thanks for the input. The JBL definitely seem more higher end and right for my room (compared to the Micca). Do you know what makes the JBL B17 better than Pioneer SP-BS22 Andrew Jones?

post #4 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked: 1081
In that size room, you'll need a pretty large sub to cover the entire space or dual smaller subs. A good sub is the back bone a good HT setup and greatly enhances the viewing enjoyment.
For starters you could get a pair of Dayton Audio B652-AIR for $60. You can later move these to surround duty when budget allows for a better front stage which can be had for about $300-500. Add an RBH I-12 sub and you'll have a solid foundation to build on.
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...-pair--300-651
https://rbhsound.com/bstock-i12.php

Alternatively you can get 3 Def tech SM45' for $375 and get sub and surrounds later unless you can increase your budget. The above recommended JBL' are also a good option.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_735SM4...onitor-45.html

Kef Q100 FL/FR,SL/SR, Kef Q200C, Bic F12 sub, Denon AVR-S710W, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, cable box, Xbox One, Toshiba laptop.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 FL/FR , Loft 20 center, JBLSP 150 sub, Pioneer VSX-830K, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #5 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonAJ View Post
I came across this amazing forum frequently while trying to get info on speakers so I thought I'd make my own thread to get peoples opinion on what kind of speakers I should get.

I have a game room that I will be turning into a media room. It's not sound proof or anything like that but it does have doors that close off the room (and shutter blinds to keep most of the light out). Honestly, I'm not really looking to spend a whole bunch of money on speakers. I want something that are medium level speakers for low budget prices. I don't need/want anything that is super loud. I have pre-wire 5.1 ceiling but from reading online, it's probably not a great idea to go that route. Check out the attached picture to see my room. More info below.

1) Budget: $200-$400 for either 3.1 or 5.1 speaker set-up
2) Listening interests: sports/movies/tv shows
3) Equipment that I have: I ordered a Pioneer VSXLX101 7.2 Channel AV Receiver from Newegg. I am planning on purchasing a Epson 3700 soon and then I will be ready for installation.
4) Room Size: 15ft x 21ft (See pictures below)
7) I am really leaning towards purchasing the Micca MB42x(L/R & C) for $89.99 & $69.99. I would probably put the L/R on stands from amazon.

Some of my questions:
  • If I do go with the Micca's, which budget subwoofer should I get?
  • How do the Micca's compare against the Q Acoustics 3020 (and are they worth the extra $$) & the Monoprice Premium 5.1 System?
  • I most likely want bookshelf speakers that I would put on top of stands. Is there any benefit to mounting the speakers to the wall? Would smaller (still budget friendly) bookshelf speakers that are mounted be loud enough?
  • I have never had a surround sound system. Is 5.1 really worth it, especially if I'm going with a budget system? I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of setting up speakers in the back, but if you think it is something that will change my whole experience, then I would definitely consider it since I do have space.

Thank you... looking forward to getting some feedback!

I am just finishing my home theater and was in the same boat as you. Cheap but good 5.1.2 system. There is a ton of stuff out there that will work. I personally went used to setup my system, Front PSB GB1 Bookshelf paid $200 ($1100 MRSP), PSB C40 Center paid $100 ($400 MSRP) and I got 4 in wall 6 1/2" speakers for my rear and Atmos height channels, new, paid $150, for all 4. I already owned a 20 year old Def Tech PL1500 15" subwoofer I will use for now. So for under $500 I have a solid setup.

In general get speakers with at least 5 1/4" woofers, especially your fronts. If you want to spend $400 now get a sold 2.1 system and add a center and rears later. But if you don't plan to spend any addition money later than just do a 5.1 system.

See below for some speaker recommendations but it really is up to the user to determine the sound they like. So there really is no "better" speaker.

Sony Core ($150/pr fronts): https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SSCS5-3-...+core+speakers
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR ($129/pr only 4"): https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS...oneer+speakers
Polk TSi100 ($150/pr): https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TS...shelf+speakers

Pick your fronts then find matching center and if need go cheap (monoprice) for rears.

As for a sub, look used. Anything new under $200 is just bad but something like a BIC America V1220, https://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-4...rica+subwoofer, would be decent enough. Try to get a 10" sub or bigger for home theater. At $400 - $500 you start getting into decent subs but that is way more sub and money than you are looking for.
post #6 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the input. The JBL definitely seem more higher end and right for my room (compared to the Micca). Do you know what makes the JBL B17 better than Pioneer SP-BS22 Andrew Jones?
You should notice more detail, definition, imaging, and soundstage presentation. It is a good way to start -- and the prices are really good.

