Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1019 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #30541 of 30547 Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone use smaller speakers for their front setups like this: http://tpellowe.com/avsforum/sierranocover.jpg

I'm thinking of using either Mini Monitors or Center 1/3 in this way and want to get people's opinions on it. Would it be advisable to get 3 identical speakers (all centers perhaps?)

I'm coming from a Klipsch RF/RC-62 system but with the move to our new house have been tasked with getting something a little cleaner/small for the main living space. We were looking at Def Tech Mythos speakers but the drivers are pretty small. Using 2 bookshelf speakers on their sides will give the look we want while keeping the drivers at a more respectable size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30542 of 30547 Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheLights View Post
Does anyone use smaller speakers for their front setups like this: http://tpellowe.com/avsforum/sierranocover.jpg

I'm thinking of using either Mini Monitors or Center 1/3 in this way and want to get people's opinions on it. Would it be advisable to get 3 identical speakers (all centers perhaps?)

I'm coming from a Klipsch RF/RC-62 system but with the move to our new house have been tasked with getting something a little cleaner/small for the main living space. We were looking at Def Tech Mythos speakers but the drivers are pretty small. Using 2 bookshelf speakers on their sides will give the look we want while keeping the drivers at a more respectable size.

It depends on the size of the media room you will be using. Not all small speakers are appropriate for large spaces. Physics works against you.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #30543 of 30547 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
It depends on the size of the media room you will be using. Not all small speakers are appropriate for large spaces. Physics works against you.
The room is about 20' x 12' but it is completely open to the kitchen and dining room. The primary listening/watching positions are about 8.5' from the centre of the display 25-30 degrees off of centre. Needless to say, this is not an optimal room for a perfect home theatre setup. We are just hoping to get the most out of the space we have without too much of a dropoff (no drop ideally) from our old system.
post #30544 of 30547 Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheLights View Post
The room is about 20' x 12' but it is completely open to the kitchen and dining room. The primary listening/watching positions are about 8.5' from the centre of the display 25-30 degrees off of centre. Needless to say, this is not an optimal room for a perfect home theatre setup. We are just hoping to get the most out of the space we have without too much of a dropoff (no drop ideally) from our old system.
You don't want to use all center speakers or lay vertically oriented speakers on their sides, if you can help it, due to the sonic compromises of a horizontal oriented speaker. If you have enough space, you could do three mini monitors or two mini monitors and a center 1, if you don't.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #30545 of 30547 Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelwright View Post
Don't tell me that. It might cause my divorce. Just got my sigs.
I would return the sig line if you can. Although, I think this new reference line is going to be substantially more expensive. In that case the "old sig" line will probably go on sale or perhaps become the new studio line.
post #30546 of 30547 Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911_turbo View Post
I would return the sig line if you can. Although, I think this new reference line is going to be substantially more expensive. In that case the "old sig" line will probably go on sale or perhaps become the new studio line.
Normally, I might agree but with no clear direction
Or even a subtle hint from Paradigm what you posted
Is only speculation. Not enough to warrant a return
Without hard facts. IMHO
post #30547 of 30547 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911_turbo View Post
I got a nice discount of my sig stuff. Plus the dealer I got everything except the adp3s from is out of business so no return for me. Besides it's been a few months since I got the stuff. I'm all about a P5 and P2 now. Gotta save save save.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page