30Likes

post #30631 of 30641 Old Today, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I'm going to have to snag some V5 Studios if they do go on fire sale... because the rep was saying the Studios may get phased out once the Prestige line gets established. It might not be right away, but perhaps a bit later. There is the possibility that the Signatures could become the "Studio"-like line, but with the higher price point. Paradigm doesn't seem to be lowering their prices; just the opposite!! If you have a sub, you won't notice the slightly flabbier low bass response.
Im gonna try and do the same. Or maybe I can catch someone with 100 v4's selling thiers to grab the v5's on fire sale. I've not be able to tell a difference in sound between v4 and v5. BUT, i've never heard them side by side in the same room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30632 of 30641 Old Today, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrbington View Post
Im gonna try and do the same. Or maybe I can catch someone with 100 v4's selling thiers to grab the v5's on fire sale. I've not be able to tell a difference in sound between v4 and v5. BUT, i've never heard them side by side in the same room.
The sonic difference is negligible.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #30633 of 30641 Old Today, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Has it been confirmed that they are phasing out the Studio series?
That makes me a little sad.
post #30634 of 30641 Old Today, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrbington View Post
Has it been confirmed that they are phasing out the Studio series?
That makes me a little sad.
Their rep said more than likely after the Prestige line gets established. They might continue it if there is enough customer feedback, but only if. There will be no V6 Studio version. It seems like the Prestige line is another cost cutting measure for them. Bass response was tighter/fuller, but everything else was not as good. Oh, and of course, the base price went up.

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; Today at 04:49 PM.
post #30635 of 30641 Old Today, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcelyea View Post
Heard the prestige 85 at Cedia. Sounded really nice. 3 towers at $3000 $4000 and $5000 and the bookself at 1699. An up charge for the new finish like the tributes of $200 or $300 for the biggest tower.
Pricing may change because the signs said tba on the pricing but the reps gave those numbers.
Shipping in November
The tweeter is s-pal but different from the current studio. All the towers are 2 1/2 way. The deep bass during the demo sounded great.

Do wish they had the beryllium tweeter like my signature v2. They look better in real life then in the pictures

Cant wait until they upgrade the Signature line.

The current Studio V.5 line uses the G-Pal Tweeter (Gold).......the currently available S-Pal Tweeter is in the monitor series. I'm not sure where the new Prestige S-Pal tweeter fits in the lineup.......not sure if Paradigm is claiming it is better than anything they have now?
post #30636 of 30641 Old Today, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The new tweeter is all aluminum no? Can it be a modification of the tweeter used in the Monitor series? I can't believe they would give up the good will built into the studio brand.

Paradigm v.5 speakers: Studio 100s - Fronts, Studio CC-690 - Center , ADP-590s - Surround.
Pardigm V.4 speakers: Studio 20s - Rear Surround, Sub12
Pre/Pro - Yamaha CX-A5000, AMP - Yamaha MX-A5000
TV - Samsung UNDF658000
post #30637 of 30641 Old Today, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/press...ce/#more-27066

From this information (if accurate) it looks like it is the same tweeter as the current Monitor series with a new "Tweeter Lens".

It does not say it is a newer version of the S-Pal so I suspect it is the same one that is used right now.........which does sound a little bright to me compared to the G-Pal.

These are very unattractive speaker's and I am quits on Paradigm........a scratched up SE Center.......returned.......two sets in a row of Rosenut Studio 100's and CC690 scratched .......marked up.........uneven finish and surface.............just a joke.

Today I was listening, happily, to my Studio 20 V.1's on my stereo system......they still sound nice........and are completely mark free as new.
post #30638 of 30641 Old Today, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/press...ce/#more-27066

From this information (if accurate) it looks like it is the same tweeter as the current Monitor series with a new "Tweeter Lens".

It does not say it is a newer version of the S-Pal so I suspect it is the same one that is used right now.........which does sound a little bright to me compared to the G-Pal.

These are very unattractive speaker's and I am quits on Paradigm........a scratched up SE Center.......returned.......two sets in a row of Rosenut Studio 100's and CC690 scratched .......marked up.........uneven finish and surface.............just a joke.

Today I was listening, happily, to my Studio 20 V.1's on my stereo system......they still sound nice........and are completely mark free as new.
Paradigm quality seems to be slipping while prices keep rising.

post #30639 of 30641 Old Today, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've been a Paradigm fan since they first came out with the Studios 100 back in 1998, which I purchased after comparing them to a set of B&W at twice the price but, to my ears at the time, sounded similar. That's how I got to know Paradigm as an awesome value compared to other brands. But now, not any more. They keep raising prices to where they are no longer the premium value brand. I have a set of S8v3, C5v3, and Adp3v3, all in piano black, but these may be the last set of Paradigms I buy. I'm moving on to other premium brands that offer sound quality at a better value. I have my first pair of PSB Synchrony Two for my bedroom and these speakers sound awesome. I'm also eyeing a set of Focal Electra 1028be which has a lower price on their dark walnut, maybe even look at the Triton One which has glowing reviews.
post #30640 of 30641 Old Today, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeshanok View Post
I've been a Paradigm fan since they first came out with the Studios 100 back in 1998, which I purchased after comparing them to a set of B&W at twice the price but, to my ears at the time, sounded similar. That's how I got to know Paradigm as an awesome value compared to other brands. But now, not any more. They keep raising prices to where they are no longer the premium value brand. I have a set of S8v3, C5v3, and Adp3v3, all in piano black, but these may be the last set of Paradigms I buy. I'm moving on to other premium brands that offer sound quality at a better value. I have my first pair of PSB Synchrony Two for my bedroom and these speakers sound awesome. I'm also eyeing a set of Focal Electra 1028be which has a lower price on their dark walnut, maybe even look at the Triton One which has glowing reviews.
Triads are great too. US built is a big plus in my book.

post #30641 of 30641 Old Today, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
There will be no V6 Studio version.
Wow, that is sobering news. It seems there isn't a good mid-level choice anymore. Paradigm's Studio peaked with the V4, Revel's later Performas never quite matched the original, and B&W lost their way after the 700 series. I was really hoping the V6 would buck the trend of higher price for less performance with each generation.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page