Induction Dynamics - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-29-2003, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
... they seem to spend a lot on advertising, but I can't remember ever having read a review or anyone on the forum claiming to own them ???

I'm not interested in buying, it's just that they must take the prize for most heavily advertised / least discussed product ever !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
Zaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
They are a higher end product, which is likely why many people don't own them. Their cheapest speaker in the S2 bookshelf, it retails at $3300 - $3900, depending on what finish you want.

They look interesting though. I wouldn't mind auditioning them but there aren't any dealers around here. I probably might like them a lot though, because they use Focal tweeters and I currently have JMlab Electra speakers.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-29-2003, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
As a dealer, I evaluated them for consideration of picking up the line. Some comments I can make are that they are beautifully finished, have an interesting lineup of inwalls that are actually a cross between in and on-wall boxed speakers, use very high quality drivers and x-over components, and use good, clean, push pull and Isobarik sub systems. They are well integrated as a line, meaning they are sonically matched, from top to bottom, but where they fell off the want list for me, is in the midrange. There was just something about it I didn't like - call it too much presence, or even a bit of squakyness (for lack of a real word) to it that I didn't care for. Taking a look at the response curve would probably bear out a peak in the 3 - 4k hz range. Also, the dome midrange seemed to beam a bit at certain frequencies, which also seemed to hamper imaging more than I cared for. They have (at least to me) a very wide and very unfocussed soundstage, which I attribute mostly to problems with their use of a BIG dome mid.... It's been around a year ago since I evaluated the line, so to be fair, they may have ironed out some of these problems a little, but their lineup seems to be essentially unchanged. ;)

Mike
post #4 of 5 Old 10-09-2003, 11:58 AM

Liked: 10
Home Theater Magazine reviewed some of ID's bookshelf speakers in their most recent edition. Gave them a very positive review....
post #5 of 5 Old 10-09-2003, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Is that the October or November editions ?
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page