Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1027 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 65Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #30781 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
grasshoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aridzona
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Anyone ever compare Sig4 v1's with the Sig2 V3's? There is a set of 4's in my local area and i already have the Sig 2 V3's.
I've never compared them but I found it
Interesting that the S2 is actually speced to
Play a bit lower than the S4. You would think
The S4 would have better bass extension.
grasshoppers is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30782 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I am new to the forum and Paradigm!

I am currently running a 5.1 system and want to move to a 7.1 system and eventually add Atmos speakers as well. The challenge is I live in a condo and the space is limited and putting speakers in the ceiling is not really an option.

Front - Studio 60
Centre - Studio CC
Rear - Studio 20

I am on the hunt for the right sub to match the system and considering the UltraCube 10, anyone have this sub or make some suggestions Also, would love to hear what speakers would be best for the additional rears, debating between Studio 10/20?

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30783 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I am new to the forum and Paradigm!

I am currently running a 5.1 system and want to move to a 7.1 system and eventually add Atmos speakers as well. The challenge is I live in a condo and the space is limited and putting speakers in the ceiling is not really an option.

Front - Studio 60
Centre - Studio CC
Rear - Studio 20

I am on the hunt for the right sub to match the system and considering the UltraCube 10, anyone have this sub or make some suggestions Also, would love to hear what speakers would be best for the additional rears, debating between Studio 10/20?

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30784 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
grasshoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aridzona
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I am new to the forum and Paradigm!

I am currently running a 5.1 system and want to move to a 7.1 system and eventually add Atmos speakers as well. The challenge is I live in a condo and the space is limited and putting speakers in the ceiling is not really an option.

Front - Studio 60
Centre - Studio CC
Rear - Studio 20

I am on the hunt for the right sub to match the system and considering the UltraCube 10, anyone have this sub or make some suggestions Also, would love to hear what speakers would be best for the additional rears, debating between Studio 10/20?
For what you would pay for the Ultracube 10 you can get
Better performing subs from SVS,Rythmik or HSU at
Lower prices. That being said I own the UltraCube 10 and
It's a good performer but my entry level Rythmik F12
Is a much better sub.

I would get the Studio 10 for additional rears, surround content
Doesn't really stress speakers too much.
grasshoppers is online now  
post #30785 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Member
 
vkk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I am new to the forum and Paradigm!

I am currently running a 5.1 system and want to move to a 7.1 system and eventually add Atmos speakers as well. The challenge is I live in a condo and the space is limited and putting speakers in the ceiling is not really an option.

Front - Studio 60
Centre - Studio CC
Rear - Studio 20

I am on the hunt for the right sub to match the system and considering the UltraCube 10, anyone have this sub or make some suggestions Also, would love to hear what speakers would be best for the additional rears, debating between Studio 10/20?
I have the SVS SB13 mated to Paradigm Studio 100s and CC-690, it complements the speakers very well. I'm sure it will be great with the Studio 60s.
vkk07 is offline  
post #30786 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
For what you would pay for the Ultracube 10 you can get
Better performing subs from SVS,Rythmik or HSU at
Lower prices. That being said I own the UltraCube 10 and
It's a good performer but my entry level Rythmik F12
Is a much better sub.

I would get the Studio 10 for additional rears, surround content
Doesn't really stress speakers too much.
Thank you grasshoppers, there is a used one I offered $250 for will see if he takes it. Thanks for the tip on the additional surrounds and will look into the SVS as I have not heard them before.

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30787 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkk07 View Post
I have the SVS SB13 mated to Paradigm Studio 100s and CC-690, it complements the speakers very well. I'm sure it will be great with the Studio 60s.
Thanks vk, another SVS recommendation!!

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30788 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CHASLS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa FL area
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
I've never compared them but I found it
Interesting that the S2 is actually speced to
Play a bit lower than the S4. You would think
The S4 would have better bass extension.
The guy is asking $1600 for the set of Sig 4's and that is a little high in my book.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
CHASLS2 is offline  
post #30789 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
tboe77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Also, if the S4 is v1, it won't have have the beryllium tweeter.
tboe77 is offline  
post #30790 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
for that amount of cash it must sound like gods speaking in your ear
MrGrey is offline  
post #30791 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
grasshoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aridzona
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Thank you grasshoppers, there is a used one I offered $250 for will see if he takes it. Thanks for the tip on the additional surrounds and will look into the SVS as I have not heard them before.
That's actually a very good price on an
UltraCube 10!!! If it's in good workin condition
Anything up to $400 would be a good deal.

