Paradigm Decor Custom Collection Low-Profile TV Speakers at CEDIA 2017 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-18-2017, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6600 Post(s)
Liked: 11368
Paradigm Decor Custom Collection Low-Profile TV Speakers at CEDIA 2017

This year at CEDIA Paradigm introduced the Decor Custom Collection of customized low-profile speakers specifically designed to go with TVs. Click this link to read more: Paradigm Decor Custom Collection Speakers at CEDIA 2017

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-20-2017, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 24
vs. invisible speakers?

Interested...

I just hope these increasingly slim speakers actually sound good... the whole point of spending extra to get speakers is for the sound... aesthetically, going with the TV's internal speakers give an "invisible" speaker look and costs zero extra
post #3 of 5 Old 09-24-2017, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Hopefully they have something here.

On-walls are a category where the overwhelming majority of speakers within it just suck. Until these companies decide to make them a little bit deeper AND wider, that is. I've had plenty of them. Martin Logan SLM XL - sucks, Deftech XTR60 - sucks, Deftech Mythos 10 - sucks a little bit less, but still sucks.

I do have a new Martin Logan Focus, a hybrid electrostat with dual sealed 6.5's mounted on wall right now which doesn't suck (it sounds glorious actually), but it's also a $3500 speaker....and yes, its all the suck speakers which drove me to that price point for an on-wall center.

Having said that, Mark, can you confirm that what we're looking at is a speaker with dual tweeters and three (hopefully all active) midbass/midrange drivers? Is it a 2 way, 2.5 way or three way?

HT: B&W 802 D2 - Martin Logan Focus - DefTech XTR-20BP - Dual SVS SB16 Ultra - Parasound Halo A21 and A31 - Anthem AVM 60 - Samsung UN65JS8500

Office 2CH: Martin Logan Motion 60Xt - Crown XLI 800 - Bluesound Node 2
WAF is currently at DEFCON ORANGE

post #4 of 5 Old 09-24-2017, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrummingdude View Post
Hopefully they have something here.

On-walls are a category where the overwhelming majority of speakers within it just suck. Until these companies decide to make them a little bit deeper AND wider, that is. I've had plenty of them. Martin Logan SLM XL - sucks, Deftech XTR60 - sucks, Deftech Mythos 10 - sucks a little bit less, but still sucks.

I do have a new Martin Logan Focus, a hybrid electrostat with dual sealed 6.5's mounted on wall right now which doesn't suck (it sounds glorious actually), but it's also a $3500 speaker....and yes, its all the suck speakers which drove me to that price point for an on-wall center.

Having said that, Mark, can you confirm that what we're looking at is a speaker with dual tweeters and three (hopefully all active) midbass/midrange drivers? Is it a 2 way, 2.5 way or three way?
I read your review of that Martin Logan Focus, and it seems like a neat design. ML does make the EFX hybrid electrostat on-walls as well, I wonder how those would match up.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
post #5 of 5 Old 09-24-2017, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteTibiImperes View Post
I read your review of that Martin Logan Focus, and it seems like a neat design. ML does make the EFX hybrid electrostat on-walls as well, I wonder how those would match up.

Yeah, I've wondered that too. The EFX is a dipole 2 way speaker though, whereas the Focus is direct radiating 3 way. There must be a reason, but its odd that ML uses ribbon tweeters on their electrostatic center speakers, but not on their other stat models. I wonder why.

HT: B&W 802 D2 - Martin Logan Focus - DefTech XTR-20BP - Dual SVS SB16 Ultra - Parasound Halo A21 and A31 - Anthem AVM 60 - Samsung UN65JS8500

Office 2CH: Martin Logan Motion 60Xt - Crown XLI 800 - Bluesound Node 2
WAF is currently at DEFCON ORANGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
decor custom collection , Paradigm , speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page