Help for my new HT setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By sigpig
  • 1 Post By pinopradino
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 08-22-2017, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Help for my new HT setup

Hi guys, I need your help about my new HT setup I'm going to compose.
I'm renovating my new home, and in a room (of about 387.5ft² and high about 15ft) I'm going to build an iron mezzanine (with parquet on the floor) like in the attached picture. The mezzanine is 14.7ft x 9.85ft, and is about 7ft high from ceiling to floor. I just have two speakers, a pair of Klipsch Cornwall III (with a McIntosh MA2275 and CD, tuner, ald tunetable). I would use that speakers for the front too (using my stereo system when i want simply listen music), buying a sinto amplifier (a Yamaha RX-A3070 or a Denon avr-x6300h). Well, like in the picture, the distance between TV and couch will be about 5.7ft, and I would setup a 5.1 system. I was thinking, for the rear front, to buy a pair of Klipsch Heresy, a klipsch RP-450C for the centre and a klipsch R115SW like subwoofer. This is my idea, but I'm scared about to have too much power to manage for the little space I've for the system. What do you think about?
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audio setup.jpg (121.4 KB, 37 views)
pinopradino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 08-22-2017, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,142
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4182 Post(s)
Liked: 2671
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopradino View Post
Hi guys, I need your help about my new HT setup I'm going to compose.
I'm renovating my new home, and in a room (of about 387.5ft² and high about 15ft) I'm going to build an iron mezzanine (with parquet on the floor) like in the attached picture. The mezzanine is 14.7ft x 9.85ft, and is about 7ft high from ceiling to floor. I just have two speakers, a pair of Klipsch Cornwall III (with a McIntosh MA2275 and CD, tuner, ald tunetable). I would use that speakers for the front too (using my stereo system when i want simply listen music), buying a sinto amplifier (a Yamaha RX-A3070 or a Denon avr-x6300h). Well, like in the picture, the distance between TV and couch will be about 5.7ft, and I would setup a 5.1 system. I was thinking, for the rear front, to buy a pair of Klipsch Heresy, a klipsch RP-450C for the centre and a klipsch R115SW like subwoofer. This is my idea, but I'm scared about to have too much power to manage for the little space I've for the system. What do you think about?
Thanks!
I'd just use the Cornwalls for left and right, an RP250c for the center and a pair of RP150m for the rears mounted about 2 feet higher than your ears when sitting on flat shelves pointed at the TV.

That is how my rears are in my system and it sounds great.

The 450c and addition of Heresy speakers would be overkill.

Even the smaller Klipsch Reference R-112SW sub would be fine...though in the US there are choices that are better for a small space for less money.

I'm assuming you are not in the US?

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is online now  
post #3 of 15 Old 08-22-2017, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
I'd just use the Cornwalls for left and right, an RP250c for the center and a pair of RP150m for the rears mounted about 2 feet higher than your ears when sitting on flat shelves pointed at the TV.

That is how my rears are in my system and it sounds great.

The 450c and addition of Heresy speakers would be overkill.

Even the smaller Klipsch Reference R-112SW sub would be fine...though in the US there are choices that are better for a small space for less money.

I'm assuming you are not in the US?
You're right, I'm from Italy.
Do you have no sun in your system? And just to know, which don't I amplifier are you using?
So, thanks for your tips, I'm going to read more about speakers you told me.
pinopradino is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 08-22-2017, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Why not get a third Heresy for your centre?
Class A likes this.
sigpig is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 08-22-2017, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
Why not get a third Heresy for your centre?
I still not have heresy speakers, so I should buy 3 speakers. Anyway, I would not know where to put an heresy like a central speaker, as you can see in the attached image in the first post..
pinopradino is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 08-23-2017, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,142
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4182 Post(s)
Liked: 2671
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopradino View Post
You're right, I'm from Italy.
Do you have no sun in your system? And just to know, which don't I amplifier are you using?
So, thanks for your tips, I'm going to read more about speakers you told me.
I have an older Denon, the AVR 1912 powering my front three which are Usher speakers and the rear two which are B&W speakers.

I have a Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I would think that Heresy's would be too much speaker for your room to be honest.

