Dynex SP115? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-12-2017, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Dynex SP115?

Anyone know anything about these guys? I got them for free as part of a package deal on a very basic/entry level home theater installation. I'm hoping to have them mounted as mains on either side of the projection screen but the images don't show any mounting hardware on the back of them? I'll have a subwoofer positioned center front to mitigate some of the lack of extension, this is an apartment entertainment room setup, not a serious home cinema by any stretch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-12-2017, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1680 Post(s)
Liked: 1582
They are small budget speakers, that would be better suited for surrounds -- their frequency range tends to be limited
https://www.dynexproducts.com/pdp/DX-SP115/1404008

Speakers -- Snell K7 > Canton GLS 2 > Boston VS240
Receiver -- Integra 50.2
post #3 of 8 Old 09-13-2017, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
They are small budget speakers, that would be better suited for surrounds -- their frequency range tends to be limited
https://www.dynexproducts.com/pdp/DX-SP115/1404008
Yes, I know that already, in fact you've pretty much just rearranged the words in my op and linked to information I'm already aware of, which doesn't show the back plate of the speaker in it's entirety, so I can't tell if they include wall mount brackets. I guess my mistake was typing "anyone know anything about these guys" and maintaining the vain hope that someone might read past those entry words before reving up their keyboard In any case, I've decided to rearrange the room for floor-standers instead /thread

Last edited by AVMB; 09-13-2017 at 08:52 AM.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-13-2017, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMB View Post
Yes, I know that already, in fact you've pretty much just rearranged the words in my op and linked to information I'm already aware of, which doesn't show the back plate of the speaker in it's entirety, so I can't tell if they include wall mount brackets. I guess my mistake was typing "anyone know anything about these guys" and maintaining the vain hope that someone might read past those entry words before reving up their keyboard In any case, I've decided to rearrange the room for floor-standers instead /thread
The original post was about a low-end speaker from a compact system from Dynex, a BestBuy house brand. Most people here (including me) would expect the poster to be someone who doesn't know a decibel from Kristen Bell. The sort of help you might expect would be appropriate to that.

"I got them for free" suggests that you have them in hand. If so, it's likely that you know more about their backplates than anyone in an enthusiast forum.

You probably made a wise choice to not use them.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
The original post was about a low-end speaker from a compact system from Dynex, a BestBuy house brand. Most people here (including me) would expect the poster to be someone who doesn't know a decibel from Kristen Bell. The sort of help you might expect would be appropriate to that.

"I got them for free" suggests that you have them in hand. If so, it's likely that you know more about their backplates than anyone in an enthusiast forum.

You probably made a wise choice to not use them.
I'm waiting on shipping. I have many years of a/v hobbyist experience, I'm just not very picky
In any case I've decided to just get rid of an old couch that's taking up space so I can put my Jamo floor-standers up front. I have the full Jamo s420 set paired with a Sinclair S310, so I might as well keep it a matching set and upgrade the fronts when a used market deal pops up. Of course I can hear the difference between these Jamo's and higher end speakers, I have a pair of PSB 300's for studio/composition work that are clearly superior. The only use I have for this setup is playing video games with guests, otherwise I have a nice set of open back headphones for gaming. No point in buying anything fancy that I'll barely ever use.

Last edited by AVMB; 09-13-2017 at 10:04 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
I'm waiting on shipping. I have many years of a/v hobbyist experience, I'm just not very picky
(snip)
Cheap, though.

I wonder whether the Dynex bits are worth more than the shipping expense.

Last edited by bobknavs; 09-13-2017 at 10:48 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-15-2017, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Cheap, though.

I wonder whether the Dynex bits are worth more than the shipping expense.
You know, they actually sound better than the Jamo rears, not quite as detailed as my Psb 300's, and they don't dig anywhere near as deep, but not to shabby.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-15-2017, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1680 Post(s)
Liked: 1582
Quote:
You know, they actually sound better than the Jamo rears, not quite as detailed as my Psb 300's, and they don't dig anywhere near as deep, but not to shabby.
Is the grill non removable?

Speakers -- Snell K7 > Canton GLS 2 > Boston VS240
Receiver -- Integra 50.2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page