Phase Technology speakers - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #571 of 599 Old 03-11-2013, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Phase Tech does a great job of supporting their products. It is 2012 and they stock drivers (or will build you an exact replacement) for all of their speakers dating back to the 80s. If you need to replace rotted surrounds or a whole new driver they offer great service at a reasonable price. So far I have purchased replacement foam pads for the fronts of my PC drivers, had my Power 10 subwoofer amp repaired (broke due to a rough move), and supplied a replacement DVC woofer for my PC 50 subwoofer. Just visit their website and send an e-mail (they do answer them promptly) or give the a call. If you're thinking of buying their products new or used, do it. They are well worth it and sound great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 599 Old 07-06-2013, 11:14 AM

hi I am interested in buying the whole speaker package for my hometheatre
Phase Tech Speakers PC9.5 Front X 2
Phase Tech Center PC3.5
Phase Tech CI-Surround In Wall Speaker Dipole X 2
Phase Tech CI-7.3 In Ceiling X 2
Phase Tech HV121 Subwoofer X 2
kindly let me know the price
thank you
post #573 of 599 Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM

Send me a private message and I will give you detailed information

Thanks,

Jack
post #574 of 599 Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 AM

hi contact me please
post #575 of 599 Old 07-09-2013, 05:03 AM

Hi, any body who has an experience in Phase technology teatro 7.5 speakers, as i got a very good deal on it. please tell me how these spakers work for an integrated amplifier (stereo listening)
post #576 of 599 Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 AM

Liked: 12
I recently reconfigured my HT, which gave me an opportunity to put my old PC8.5s back into service. I had to replace the woofers and mids and tweeter foam blocks, but that was easy with a quick call to MSE Audio for replacement parts.

I picked up a PC3.5 for the center channel, and my multichannel music has never sounded sweeter!

post #577 of 599 Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky1 View Post

Hi, any body who has an experience in Phase technology teatro 7.5 speakers, as i got a very good deal on it. please tell me how these spakers work for an integrated amplifier (stereo listening)

The 7.5's are my favourite Phase Tech speaker. There are two versions; The 7.5's with a poly woofer which were under production for a short time and the 7.5vdt with a titanium woofer. Both versions had a really smooth and musical sonic signature to them.

I used my 7.5vdts with a variety of solid state and tube amps. They sounded great with both. Especially when matched with an Arcam 8r.

Which version and finish is available for you to buy?
post #578 of 599 Old 07-18-2013, 12:48 AM

Thanks for your reply,

I am planning to buy 7.5vdt with a titanium woofer. Please advice how will this go with my integrated NAD stereo AMP.

Thanks in Advance.
post #579 of 599 Old 07-18-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky1 View Post

Thanks for your reply,

I am planning to buy 7.5vdt with a titanium woofer. Please advice how will this go with my integrated NAD stereo AMP.

NAD will be a nice match as long as the amp your using isn't too dark tonally. Good luck and please let us know how you like them.

]
post #580 of 599 Old 08-04-2013, 03:00 AM

Finished Buying Teatro 7.5, they are really awesome speakers.
post #581 of 599 Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just installed a set of CI-110II inwalls in my home. That is one impressively built speaker! They weigh in at hefty 21lbs, each thanks to the 1" thick MDF baffle and aluminum chassis. On top of the fact they are American made with top-notch construction, they are the best sounding inwalls I have ever heard....and I've heard many different manufacturers offerings. That is truly a great product. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif
post #582 of 599 Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 PM

I refoamed my phase tech 6.5s this weekend. I used the following:

(1). 11-017-W-5K 5" Re-edge Kit for Flat Paper Cone - OD 5 1/8" ID 3 1/2" for the midrange.
(2). 11-105-W-8K 8" Re-edge Kit for Flat Paper Cone - OD 7 3/8" ID 5 1/2" for the woofer.

The new surrounds came from Orange County Speaker. I came upon these particulars foams at the following website:

http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD2&Store_Code=genem&Product_Code=OCSRP600&Category_Code=

The crossover appears to be in "pristine" condition. Both tweeters are working. Does anyone have any suggestions for the foam around the tweeter? It measures about 6.25" X 6.25" and needs to be replace. I emailed Phase Tech sales in February, and was told the replacement price for new foam pads would be $30.00 per tweeter. Is there an alternative? What kind of foam is it made from?

I think the refoam went rather well. I hope this information helps someone contemplating doing the same.
post #583 of 599 Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM

I had Phase Technology PC 80 and they are nice sounding heavy little buggers.

Now I have a pair of PC 3 and these are amazing.
They have lots of bass for that size and great highs/mids as well.
Now I need to find another for a center.