I have owned the likes of Pioneer, Polk, and Micca, and I find them lacking and wanted more -- I have owned several JBL speakers, from budget friendly on up and they do good work.

Receiver -- Integra 50.2

Last edited by zieglj01; 07-27-2017 at 07:52 AM.
post #7 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
In that size room, you'll need a pretty large sub to cover the entire space or dual smaller subs. A good sub is the back bone a good HT setup and greatly enhances the viewing enjoyment.
For starters you could get a pair of Dayton Audio B652-AIR for $60. You can later move these to surround duty when budget allows for a better front stage which can be had for about $300-500. Add an RBH I-12 sub and you'll have a solid foundation to build on.
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...-pair--300-651
https://rbhsound.com/bstock-i12.php

Alternatively you can get 3 Def tech SM45' for $375 and get sub and surrounds later unless you can increase your budget. The above recommended JBL' are also a good option.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_735SM4...onitor-45.html
Huge thumbs up for the Def Techs, great speakers for $125 each.
post #8 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

I should probably mention that I will likely not upgrade later on, so whatever I get now will be what I'm stuck with.

[quote=pase22;54538678]In that size room, you'll need a pretty large sub to cover the entire space or dual smaller subs. A good sub is the back bone a good HT setup and greatly enhances the viewing enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
You should notice more detail, definition, imaging, and soundstage presentation. It is a good way to start -- and the prices are really good.

I have owned the likes of Pioneer, Polk, and Micca, and I find them lacking and wanted more -- I have owned several JBL speakers, from budget friendly on up and they do good work.
The Dayton Audio B652-AIR seem like a really good price. How would you compare them against the JBL B17? I haven't had too much experience with home theater audio, but I'm not really sure if I care to spend $415+ on the sub. I know that sound is a preference but in your opinion....

Would the JBL B17 + + Emotiva BasX S8 subwoofer be a better option than Dayton Audio B652-AIR + RBH I-12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfeskj View Post
I am just finishing my home theater and was in the same boat as you. Cheap but good 5.1.2 system. There is a ton of stuff out there that will work. I personally went used to setup my system, Front PSB GB1 Bookshelf paid $200 ($1100 MRSP), PSB C40 Center paid $100 ($400 MSRP) and I got 4 in wall 6 1/2" speakers for my rear and Atmos height channels, new, paid $150, for all 4. I already owned a 20 year old Def Tech PL1500 15" subwoofer I will use for now. So for under $500 I have a solid setup.

In general get speakers with at least 5 1/4" woofers, especially your fronts. If you want to spend $400 now get a sold 2.1 system and add a center and rears later. But if you don't plan to spend any addition money later than just do a 5.1 system.

As for a sub, look used. Anything new under $200 is just bad but something like a BIC America V1220, would be decent enough. Try to get a 10" sub or bigger for home theater. At $400 - $500 you start getting into decent subs but that is way more sub and money than you are looking for.
I'm trying to look for used as well but can't find much in my area. How is the BIC America V1220 compared to the Emotiva BasX S8 that zieglj01 mentioned?

Right now, I'm liking the option of the JBL L/R/C ($249 total) with a cheap decent subwoofer. I was targeting to spend only $100 on the sub lol, but it seems like $200 is more likely unless I find a used one.
post #9 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
In that size room, you'll need a pretty large sub to cover the entire space or dual smaller subs......

Whoops... screwed up the previous post on this quote
post #10 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 09:09 AM

[quote=HoustonAJ;54539002]I should probably mention that I will likely not upgrade later on, so whatever I get now will be what I'm stuck with.

Quote:

The Dayton Audio B652-AIR seem like a really good price. How would you compare them against the JBL B17? I haven't had too much experience with home theater audio, but I'm not really sure if I care to spend $415+ on the sub. I know that sound is a preference but in your opinion....

Would the JBL B17 + + Emotiva BasX S8 subwoofer be a better option than Dayton Audio B652-AIR + RBH I-12?

I'm trying to look for used as well but can't find much in my area. How is the BIC America V1220 compared to the Emotiva BasX S8 that zieglj01 mentioned?

Right now, I'm liking the option of the JBL L/R/C ($249 total) with a cheap decent subwoofer. I was targeting to spend only $100 on the sub lol, but it seems like $200 is more likely unless I find a used one.

The JBL L/R/C option is great. To save money just go for JBL left and right plus a sub. I personaly don't think there is any real advantage of a 3.1 system vs a 2.1 system that you don't plan to expand. Take the money you saved on the center and put it into a sub.

So JBL L/R $150 gives you $250 for a sub.

