65Likes

post #30331 of 30811 Old 06-25-2014, 01:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
Interesting, I have a similar setup with Studio 100s and CC-590 with Monitor 9 v.2 in the rear that I just replaced with Studio 20s.....all v.5s. The 20s really match well, both visually and musically, sitting on Paradigm J-29 stands. They are almost exactly the same height as the 100s and the imaging is greatly improved with multi-channel music. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan as well and really enjoy the DSOTM and WYWH SACDs as well as David Gilmour blu-rays.
Hey Whitey, great to hear! I have a price for the 20s and stands however we just bought new cars so there is a bit of a wait there, the Monitor 11s are a tad brighter and more sensitive but it's easy enough to turn them down a bit, I can't get enough Floyd, hope The Division Bell and Amused to Death surround mixes are as good as I am hoping for too.

Denon AVCA10SE
Anthem MCA-50
Paradigm Studio 100s
Paradigm CC690
Paradigm Monitor 11s
Definitive Technology Supercube 2
Oppo BDP-105
Sony HD DVD recorder
Yamaha 5 disc CD player
Samsung AU60D8000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30332 of 30811 Old 06-25-2014, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelwright View Post
If you go to the us paradigm page you will see the prices starting at ... That is for the cherry. I just purchased 2 sig 8s, 2 sig 2s and a c5. If you can get them for 9k then that is way more than 30% off. You sure the are new and not demo? I got a good chunk off and I paid more than 9k but less than 13k for the 3.
Yes, it is new in sealed box and in a piano black color also.

the Price in America over than the Arab Gulf countries ... This is weird
post #30333 of 30811 Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardog View Post
Yes, it is new in sealed box and in a piano black color also.

the Price in America over than the Arab Gulf countries ... This is weird

Maybe exchange rate? I'm not sure. But if you can get for 9k? DO it!
post #30334 of 30811 Old 06-25-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD View Post
Does anyone know if the S1 has been discontinued? It looks like they have been moved to the archived products section. I was looking for a smaller pair of speakers to go with my NAD 7050D. I didn't like it driving my S2 compared to my Marantz integrated amps.
I think so.

I posted about this a few days ago. Looks like all the "1" series are gone. S1, C1 and ADP1 that I noticed.
post #30335 of 30811 Old 06-25-2014, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
If you go to the us paradigm page you will see the prices starting at ... That is for the cherry. I just purchased 2 sig 8s, 2 sig 2s and a c5. If you can get them for 9k then that is way more than 30% off. You sure the are new and not demo? I got a good chunk off and I paid more than 9k but less than 13k for the 3.
I'm not sure if it's the same in the US as Canada but I know when I bought Paradigm Classic speakers recently the price listed on Paradigm's website was 25% more than what I actually paid from an authorized dealer.
post #30336 of 30811 Old 06-26-2014, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yes, the Paradigm Signature S1, C1, and ADP1 have been discontinued. I was told that Paradigm discontinued the Signature S1 speakers due to the high cost of manufacturing the speaker. Luckily I have a pair or S1's and a C1. Being discontinued because of the cost of manufacturing makes me feel like the S1's were a great value when they were for sale.
post #30337 of 30811 Old 06-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW11 View Post
Yes, the Paradigm Signature S1, C1, and ADP1 have been discontinued. I was told that Paradigm discontinued the Signature S1 speakers due to the high cost of manufacturing the speaker. Luckily I have a pair or S1's and a C1. Being discontinued because of the cost of manufacturing makes me feel like the S1's were a great value when they were for sale.
Does this mean they will go the way of the S4? The next series just won't have that model. I'll be sad if they do. I feel like that was a big gap. You could have a smaller signature system for cheaper.
post #30338 of 30811 Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The Paradigm Signature S4 is also discontinued. The most entry level Signature speaker beside the in wall speakers is the S2. From what I understand the cost of the metal body and some of the speaker components have risen over the years making the S1 to expensive to build and sell for $2,500.
post #30339 of 30811 Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
Picking up a pair of SE-1's this Friday for my living room. I can hardly wait. My second zone just got a whole lot better.
Patiently waiting for your impressions on your new
Speakers. After all, it is Friday!
post #30340 of 30811 Old 06-27-2014, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 476
It'll be interesting to see what new speaker designs Paradigm comes up with for Dolby Atmos and other new surround formats. They'll be rolling in the dough because Atmos can go up to 34 outputs according to new info out today!!

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #30341 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
Hope to set them up today or before the weekend is over. Gonna wall mount them so it will take a little time. The speakers I'm replacing are currently on stands. I don't want to stand mount these because I have young grandchildren now and I don't want to worry about them being knocked over.
post #30342 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
It'll be interesting to see what new speaker designs Paradigm comes up with for Dolby Atmos and other new surround formats. They'll be rolling in the dough because Atmos can go up to 34 outputs according to new info out today!!
So what is this new Dolby Atmos all about? Will home theatres sounds significantly different? And do speakers have to be built differently for this?
post #30343 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
So what is this new Dolby Atmos all about? Will home theatres sounds significantly different? And do speakers have to be built differently for this?
It's a new way of positioning sounds in a three-dimensional space (x/y/z coordinates). There is a height element and more speakers for more accurate sound placement and effects/dialog panning. The more speakers you have (and your room can handle), the better the 3D sound scape (the speakers are like pixels in video - the more pixels, the more "resolution" and sound "detail").

