Center speaker upgrade ideas for Def Tech ProCenter 1000 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Center speaker upgrade ideas for Def Tech ProCenter 1000

I am currently using a Def Tech ProCenter 1000 speaker left over from a previous setup.
https://www.definitivetechnology.com...procenter-1000

The rest of the speakers (front+rear) are in-wall JBL SP6 and I am not looking to upgrade, those must stay the way they are.

AVR will be something like a Denon S930H (haven't pulled the trigger yet), but nothing high-end.

Any ideas for a DT ProCenter 1000 upgrade? Something that can possibly offer more volume and clarity? Or is it just a matter of boosting the center channel in the AVR?

It goes in a cabinet under the TV, max 26" W x 11" H, and it goes off-center as the cabinet has a divider in between.

A great bookshelf speaker that makes a great center would work too, but I need to be able to buy it single, not as a pair ... unless I can use 2 for the center, one on each side of the cabinet divider -- not sure an AVR would like to have 2 speakers hooked up in parallel to the same terminals or if this is even a good idea to begin with.

Brand does not matter.

Budget ... as little as possible that still performs better than what I have, throw some ideas out there.

Thanks!

Last edited by SirDracula; 09-01-2017 at 08:32 AM.
SirDracula is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,326
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked: 267
I had the 600 and the 1000 and the 2000 was a big jump. It's definitely louder and more full.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds x 4 * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs x 2 * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #3 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 36
How much space do you have and do you want to stick with Def Tech?
KSpan is offline  
 
post #4 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Brand does not matter. It goes in a cabinet under the TV, max 26" W x 11" H, and it goes off-center as the cabinet has a divider in between.

A great bookshelf speaker that makes a great center would work too, but I need to be able to buy it single, not as a pair ... unless I can use 2 for the center, one on each side of the cabinet divider -- not sure an AVR would like to have 2 speakers hooked up in parallel to the same terminals or if this is even a good idea to begin with.
SirDracula is online now  
post #5 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 14,867
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1675 Post(s)
Liked: 1569
Emotiva C1
https://emotiva.com/product/airmotiv-c1/

__________________________________________
Who AM I

Speakers -- Snell K7 > Canton GLS 2 > Boston VS240
Receiver -- Integra 50.2
zieglj01 is online now  
post #6 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 941
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
Brand does not matter. It goes in a cabinet under the TV, max 26" W x 11" H, and it goes off-center as the cabinet has a divider in between.

A great bookshelf speaker that makes a great center would work too, but I need to be able to buy it single, not as a pair ... unless I can use 2 for the center, one on each side of the cabinet divider -- not sure an AVR would like to have 2 speakers hooked up in parallel to the same terminals or if this is even a good idea to begin with.
I have a Def Tech SM 65 as my center, well actually as my LCR and it's awesome as a center. Mine is standing up the way it was designed to and sounds great. Very clear, crisp dialog. They are in sale right now for a great price. Don't know if it'll fit in your space though. The SM 45 and 55 are both on sale also if you want to check them out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hetfieldjames is offline  
post #7 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,073
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post

Budget ... as little as possible that still performs better than what I have, throw some ideas out there.

Thanks!
What do you define 'as little as possible' as? $100? $200? $300?

If you want to try a bookshelf as a center, just go up to BB, buy a set of Sony Cores at $120, use one as a center. Keep the spare as a backup, or use as rear surround, or sell it. Normally I wouldn't recommend it unless using Cores all-around anyway, but no idea what matches your current in-walls, and it doesn't seem like that matters to you anyway, if using a PC1000 currently.

Other options... PC2000, as has been mentioned. It's basically just a larger, more full, version of the PC1000. But it's not worth $300+ in my opinion. Even at $200 for refurb prices I really wouldn't recommend it, unless you had def tech all around already or simply love that sound signature.

Bookshelf as center options: SM45/55/65 from BB, but only if you prefer the def tech sound.

JBL 230 I would have recommended, w/ free returns, but see it's no longer for sale at $250. JBL Arena C25 would be $100 from amazon, but no idea how it sounds.

RSL CG23 would be $200 w/ free returns.

