Thinking of getting a YSP-400 and have several questions / concerns. Thanks in advance for your help.
1) I don't really have a wall to thr right of the setup. I have already read this could be an issue though it should still sound pretty good. Is this so?
2) The room is FULL of windows. I will usually have the shades down when using it, but in general will it sound better with shades up or down and will either be significantly comprmised? At least glass is a reflective surface. I am worried the shades will absorb the sound rather than bounce it.
3) Will the 2 HDMI inputs also accept the sound from HDMI? Assuming yes, this leads to several follow-up questions:
a) Is it HDMI 1.3 compatible for the purpose of pass-through, etc.
b) Will it pass-through the sound as well as the video?
c) Do I get more possible sound inputs using the HDMI in concert with the other sources? In other words, can I have 2 HDMI plus all the other audio sources at the same time?
4) Does it pass through signals when not turned on or in use? In other words, if I just wanted the TV speakers on low for whatever reason, will it pass-through the full HDMI signal and allow audio to the TV if I am not using the YSP for sound then?
5) If no to #4, is it possible to get very low volumes that are still clear (i.e. the vocals aren't drowned out by the sound effects and music)? We sometimes watch with the volume low after the kids are asleep and if this becomes the primary audio source, it would be critical...