Not to many subs could hang with an UltraCube 10
At a $400 price point.

Let us know what transpires.
grasshoppers is online now  
post #30792 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I am new to the forum and Paradigm!

I am currently running a 5.1 system and want to move to a 7.1 system and eventually add Atmos speakers as well. The challenge is I live in a condo and the space is limited and putting speakers in the ceiling is not really an option.

Front - Studio 60
Centre - Studio CC
Rear - Studio 20

I am on the hunt for the right sub to match the system and considering the UltraCube 10, anyone have this sub or make some suggestions Also, would love to hear what speakers would be best for the additional rears, debating between Studio 10/20?
With 3D "immersive" audio formats like Atmos you want a little more robust surrounds due to more aggressive surround mixing (and they should match), so add another pair of Studio 20's to keep the sound field as seamless as possible. One problem with Paradigm is that they don't have much in the way of good ceiling speakers or easily mountable matching Studios bookshelves or monitors. One possibility is to get four relatively inexpensive Tannoy Pro Di series Dual Concentric outdoor speakers with adjustable brackets and mount them really high up on the wall (as close to the ceiling as possible) so they fall close to the recommended angles in the home Dolby Atmos white papers (and then aim them towards the MLP). Do front and back heights (though they're not ideal positions) and use wire mold to hide the speaker wire for a temporary setup. The Tannoy's are getting good reviews from some of our hardy Atmos system owners on this forum.

And I also recommend the ID sub brands mentioned above. Much better boom for your buck than Paradigm.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 10-18-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #30793 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
That's actually a very good price on an
UltraCube 10!!! If it's in good workin condition
Anything up to $400 would be a good deal.

Not to many subs could hang with an UltraCube 10
At a $400 price point.

Let us know what transpires.
We agreed on $270, apparently it is still brand new in the box, albeit an older model.

I will have to find another though if I want to hook up two subs as the SC-85 allows that.

Thanks for the guidance!

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30794 of 30808 Old 10-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
With 3D "immersive" audio formats like Atmos you want a little more robust surrounds due to more aggressive surround mixing (and they should match), so add another pair of Studio 20's to keep the sound field as seamless as possible. One problem with Paradigm is that they don't have much in the way of good ceiling speakers or easily mountable matching Studios bookshelves or monitors. One possibility is to get four relatively inexpensive Tannoy Pro Di series Dual Concentric outdoor speakers with adjustable brackets and mount them really high up on the wall (as close to the ceiling as possible) so they fall close to the recommended angles in the home Dolby Atmos white papers (and then aim them towards the MLP). Do front and back heights (though they're not ideal positions) and use wire mold to hide the speaker wire for a temporary setup. The Tannoy's are getting good reviews from some of our hardy Atmos system owners on this forum.

And I also recommend the ID sub brands mentioned above. Much better boom for your buck than Paradigm.
Thanks Dan, appreciate the advice, always great to hear it from those with experience. I will look into the Tannoy's, have heard god things about their speakers.

I am getting a great deal on the Paradigm and will try it out for that price.

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30795 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Does anyone know much or have used the Paradigm Cinema ADP v.3 speakers? Would they make a good pair to make my system 7.1 or perhaps as Atmos speakers?

Thank you!

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30796 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Does anyone know much or have used the Paradigm Cinema ADP v.3 speakers? Would they make a good pair to make my system 7.1 or perhaps as Atmos speakers?

Thank you!

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30797 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mtbdudex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,537
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Per Paradigm you want direct (monopole) or bipole for Atmos surrounds, they recommend ADP for a traditional 5.1/7.1 diffusive surround field


Via Mikes brain/thumb interface, LLAP
mtbdudex is offline  
post #30798 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Does anyone know much or have used the Paradigm Cinema ADP v.3 speakers? Would they make a good pair to make my system 7.1 or perhaps as Atmos speakers?

Thank you!
Studio ADP's are wired as dipoles. Not good or even recommended for Atmos, Auro, or DTS's upcoming competing 3D audio format. I asked about this at CEDIA and the Paradigm guys said to use new Monitor surrounds (though they aren't timbre matched) because they were bipoles and not dipoles. Since they're getting rid of the Studio line, they have no plan to release Atmos friendly Studio surround speakers.

What do you use for speakers right now?