RBH R56Ci is $200 on clearance, but only in red burl.
Doe Doe is offline  
post #8 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
This looks interesting. Is 4 ohms going to be a problem with an entry level AVR?
SirDracula is online now  
post #9 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 14,867
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1675 Post(s)
Liked: 1569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
This looks interesting. Is 4 ohms going to be a problem with an entry level AVR?
The Denon S930H reciever will handle it and is rated to handle 4 ohms -- one other advantage is that Emotiva has a high sensitivity, so a lot of receivers can handle it
SirDracula likes this.

__________________________________________
Who AM I

Speakers -- Snell K7 > Canton GLS 2 > Boston VS240
Receiver -- Integra 50.2
zieglj01 is online now  
post #10 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe Doe View Post
What do you define 'as little as possible' as? $100? $200? $300?
< $250

Quote:
If you want to try a bookshelf as a center, just go up to BB, buy a set of Sony Cores at $120, use one as a center. Keep the spare as a backup, or use as rear surround, or sell it. Normally I wouldn't recommend it unless using Cores all-around anyway, but no idea what matches your current in-walls, and it doesn't seem like that matters to you anyway, if using a PC1000 currently.

JBL 230 I would have recommended, w/ free returns, but see it's no longer for sale at $250. JBL Arena C25 would be $100 from amazon, but no idea how it sounds.
In my case that's how the house came with the in-wall JBLs (rather old models too, but speakers are perhaps the only components in a system that don't become obsolete) and I'm not going to replace them or put speakers on the floor, gotta work with what I have.

Should I even consider JBL for center? 235C for $250 at Fry's? Worth the price, though I think I may have a problem with the size, borderline fits or not in my space.
Or 125C from Amazon?

Quote:
Other options... PC2000, as has been mentioned. It's basically just a larger, more full, version of the PC1000. But it's not worth $300+ in my opinion. Even at $200 for refurb prices I really wouldn't recommend it, unless you had def tech all around already or simply love that sound signature.

Bookshelf as center options: SM45/55/65 from BB, but only if you prefer the def tech sound.
Not sold on the Def Tech signature sound and none of the SMs fit, unless I put them horizontally which is not worth doing.

Quote:
RBH R56Ci is $200 on clearance, but only in red burl.
Nice but huge (I happen to have the EMP branded towers + center in a different setup).

Quote:
RSL CG23 would be $200 w/ free returns.
This looks interesting but never heard of RSL. How do they compare to the Emotiva C1 which seems to be liked?
SirDracula is online now  
post #11 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,073
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post

Should I even consider JBL for center? 235C for $250 at Fry's? Worth the price, though I think I may have a problem with the size, borderline fits or not in my space.
Or 125C from Amazon?


Nice but huge (I happen to have the EMP branded towers + center in a different setup).


This looks interesting but never heard of RSL. How do they compare to the Emotiva C1 which seems to be liked?
If there is a Fry's local to you, I'd say give the JBL 235 a shot at $250, since I assume returns would be easy? I mean, worth a try, no loss if you don't like it. I have yet to see anyone here get that center and say they disliked it.

As for the emptek, I'll guess the center doesn't fit? Since you apparently own it already, you would be the judge as to its quality.

The RSL I mentioned primarily because of free returns and that model has gotten decent comments here. But it has 4" drivers... so if in a large room, it may not be ideal for you.

Emotiva probably is better, but not sure about that 4 ohm thing. Chane 2.4 is a similar center which may be easier for your AVR.


If you can fit the JBL 235 and get it locally, w/ easy returns if need be, I'd try that route first. I haven't heard it myself, but again, a number of folks here seem to like it a lot.
leecreek likes this.
Doe Doe is offline  
post #12 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pase22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Montreal,Canada
Posts: 3,205
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
This looks interesting. Is 4 ohms going to be a problem with an entry level AVR?
If you don't need atmos, You can get this $1200 original MSRP high end receiver for less than the Denon. Has pre outs, Better version of audyssey and all the power you would need. Absolutely no problem with 4 ohm loads.
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...eceiver/1.html