Picture is from web for reference.
post #584 of 599 Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 PM

Hey, just wanted to sing some praise  for the 9Ts and tell folks about a receiver that makes them sound awesome.  I've had the 9Ts for a while, picked them up at Goodwill, and had never heard of Phase Technology.  The name sounded like some white van speaker name to me.  I took a chance and, boy was I surprised.  I've just been running them as part of a stereo system, with various receivers.  They sounded good, but never as good as they do now, with an Onkyo TX-7000 (late 70s vintage)stereo receiver.  Cheers

post #585 of 599 Old 11-07-2013, 01:52 PM

Liked: 35
I owned a pair of 9Ts for about 20 years. I finally sold them to a friend. They are awesome speakers.

"Engineers aren't boring people, we just get excited over boring things".
--Anon.

post #586 of 599 Old 11-26-2013, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Hi all,

For the past 5.5 years I've been the happy owner of a Phase Tech dARTS system. It has been a fantastic system and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it.

However, I am now looking to sell it. I want to get into front projection and room treatments for my room, and would need to sell this system and some other things and move to something less expensive on the audio side in order to partially fund these other upgrades. I confess I am somewhat apprehensive about doing this because I'm concerned about how much of a hit I'm going to take in audio quality. Cause the dARTS system sounds really good!

The system is up for sale on ebay at the moment, with a full description and pictures. You can find it by following the link below. The auction is up for a couple more days, but if it doesn't sell I will repost it and you should be able to find it by searching on ebay.

If anyone here at AVS is interested (including the gentleman who is a dealer here), I would prefer to sell it to you outside of ebay to avoid the transaction costs. In that case, I would extend some of the savings to you by selling it at the ebay opening price and including shipping (to the lower 48 states) in that price (as opposed to having you cover the shipping costs). Of course, if you are more comfortable on ebay, I will be happy to see your bid there.

Here is the link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251385271485?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Please PM me if you have any interest. Thanks.

post #587 of 599 Old 12-16-2013, 10:24 AM

fyi, i hauled out the original speakers from my first stereo system. they are phase tech 435 es bookshelf speakers. sounded very nice to my ears. phase tech emailed me the stats on them (attached) and indicated that the velocity series is the update to them. (looks like v62, to me). am i correct in understanding that my speakers seem to have slightly "better" stats than the v62's? i'm a newbie in trying to understand speaker specifications.

i enjoy, in order, good value and excellence. debating b/t building around these old speakers in a projector home theater setup vs. mounting my Energy Take 5 Classics. both sound great to my ears, but the phase tech look like late 20th century speakers (which they are). could probably blend them into a tv shelf cabinet under the projector screen, though...

any advice or suggestions? phasetech435ES.pdf 174k .pdf file
post #588 of 599 Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 53
You guys need to head over to home theater forums. They are voting now for there next big speaker comparison. You can select up to 6 speakers I think. These are the phase tech pc 9.5. I voted for them but they have a lot of catching up to do to make it into the panel. I used to have pc 9.1s and loved them. I had to sell do to divorce. I would like them to make it because I think they will surprise the panelists.
post #589 of 599 Old 12-17-2013, 12:21 PM

Thanks for mentioning that -- I hadn't even thought of making people aware of this event here.

To be more specific, the forum is Home Theater Shack. The poll can be accessed by browsing their forums to the Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers section. Then browse to Home Audio Speakers >
$3,000 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll.

I am hoping they make it in, and I think they will surprise a lot of people. Probably won't surprise one of the guys that will be a panelist for this evaluation. He covered Phase Tech's room for the forum's coverage of RMAF in October and put them in his top five list for best of show!

While they are low on votes now, if speakers get voted in and the manufacturer of that speaker decides not to provide product for the review, the next one in popularity will be tried. So even if they don't get in the top six, they could be included if their votes are not too far behind.

post #590 of 599 Old 12-17-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes what bkeeler said.
post #591 of 599 Old 01-02-2014, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
About an hour ago, I hooked up a used Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 I bought to power my two Phase Tech PC50 subs I bought in 1989. I connected the two voice coils in each sub in parallel and then ran a single wire to the sub 1 and the sub 2 outputs of the amp driving each PC50 separately. The amp is designed to run from one two 4 ohm subs. So far, so good. The amp is barely warm and it sounds really good. Prior to this, I was powering the subs with and old stereo receiver I bought in 1989. It worked until the LFE output from my main receiver caused the stereo receiver to shut off. Not very optimal to say the least.

The Devil's in the Details
post #592 of 599 Old 02-12-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post

Thanks for mentioning that -- I hadn't even thought of making people aware of this event here.

To be more specific, the forum is Home Theater Shack. The poll can be accessed by browsing their forums to the Manufactured Speakers | Subwoofers section. Then browse to Home Audio Speakers >
$3,000 Speaker Evaluation Event - Nominated Speakers Voting Poll.

I am hoping they make it in, and I think they will surprise a lot of people. Probably won't surprise one of the guys that will be a panelist for this evaluation. He covered Phase Tech's room for the forum's coverage of RMAF in October and put them in his top five list for best of show!