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; Yesterday at 11:22 AM.
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #30799 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Studio ADP's are wired as dipoles. Not good or even recommended for Atmos, Auro, or DTS's upcoming competing 3D audio format. I asked about this at CEDIA and the Paradigm guys said to use new Monitor surrounds (though they aren't timbre matched) because they were bipoles and not dipoles. Since they're getting rid of the Studio line, they have no plan to release Atmos friendly Studio surround speakers.

What do you use for speakers right now?
Studio 60's - front
Studio 20's - rear
Studio CC - centre
Ultra cube 10 - sub

I am debating about going to 7.1 and thought the ADP's would work for that and possibly more.

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30800 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Senior Member
 
rwheelwright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Per Paradigm you want direct (monopole) or bipole for Atmos surrounds, they recommend ADP for a traditional 5.1/7.1 diffusive surround field


Via Mikes brain/thumb interface, LLAP
That sucks. I just bought adp3 a few months ago. Could have saved moved and gotten a second pair of S2s. But I won't be doing at,so anytime soon. No money and crap space to make it work.
rwheelwright is offline  
post #30801 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Studio 60's - front
Studio 20's - rear
Studio CC - centre
Ultra cube 10 - sub

I am debating about going to 7.1 and thought the ADP's would work for that and possibly more.
Studio 20's for the back surrounds. Most definitely.

You don't want to have overly diffuse speakers with the new sound formats. Times, they are a-changin'.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #30802 of 30808 Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Studio 20's for the back surrounds. Most definitely.

You don't want to have overly diffuse speakers with the new sound formats. Times, they are a-changin'.
Thanks Dan, good thing I got the ADP's free with my Ultracube Sub!

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30803 of 30808 Old Today, 03:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Thanks Dan, good thing I got the ADP's free with my Ultracube Sub!
Free is always good.

I wonder if there's a way to get into the "guts" of the ADP's and re-wire/mod the tweeters as bipoles. That would make them a little more like wide dispersion monopoles. Then they would be great for tops/overheads.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; Today at 04:07 AM.
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #30804 of 30808 Old Today, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Free is always good.

I wonder if there's a way to get into the "guts" of the ADP's and re-wire/mod the tweeters as bipoles. That would make them a little more like wide dispersion monopoles. Then they would be great for tops/overheads.
That's a good idea, I used to have Polk speakers that had a toggle to go between bi-pole and di-pole, so one would think that it is possible. Will see if there is good shop here in Vancouver that will do that.
Dan Hitchman likes this.

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30805 of 30808 Old Today, 10:38 AM
Member
 
blue dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Studio 60's - front
Studio 20's - rear
Studio CC - centre
Ultra cube 10 - sub

I am debating about going to 7.1 and thought the ADP's would work for that and possibly more.
You definitely need a better sub as well.

Paradigm v.5 speakers: Studio 100s - Fronts, Studio CC-690 - Center , ADP-590s - Surround.
Pardigm V.4 speakers: Studio 20s - Rear Surround, Sub12
Pre/Pro - Yamaha CX-A5000, AMP - Yamaha MX-A5000
TV - Samsung UNDF658000
blue dragon is offline  
post #30806 of 30808 Old Today, 11:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
You definitely need a better sub as well.
I have a pretty small room setup (living in a condo) and it seems to pack a good punch...I may consider adding a second sub though.

What do you think is lacking with the cube and what would you suggest?

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
post #30807 of 30808 Old Today, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
grasshoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aridzona
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I have a pretty small room setup (living in a condo) and it seems to pack a good punch...I may consider adding a second sub though.

What do you think is lacking with the cube and what would you suggest?
In a small room and a condo..there is nothing
Wrong with the Ultracube 10...and I speak from
Personal experience.
grasshoppers is online now  
post #30808 of 30808 Old Today, 10:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
In a small room and a condo..there is nothing
Wrong with the Ultracube 10...and I speak from
Personal experience.
I am two days into the Ultracube and quite like the tightness of the bass and its overall response to even TV viewing. Watched an show today where there was a scene with a loud heartbeat and it was like we could feel it.

I still need to tweak the sub a little, trying to figure how best to set phase and cutoff frequency (although the SC-85 has crossover at 80hz, does that mean that it sends only frequencies below that to the sub?). What is good practice for determining crossover settings? Thanks again for your feedback and help...all of you, it is much appreciated!

HT: Pioneer SC-85, PS3
2CH: Technics SU-V7X amp, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's
decibels is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off