Dolby Atmos (and DTS-UHD) is currently a hybrid format with a fixed channel bed and a certain number of metadata controlled objects. The basic layout is 7.1.4 (seven base channels, one low frequency effects channel, and four over head/height channels). The objects allow the system to expand or contract depending on the processor's (called a renderer) capabilities. Again, Atmos tops out at 24 mains + 10 overheads (or about half of the commercial version).

The renderer knows how many speakers you have and where they are and then plots the best locations for the objects to travel in space based upon the three-axis coordinates embedded in each object file during the initial soundtrack mix. The final soundtrack is completed in real time in your home.

The best speakers for the job are timbre matched monopoles. The overhead/height speakers will need to have a wider dispersal pattern than the other speakers (not dipoles), but probably different styles of tweeters and perhaps more of a bipolar pattern. We just don't know all the details yet.

There will be some "add-on" speakers that can sit on top of your current speakers and fire upwards at the ceiling, in case you cannot hang speakers there. It helps approximate the height effect using reflected sound waves. You need a flat, hard ceiling surface. This is a compromise. If you can do it, put the height speakers on the ceiling.

Atmos tracks will be available on certain remixed Blu-ray's starting this fall. There are speculations that Gravity- Special Edition, Frozen 3D, Godzilla, The Edge of Tomorrow, and other pre- done Atmos mixed titles will be among the first discs with this feature.

Any Blu-ray player can bitstream the Atmos track to an Atmos renderer because it is contained within the Dolby TrueHD lossless audio codec.

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 06-28-2014 at 02:47 PM.
post #30344 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Go to this thread and read all about it. I'm trying to learn about it myself. Be fore warned, this thread is really jumpin'!!!!!! There's a lot of excitement. Just briefly, Pioneer has built speakers specially for atmos. Speakers need to be placed on/in ceiling (except Pioneers). You'll need a new receiver. Currently Pioneer, Onkyo and Denon are the only manufacturers but this will change I'm sure. There are reports that you can have as many as 24 speakers and 10 on/in your ceiling. If you want to preview the sound, go to an atmos theater. There are currently 40 in the country. Dolby has a website that list atmos equipped theaters.

Dolby Atmos is Coming to Blu-ray
post #30345 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 03:37 PM

Thanks for the explanation guys. Sounds interesting and also expensive haha. We'll see how it goes. I'm not much in a rush to overhaul everything.
post #30346 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation guys. Sounds interesting and also expensive haha. We'll see how it goes. I'm not much in a rush to overhaul everything.
No problem-o.

Depending on your current system, you may only need to add timbre matched ceiling speakers... and a new Atmos processor.

post #30347 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Talking

Quote:
I may be reading up on it, but I'm with you. I'm not ready to upgrade and I want to wait and see how this all works out. Until then I'll continue to enjoy my 7.1 setup.
post #30348 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I may be reading up on it, but I'm with you. I'm not ready to upgrade and I want to wait and see how this all works out. Until then I'll continue to enjoy my 7.1 setup.
Yeah speakers on the ceilings seem like a big pain in the butt. I currently have the Paradigm cinema 110 set 5.1 and added a couple of smaller speakers to make it 7.1 Over the years I realized that my room is not suitable for 7.1. I bought some 2nd hand Studio ADP 470's and plan to downgrade back to 5.1. Now I just need to know if Paradigm is going to come out with new Studios floorstanders before I buy new speakers. Been waiting for so long that I kind of want to just bite on the current Studio 60s or 100s.
post #30349 of 30811 Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Can anyone tell me how to hook up a sub with a line level input from an AVR that only has speaker level outputs. I've read some stuff about line level adaptors but I'm not sure if it will work. I'm trying to help my brother who does not wish to buy a new AVR to go with his newly acquired paradigm ct70 theater system.
post #30350 of 30811 Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 AM

I know I posted this in another thread but was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions or insight.

Does anyone know of a wall mount bracket that can tilt up and down and side to side? Where I think the best spot to put these speakers in my room is in front of the seating position and up higher ~8 to 9 feet.. This would require me to angle the speakers back towards the seats and down. The S2s doing rear duty are maybe 4 1/2 feet high and ~7 feet behind me. I think mounting them flush at 9 feet about 2 feet in front will be too high and mess up surround effects. If I mount them any lower then I am risking people walking by and hitting them including myself. I just ordered and am trying to get this taken care of before I get them.

Thanks!
post #30351 of 30811 Old 06-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I know I posted this in another thread but was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions or insight.

