CM10 S2 Bass Driver repair - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-19-2017, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
CM10 S2 Bass Driver repair

I purchased a pair of CM10 S2 tower speakers about a year ago from a best buy I use to work at. Thinking they were of the highest quality I passed up the opportunity for a service place. Low and behold I need to replace a part already.
I started noticing a static type of sound coming from one of the towers, then narrowed it down to one of the bass drivers. I began to do my own diagnosis by switching the cables that go into my Marantz receiver (instead of left on left channel, switched it to left to right channel) to make sure the signal wasn't distorted at the source, same issue persisted. I found a sound test that produced Hz from 10-120 and the distortion from the driver was from about 30 Hz to 100 Hz. Finally, even with the sound system off, I gently poked each bass driver and noticed a faint static sound coming from the effected driver and none of the other ones.
I've contacted B&W and they instructed me to purchase a new driver, replace it and send in the defected one. I had planned on doing this on my own until i realized the CM10 S2 is a very enclosed systerm. Unlike the CM9, the CM10 has no screws or bolts that hold in the metal frame around the driver. After looking on youtube and every other source there's no DIY instructions for how to disassemble this tower.
My question, to avoid hauling this extremely heavy and delicate tower to best buy and wait about a month to fix, has anyone ever done this/ know how to take out a bass driver on the B&W CM 10 S2? Or know where I can be directed to see how to do this? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page