Kef Q100 FL/FR,SL/SR, Kef Q200C, Bic F12 sub, Denon AVR-S710W, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, cable box, Xbox One, Toshiba laptop.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 FL/FR , Loft 20 center, JBLSP 150 sub, Pioneer VSX-830K, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
pase22 is online now  
post #13 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
If you don't need atmos, You can get this $1200 original MSRP high end receiver for less than the Denon. Has pre outs, Better version of audyssey and all the power you would need. Absolutely no problem with 4 ohm loads.
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...eceiver/1.html
Not looking for AVRs :-) I also had an Onkyo briefly in the past and did not like it at all. I realize Integra is higher end.
SirDracula is online now  
post #14 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Falconsfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,326
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Personally, I'd stick with an 8 ohm speaker and would get a true center channel. They're designed for dialogue. That's just my opinion...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon X4300H * DT Studio Monitor 45 front L/R * DT ProCenter 2000 * DT ProMonitor 800 surrounds x 4 * Hsu VTF-3 MK5 subs x 2 * VTI RF Series 29" speaker stands * DT ProMount90 wall mounts * OSD Audio WSK-100 wireless sub kit *
Falconsfan71 is offline  
post #15 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 855
Chane A2.4
leecreek is offline  
post #16 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
mikeTRON250LM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 551
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I'd suggest the 1300x over the 930

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
mikeTRON250LM is offline  
post #17 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,988
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3694 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
If willing to risk paying return shipping, the Chane A2.4 or Ascend 340SE (both have uniformly good user feedback so doubtful you'd actually return it).

Free return shipping, Aperion 5C on clearance, looks nice and the 3 way design should be good:
https://www.aperionaudio.com/intimus...hannel-speaker

It's the same price as the RSL CG23 but bigger drivers and 3 way vs 2 way design.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
post #18 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,017
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4139 Post(s)
Liked: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
Brand does not matter. It goes in a cabinet under the TV, max 26" W x 11" H, and it goes off-center as the cabinet has a divider in between.

A great bookshelf speaker that makes a great center would work too, but I need to be able to buy it single, not as a pair ... unless I can use 2 for the center, one on each side of the cabinet divider -- not sure an AVR would like to have 2 speakers hooked up in parallel to the same terminals or if this is even a good idea to begin with.
Any chance of posting a picture of how your current center is sitauted as it sounds like it is not centered under your TV but still works well for you.

RSL offers free returns and it sounds like a vertical bookshelf might be a better answer as it will place both drivers closest toe the middle of the TV.

https://rslspeakers.com/products/cg3-bookshelf-speaker/

https://rslspeakers.com/products/rsl...shelf-speaker/

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #19 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
If willing to risk paying return shipping, the Chane A2.4 or Ascend 340SE (both have uniformly good user feedback so doubtful you'd actually return it).

Free return shipping, Aperion 5C on clearance, looks nice and the 3 way design should be good:
https://www.aperionaudio.com/intimus...hannel-speaker

It's the same price as the RSL CG23 but bigger drivers and 3 way vs 2 way design.
Thanks for the Apeiron 5C rec! I always wanted to try them, I heard very good things about them and almost bought the wireless Allaire at some point.

Chane A2.4 vs Apeiron 5C?
SirDracula is online now  
post #20 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,988
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3694 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
Chane A2.4 vs Apeiron 5C?
I imagine it'd be a close call...the $80 extra for the Chane in addition to the possibility of paying return shipping would nudge me to try the Aperion first however.
SirDracula likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
post #21 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Any chance of posting a picture of how your current center is sitauted as it sounds like it is not centered under your TV but still works well for you.

RSL offers free returns and it sounds like a vertical bookshelf might be a better answer as it will place both drivers closest toe the middle of the TV.

https://rslspeakers.com/products/cg3-bookshelf-speaker/

https://rslspeakers.com/products/rsl...shelf-speaker/
Right now the PC 1000 is in front of the TV because it's 10 yrs old Samsung 46" TV with a fairly tall stand and doesn't block the screen. But I have a new 60" LG sitting in the box and I can't put anything in front of it, it "rides low".