Does anyone know of a wall mount bracket that can tilt up and down and side to side? Where I think the best spot to put these speakers in my room is in front of the seating position and up higher ~8 to 9 feet.. This would require me to angle the speakers back towards the seats and down. The S2s doing rear duty are maybe 4 1/2 feet high and ~7 feet behind me. I think mounting them flush at 9 feet about 2 feet in front will be too high and mess up surround effects. If I mount them any lower then I am risking people walking by and hitting them including myself. I just ordered and am trying to get this taken care of before I get them.

Thanks!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just mounted a pair of SE-1's with these today. They might work for you. Unfortunately I can say anything about how well they hold at an angle because mine are level and I just mounted them today. However, there are plenty of reviews on amazon. Also there is an adhesive called blue tack that several people mentioned that seems to hold well. I bought some but did not use it yet since my speakers are level, but I will apply it in a couple of days for added security. For now I'm just trying to break my speakers in. They angle 10 degrees.

Last edited by pappaduke; 06-29-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #30352 of 30811 Old 06-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Got them set up today. Wow what a big sound out of such a small speaker. I had the bass turned up in my second zone because my old speakers needed it. As soon as I fired up the SE-1's I had to set the bass back to zero. Since they are now discontinued, I saved $260 off of the original price which makes them sound that much sweeter. Can't wait for them to be broken in so I can push them a little. So far, I am truly impressed with them. Glad my dealer informed me that they are very similar to the studio 10's. I saved a lot of money and I'm truly pleased with them. They are perfect for my living room
post #30353 of 30811 Old 06-29-2014, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Got them set up today. Wow what a big sound out of such a small speaker. I had the bass turned up in my second zone because my old speakers needed it. As soon as I fired up the SE-1's I had to set the bass back to zero. Since they are now discontinued, I saved $260 off of the original price which makes them sound that much sweeter. Can't wait for them to be broken in so I can push them a little. So far, I am truly impressed with them. Glad my dealer informed me that they are very similar to the studio 10's. I saved a lot of money and I'm truly pleased with them. They are perfect for my living room
I thought you might like them. I replaced a pair of Paradigm
Mini-monitors with the SE bookshelves, was a big improvement.
post #30354 of 30811 Old 06-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
I thought you might like them. I replaced a pair of Paradigm
Mini-monitors with the SE bookshelves, was a big improvement.
I was planning on studio 10's but when the dealer told me the drivers in the SE's are the same as the studios,I was sold. I'm sure the studios probably sound a little better, but in got a pair of SE's for less than the cost of one studio 10. Financially it was a no brainier. My home theater is a 7.1 monitor series (V6). I hope someday when I upgrade (no time soon) to move up to the studios. For now I'll continue to enjoy my monitors, and my newly acquired SE's
post #30355 of 30811 Old 06-30-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just mounted a pair of SE-1's with these today. They might work for you. Unfortunately I can say anything about how well they hold at an angle because mine are level and I just mounted them today. However, there are plenty of reviews on amazon. Also there is an adhesive called blue tack that several people mentioned that seems to hold well. I bought some but did not use it yet since my speakers are level, but I will apply it in a couple of days for added security. For now I'm just trying to break my speakers in. They angle 10 degrees.
Thanks for the info. I wish there was a place I could go to and check out all different kind of mounts to see what would fit the ADP3s with tilt and swivel.
post #30356 of 30811 Old 06-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I wish there was a place I could go to and check out all different kind of mounts to see what would fit the ADP3s with tilt and swivel.
Didn't realize you were talking about ADP3's. I have ADP390's but I wall mounted them with the wall mounts that came with them. They weigh 13lbs which is half of what your weigh. With their odd shape and weigh you may have a tough task. Hope you find something. If you do, could you post some info about what you found.
post #30357 of 30811 Old 06-30-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Didn't realize you were talking about ADP3's. I have ADP390's but I wall mounted them with the wall mounts that came with them. They weigh 13lbs which is half of what your weigh. With their odd shape and weigh you may have a tough task. Hope you find something. If you do, could you post some info about what you found.
I figured this is going to be difficult. If I find anything, I'll let you know.
post #30358 of 30811 Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM

Anybody have the ADP3s? If so, how does your woofer look? Mine is much different than any one I have seen. The edge is sticking out while the surround is recessed. Both are like this. Is this normal? All the other drivers in the C5, S2s and S8s have the surround protruding from the cone but this one is recessed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140701_134426.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	143954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140701_134440.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	143962  
post #30359 of 30811 Old 07-01-2014, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
That's odd, but that's what they look like on Paradigm's website.
post #30360 of 30811 Old 07-02-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool Paradigm Speakers for HT & Music

My speakers are soon to be gotten out of storage. I bought them new 13 years ago. L/R Studio 40 V2, CC360, Rears Mini Monitors. (all in beautiful Rosewood veneer except for the CC.) They sounded great in my last home but just wondering if they need to be freshened up after 13 years with new crossover components or drivers. Built new home with dedicated TV room.

Does anyone know of a company that will rebuild the crossovers, since Paradigm has their boards custom engineered for each line of speakers.

I might be wrong, but don't think that Paradigm will repair or have replacement parts for the V2.

Any suggestions from fellow Paradigm owners would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
John in Huntsville, AL.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page