For under $250, the BIC F12 ($212) rates well, https://www.amazon.com/BIC-America-F...=bic+subwoofer.

Last edited by rolfeskj; 07-27-2017 at 09:13 AM.
post #11 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:

There is no way on planet earth that I would pick the Dayton speakers over the JBL -- JBL is pretty much a no-brainer at their prices -- I would not compromise on the front speakers

If one could stretch the Budget -- then I would go after the BasX S10 with the JBL -- skip the surrounds if you need to for now
https://emotiva.com/products/subwoofers/basx-s10

You do not seem to be looking for IMAX sound -- so the Emotiva subs are a good option and will not be poor.

As far as the Bic sub that is up to you

Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #12 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3720 Post(s)
Liked: 2665
Quote:
I should probably mention that I will likely not upgrade later on, so whatever I get now will be what I'm stuck with.
In that case, get the JBL front 3 that Ziegl recommended, with the RBH I-12 sub that pase22 recommended, and don't look back. Both are outstanding values. You won't do better unless you jump up to about the $1K range.

Going cheap with Miccas or Pioneer AJs right now = more money spent later on to upgrade.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #13 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds like I'm going with the JBL L/R/C combo. For the sub, I'm leaning towards the Emotiva although the RBH I-12 does seem intriguing.

Let's say I decide to get some surrounds as well right now, what are the best budget surrounds that will get the job done? zieglj01
mentioned the Siming BK265 which are very nicely priced at $40. Since I most likely won't be upgrading later on, is there anything else I should look into for surrounds? Should I mount the surrounds or keep the on stands as well?

Also which wires should I get?
post #14 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sounds like I'm going with the JBL L/R/C combo. For the sub, I'm leaning towards the Emotiva although the RBH I-12 does seem intriguing.

Let's say I decide to get some surrounds as well right now, what are the best budget surrounds that will get the job done? zieglj01
mentioned the Siming BK265 which are very nicely priced at $40. Since I most likely won't be upgrading later on, is there anything else I should look into for surrounds? Should I mount the surrounds or keep the on stands as well?

$100/pair Klipsch Surrounds:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9BUjVQTUFBQUFG

If you can wait, Newegg often puts them on sale for as low as $70/pair. Stands if you have the floorspace, wall mounting if not.

Speaker cable:
50ft of 14 gauge at $23, https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-12A...K4DXKS5S0&th=1

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #15 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
$100/pair Klipsch Surrounds:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9BUjVQTUFBQUFG

If you can wait, Newegg often puts them on sale for as low as $70/pair. Stands if you have the floorspace, wall mounting if not.

Speaker cable:
50ft of 14 gauge at $23, https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-12A...K4DXKS5S0&th=1
I guess it is probably a good idea to wait a bit for the surrounds especially since I'm not 100% sure I want/need a 5.1 system.

How is the polk PSW505 sub? Retails at $200 but I may be able to snag it used for $100 off of craigslist. Thoughts?
post #16 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Spend as much as you can on the sub and the least amount possible on the surrounds. A really good sub will take your listening enjoyment to another level. Surrounds provide background music and ambient sounds and won't a have significant impact like a sub would. Go for the I-12 sub and a used pair of speakers for $20 off Craigslist or your local pawn shop.

Dayton and Micca aren't in the same league as the JBL's. I think the JBL's are steal at that price.
Roctopuss likes this.

Kef Q100 FL/FR,SL/SR, Kef Q200C, Bic F12 sub, Denon AVR-S710W, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, cable box, Xbox One, Toshiba laptop.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 FL/FR , Loft 20 center, JBLSP 150 sub, Pioneer VSX-830K, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #17 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:

I have owned the Siming -- they will be good enough for surrounds, and can hold you -- they can be wall mounted if you wish.
HoustonAJ likes this.

Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #18 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How is the polk PSW505 sub? Retails at $200 but I may be able to snag it used for $100 off of craigslist. Thoughts?
Not bad for $100 if it's in good condition and hasn't been abused. However, it's not anywhere in the same league as the I-12 which normally retails for $600. I'd get the I-12 so as to avoid any upgrade urges in the future, and hold off on the surrounds if need be.

post #19 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I guess it is probably a good idea to wait a bit for the surrounds especially since I'm not 100% sure I want/need a 5.1 system.

The Emotiva will be a better option over the Polk -- one thing to note about buying a sub used, is that there will be no warranty on the amp.

However if you wish to buy, I would not spend more than $75 for it

Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #20 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Ok so it's between the Emotiva ($199 or $299) and the I-12 ($419 Clearance). I guess I never realized how big the impact of quality subs are, but from everyone's emphasis here, I realize I will need to spend a decent amount here. I guess I need think about if I should ride it out with a solid Emotiva or a very impressive I-12 at twice the price.