Some ASCII art of the in-wall cabinet:

Code:
|--------------------------|
|                          |
|        [TV Here]         |
|                          |
|--------------------------|
|  [AVR]   || [Center SP]  |
|--------------------------|
No good solutions to put the center in the middle of the TV without remodeling which is not going to happen.
SirDracula is online now  
post #22 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
I imagine it'd be a close call...the $80 extra for the Chane in addition to the possibility of paying return shipping would nudge me to try the Aperion first however.
Trying to not do any back and forth. Just buy something based on an educated guess and forum feedback, if I like it better than the PC 1000, it stays. Very marginal improvements from there probably not worth the $$, time and effort.
SirDracula is online now  
post #23 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,988
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3694 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
Trying to not do any back and forth. Just buy something based on an educated guess and forum feedback, if I like it better than the PC 1000, it stays. Very marginal improvements from there probably not worth the $$, time and effort.
Well, if you wanted to go out on a limb, your odds of being happy with the Chane are quite good, if other members' feedback is any indicator. There isn't as much feedback on the Aperions, because it doesn't seem like quite as many people have tried them...doesn't mean it's not a great speaker too, though.

Of course if you are feeling magnanimous, please order both and do an AB comparison for us...if I had to bet on one I'd bet on you keeping the Chane so it wouldn't cost you anything to send the Aperion back!

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
post #24 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 14,867
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1675 Post(s)
Liked: 1569
The Emotiva will work with the Denon 930 -- Aperion is not a bad choice, however some reviews have been less that glowing for the Intimus center. I for sure would pick the JBL Studio 235 center over the 25C Arena center.

__________________________________________
Who AM I

Speakers -- Snell K7 > Canton GLS 2 > Boston VS240
Receiver -- Integra 50.2
zieglj01 is online now  
post #25 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
Of course if you are feeling magnanimous, please order both and do an AB comparison for us...if I had to bet on one I'd bet on you keeping the Chane so it wouldn't cost you anything to send the Aperion back!
Need I remind you about your signature?
SirDracula is online now  
post #26 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
The Emotiva will work with the Denon 930 -- Aperion is not a bad choice, however some reviews have been less that glowing for the Intimus center. I for sure would pick the JBL Studio 235 center over the 25C Arena center.
Emotiva vs Chane in your opinion?

Oh and there's a JBL 225C center also though at the same price at Fry's. The 235C I'm afraid won't fit in the cabinet by 1/2" or it may if the measurements are approximations. That's a big boy though!
SirDracula is online now  
post #27 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,017
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4139 Post(s)
Liked: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
Right now the PC 1000 is in front of the TV because it's 10 yrs old Samsung 46" TV with a fairly tall stand and doesn't block the screen. But I have a new 60" LG sitting in the box and I can't put anything in front of it, it "rides low".

Some ASCII art of the in-wall cabinet:

Code:
|--------------------------|
|                          |
|        [TV Here]         |
|                          |
|--------------------------|
|  [AVR]   || [Center SP]  |
|--------------------------|
No good solutions to put the center in the middle of the TV without remodeling which is not going to happen.
If it was me I'd either make or buy a simple riser for the TV to elevate it a few inches or buy a big enough center so that the TV plops right on top of it.

Here's a refurb Klipsch 440c for $349.

26" wide by almost 14" deep, less than 6" high, which would work fine if your TV does not have the wide spaced legs.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0S6-0033-005Y2

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #28 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
If it was me I'd either make or buy a simple riser for the TV to elevate it a few inches or buy a big enough center so that the TV plops right on top of it.

Here's a refurb Klipsch 440c for $349.

26" wide by almost 14" deep, less than 6" high, which would work fine if your TV does not have the wide spaced legs.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0S6-0033-005Y2
Trouble is the TV has 2 legs on the sides, not the center stand. Also it's already pretty high up due to the in-wall cabinet, I would not want it any higher. If anything, I'd like to lower it but that's not possible
SirDracula is online now  
post #29 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,073
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
]No good solutions to put the center in the middle of the TV without remodeling which is not going to happen.
You might want to test that PC 1000 in the off-center position, just to make sure your ears are okay with it. No fun to get your fancy new speaker, set it up, then have issues with it being a bit off-center.

You could raise the TV a bit, like Geoff mentioned ... I assume there is no space in front of that little divider thingy? Center could maybe squeeze in there, although depth probably would be an issue.
Doe Doe is offline  
post #30 of 214 Old 09-01-2017, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,988
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3694 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
Need I remind you about your signature?
"Do as I say, not as I do!"

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off