If you like the Klipsch sound the RP series would seem more appropriate for your room and leave you more money for the Reference 115sw subwoofer.

The Italian brand Sonus Faber is also well worth a look for speakers; perhaps they are cheaper in Italy than here.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is online now  
post #7 of 15 Old 08-23-2017, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
I have an older Denon, the AVR 1912 powering my front three which are Usher speakers and the rear two which are B&W speakers.

I have a Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I would think that Heresy's would be too much speaker for your room to be honest.

If you like the Klipsch sound the RP series would seem more appropriate for your room and leave you more money for the Reference 115sw subwoofer.

The Italian brand Sonus Faber is also well worth a look for speakers; perhaps they are cheaper in Italy than here.
I well know Sonus Faber, great speakers, but I love Klispch sound (expecially heritage line), so I believe I'll go for RP line. For the subwoofer, 112 or 115? 115 maybe too powerful for the system I have, despite my love for bass!
pinopradino is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 08-23-2017, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,070
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3741 Post(s)
Liked: 2672
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopradino View Post
For the subwoofer, 112 or 115? 115 maybe too powerful for the system I have, despite my love for bass!
No such thing as "too powerful" for a sub...that's what the gain control knob on the back of it is for. If budget isn't a concern, I'd get the 115 for sure.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 08-23-2017, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
No such thing as "too powerful" for a sub...that's what the gain control knob on the back of it is for. If budget isn't a concern, I'd get the 115 for sure.
I love sub punch, so, I just wanted another person who would tell me to take 115!
I'll go for 115!!
Zorba922 likes this.
pinopradino is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 08-24-2017, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,142
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4182 Post(s)
Liked: 2671
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopradino View Post
I love sub punch, so, I just wanted another person who would tell me to take 115!
I'll go for 115!!
Maybe make a cardboard shape of the box as it is huge for your tiny space!

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is online now  
post #11 of 15 Old 08-25-2017, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Maybe make a cardboard shape of the box as it is huge for your tiny space!
This is what I was thinking before to buy the sub (115 or 112), just to have an idea of the space I need.
pinopradino is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 08-25-2017, 05:30 AM
Member
 
rn865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopradino View Post
I well know Sonus Faber, great speakers, but I love Klispch sound (expecially heritage line), so I believe I'll go for RP line. For the subwoofer, 112 or 115? 115 maybe too powerful for the system I have, despite my love for bass!
Not sure the RP line is a good match for the heritage sound.

That said, I have the RP-250c with Quartets for L/R and it's ok. Mainly have it because of space constraints. A Heresy or another Quartet would be ideal for the center if I had room.
rn865 is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 08-25-2017, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn865 View Post
Not sure the RP line is a good match for the heritage sound.

That said, I have the RP-250c with Quartets for L/R and it's ok. Mainly have it because of space constraints. A Heresy or another Quartet would be ideal for the center if I had room.
It's the first time I read about Klipsch Quartet, I didn't know this speaker! Unfortunately here in Italy is impossible to find, new or used (I've seen it's been discontinued).
pinopradino is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 08-25-2017, 11:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
littlefoott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton,Alberta
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 198
an svs subwoofer would be available in italy
http://svsound.it/subwoofer/svs-sb-sealed-cabinet/

and some paradigm speakers
and svs from here

http://xfaudio.it/prodotti/per-marchio/svs/

you won't have too much power if you have quality speakers it just get louder and still crystal clear

Audyssey is a great start, but not always a great finish.
Receiver:Marantz SR-5010, Speakers:Def Tech ST-8060 towers, CS-8040 center, SR-8040 surrounds, Pro Monitor 1000 heights
Subwoofer: SVS PB-2000
TV: 65" LG UG8700 remote: Harmony 1000
littlefoott is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 08-28-2017, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefoott View Post
an svs subwoofer would be available in italy
http://svsound.it/subwoofer/svs-sb-sealed-cabinet/

and some paradigm speakers
and svs from here

http://xfaudio.it/prodotti/per-marchio/svs/

you won't have too much power if you have quality speakers it just get louder and still crystal clear
Yeah, I absolutely prefer crystal sound to simple power with no quality. I'm going to give a look to this link, thank you so much littlefoott!
pinopradino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off