While they are low on votes now, if speakers get voted in and the manufacturer of that speaker decides not to provide product for the review, the next one in popularity will be tried. So even if they don't get in the top six, they could be included if their votes are not too far behind.

Just wanted to update you all on this. The speaker lineup for Home Theater Shack's $3000 speaker evaluation event has been finalized. Although the PC9.5 didn't get enough votes to make it into the evaluation, some scheduling difficulties with other brands have resulted in them being included after all.

The event will be held next weekend, and the reviews of each speaker will be filtering in on the first page of this thread starting a week or so after the event. Speakers from Axiom, Dynaudio, Phase Tech, Polk, PSB, Salk and Tannoy will all be reviewed in the same room by the same people. Should be an interesting read. Thanks.
deeda likes this.

post #593 of 599 Old 02-17-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

^ Yes I am glad to hear that the 9.5s made it in. I didn't think they had a prayer. Lol
post #594 of 599 Old 07-16-2014, 12:00 PM

For anyone here who might have interest, I have my Phase Tech dARTS system up for sale in the classified section here at AVS.

Take a look here.

post #595 of 599 Old 07-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow. That's a lot of performance for the $. Good luck with the sale. That's a bargain!
post #596 of 599 Old 07-19-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkshift View Post
Wow. That's a lot of performance for the $. Good luck with the sale. That's a bargain!
Thanks. Yeah for anyone looking for dARTS, you're not going to find it anywhere near that price. It's a really good system that competes with the likes of JBL Synthesis. And you're getting the Audyssey calibration kit, which you cannot get at any price right now.
post #597 of 599 Old 08-08-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I have a Phase Technology Octive1.0 sub with a fried amp. Anybody know of a replacement plate amp that will fit the sub's existing cutout?

The am measures 10" x 11" so I'm guessing the cutout in the cabinet is about an inch less.

The driver and cabinet are both in excellent condition, so I'd like to repair rather than replace it, if possible.

*****Update****************Update*********

Just after I posted the above, I got a note from Phase Technology advising that they do not have a replacement amp for this sub, but, they do repairs for a flat $75 fee, plus you mail the unit in to them.

I've asked them for an RMA for the amp and will be removing it from the sub and sending it in to their repair facility.

Pretty excellent level of support for a legacy product!!!

******************Update II*********************

I sent my sub amp in for repair. No cash needed up-front. They called when the repair was successfully done and requested the $75 plus a low Fedex fee to return the amp to me.

2 Days later the amp was sitting on my front porch. Not sure what was repaired, but the electronic components looked pristine.

I had sent a note with the amp asking the repair tech where to plug the negative speaker lead onto the amp when I reinstall it in the sub. The lead (a push connector) came off when I was removing the amp and there were numerous connectors on the amp. The tech put a piece of tape on the amp, with an arrow pointing to the proper connector. Really nice.

I had used a labeling system on the 1/2 dozen connectors that go from the power supply to the amp, so reconnecting the push terminals was easy.

Once assembled the "moment of truth" arrived when I plugged the sub into the wall and hit the power switch. A light lit on the amp, which was a good sign.

Even better was when I connected the sub out rca from my receiver and heard that first beautiful "thump" coming from the sub.

All connectors seem to be working as intended and the sub is now back to life in my 2.1 music system.

I have always been impressed by my Phase Technology speakers, but I am more impressed by their support for their legacy products.

The repair option alone for this old a product exceeded my expectations for a manufacturer. Add in reasonable repair costs and quick turn-around and I'm blown away by their performance.

Just wanted to share my positive experience with Phase Technology as they have definitely earned the praise.

Last edited by aydu; 08-30-2014 at 06:35 AM.
post #598 of 599 Old 09-07-2014, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thank you for that post, aydu! My Phase 10 sub has been knocked out of commission for several years. I did call them a while ago to see if I could just purchase a replacement amp. The receptionist I spoke with said no but mentioned a $75 flat-rate repair option. I thanked her, hung up and never got around to following up.

Because I did not rub a few of my brain cells together, I assumed I would have had to send the entire sub. I was not thrilled thinking about the charges for such a shipment. Now, knowing that I would just have to send in the amp, the probability of getting the repair done is much greater, probably early next year once several other projects are finished and paid off.

Again, thank you for posting your experience.
post #599 of 599 Old 09-08-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 54
No problem.

It is so rare these days to get excellent customer service - especially on an older product - that I thought they deserved a shout out.

The amp on my sub was very light, so mailing costs were very reasonable. This made it feasible to get the repair done, as the sub itself is very heavy.

I did grab some gummed labels and numbered the connectors between the power supply and the amp. They were push connectors, so basically removing the amp just involved taking out the mounting screws, labeling the connecting wires, and boxing the amp up.

Connecting it back up was a snap as I just had to connect the matching numbers on the stickers I had placed on the connecting wires.

Good luck with your repair. Hope you have the same positive results I had.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page