For the JBL B17. Do you know which stands are the best? Will they easily fit onto these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...B80E4EIU&psc=1
post #21 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok so it's between the Emotiva ($199 or $299) and the I-12 ($419 Clearance). I guess I never realized how big the impact of quality subs are, but from everyone's emphasis here, I realize I will need to spend a decent amount here. I guess I need think about if I should ride it out with a solid Emotiva or a very impressive I-12 at twice the price.

For the JBL B17. Do you know which stands are the best? Will they easily fit onto these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...B80E4EIU&psc=1
If you go with the Emotiva I would at least do the $300 ten inch one not the $200 eight inch. Your 21 x 15 space isn't small so it's better to have too much sub than too little.

For the JBLs I would get these Sanus stands:
https://www.amazon.com/BF31-B1-Speak...words=sanus+31

Or the smaller 24" version...whichever gets the speaker's tweeters to line up with your ear level at the main listening position.

post #22 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:

I would at least try to aim no lower than the BasX S10 sub

Speaker stands
https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Universa...5%3A2470955011

https://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-Spea...5%3A2470955011

Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #23 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

If you like big budget action flicks with lots of stuff blowing up and like to feel like the Big T-rex is stomping on your living room floor, go with the I-12. If you just want fill in bass and just want a little more oomph, go with the Bas-x ten.

Those stands would hold the JBL's but would have them too high. As Zorba recommended, Some 24-26" inch stands would be best. Those could work for now if you already have them.

post #24 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 4157 Post(s)
Liked: 2655
I'm going to suggest just going 3.0 for now from Philharmonic Audio as their Affordable Accuracy Monitor has decent bass extension with its 6.5" main driver.

http://philharmonicaudio.com/

Not playing super loud as you say in your post, I think when you have a few more shekels just get this subwoofer for $83 delivered.

My main sub is massive but I have two of these little guys in my secondary room and they get extension down to 28hz in my room, reasonably flat response and will play loud enough for your needs without any audible distortion.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...er-port/1.html

Geoff A. J., California
post #25 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
If you like big budget action flicks with lots of stuff blowing up and like to feel like the Big T-rex is stomping on your living room floor, go with the I-12. If you just want fill in bass and just want a little more oomph, go with the Bas-x ten.
Bingo.

Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #26 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Those stands would hold the JBL's but would have them too high. As Zorba recommended, Some 24-26" inch stands would be best. Those could work for now if you already have them.
Great explanation. Sounds like I-12 would be fun to have. I can't decide whether I really need that though.. but again, might be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
My main sub is massive but I have two of these little guys in my secondary room and they get extension down to 28hz in my room, reasonably flat response and will play loud enough for your needs without any audible distortion.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...er-port/1.html
So I know you guys have given great suggestions on subwoofers so far.. but I have a $150 gift card for Newegg. Is there something that newegg sells that you would recommend is on the level of the Emotiva 10" or even the I-12?

JBL L/R/C - $250
Stands - $50
Pioneer LX101 Receiver - $379 (plus I get a $150 newegg gift card)

That's $679 total so far. If I can get a subwoofer from Newegg that ends up costing me around $150-$200 after the gift card, that would be perfect.
post #27 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

That's $679 total so far. If I can get a subwoofer from Newegg that ends up costing me around $150-$200 after the gift card, that would be perfect.
Not the greatest choice; this might be as good as you can get with those limitations.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-073-_-Product
Zorba922 likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #28 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Aside from the Klipsch SW-112, the only half-decent sub I see on the newegg site is this, which should be equivalent to the Emotiva S8 or *maybe* the S10 in terms of boom-boom, not sure about accuracy or tightness:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0003-_-Product

I'd save that $150 GC for the Klipsch surrounds and/or these stands:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-183-_-Product

post #29 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Makes sense. I will probably use the gift cards towards accessories then.

I'll probably take the next few days to decide on the sub. Is purchasing a b-stock subwoofer (RBH I-12 for $419) a good idea? Comes with warranty of 5 years (Just 2 years for amp) but no refunds/returns unless covered by warranty.
post #30 of 80 Old 07-27-2017, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Makes sense. I will probably use the gift cards towards accessories then.

I'll probably take the next few days to decide on the sub. Is purchasing a b-stock subwoofer (RBH I-12 for $419) a good idea? Comes with warranty of 5 years (Just 2 years for amp) but no refunds/returns unless covered by warranty.
Check the dimensions; it is huge.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page