Hi guys, ok so very clear to me I should try and stay away from soundbars. I have to admit I've had it in my mind all along that was the way to go.
A big driver for me is that the wife wants something which aesthetically fits our space. This should give you an idea of the space: https://postimg.org/gallery/108gcbsbu/
With the speakers you guys have suggested, they look big and clunky and she simply won't like the look of them. So I'm sorry to do this to you all, but they won't get her tick of approval.
Given the photo I have posted above of my space, how do you guys think I should set it up and what would be your recommendations?
What my criterias are to be completely transparent:
- clean simple/sleek/modern look with as less wires involved as possible
- at most 2 speakers + sub (even better if no separate sub required; the smaller the speakers in physical size the better)
- something with Bluetooth which allows me to play music from my mobile.
- something which doesn't require a DAC to avoid any possible issues; a system which would work with both the Sony and Samsung without the need for a DAC (sort of full proof so in future if I swap TV and it doesn't have analog I can still use speakers)
- a set up which allows me to control volume using the standard TV remote (not absolutely mandatory, but strongly preferred)
- something which offers me an upgrade on the Logitech Z4
- and finally, budget of A$300-400 (could push this to AUD 500 if really required, but again not my preference)
I really do appreciate your help on this.