post #30931 of 30956 Old 11-13-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. W View Post
What improvements did they do to the cabinets?
Real wood veneer with higher quality lacquer rather than cheaper looking paper coated mdf. Improved fit 'n' finish. A rounded back like the Signature line to lower inner cabinet resonances... much better than a standard rectangular box (also more expensive to manufacture). Overall higher quality cabinetry that makes the speaker much more appealing and stronger than previous versions of the Studio line.
ambesolman likes this.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30932 of 30956 Old 11-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
They improved the speaker cabinets by quite a bit, and the driver quality is more refined. If you can wait a spell for the prices on the V5's to come down then do so.
Around the time the Studio v.5 and Signature v.3 were introduced, Paradigm was offshoring manufacturing of their curved cabinets to China. I recall they were not happy with the quality, and have since repatriated much of the work.

There might be a sale on Studio speakers, but that assumes they have an inventory to dispose of.

AVfile, whitey019, blish2 and 1 others like this.
post #30933 of 30956 Old 11-14-2014, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Looks like there's more candy in there than Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory!!!

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
post #30934 of 30956 Old 11-16-2014, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hello, I wonder with the new PRESTIGE line, will the Studio have "big" discount ?
post #30935 of 30956 Old 11-16-2014, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello,

Paradigm J-18C center channel stand
Will it work with the CC-470?

Photo Tour of my home - 2ch, 3.1, & 5.1 buildsĀ 
But a whole new house is getting wired now!
New media room shaping up: Sony XBR70X850B 4K, Denon AVR-X4100W, Studio 60s
Thanks to all the AVS members. This is a great community.
post #30936 of 30956 Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbenice View Post
Hello, I wonder with the new PRESTIGE line, will the Studio have "big" discount ?
I asked my dealer the same question he's one of the biggest paradigm deals here in CT he says it wont be for a while if at all he says the studios wont be discounted. or discontinued I'm hoping he wrong I am looking to upgrade to the studios but I'm going to demo the Prestige's on Wednesday He is going to have a loner set for a week the 85s he been told the line will officially start shipping late this month
justbenice likes this.
post #30937 of 30956 Old 11-17-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed84gt View Post
I asked my dealer the same question he's one of the biggest paradigm deals here in CT he says it wont be for a while if at all he says the studios wont be discounted. or discontinued I'm hoping he wrong I am looking to upgrade to the studios but I'm going to demo the Prestige's on Wednesday He is going to have a loner set for a week the 85s he been told the line will officially start shipping late this month
Then Paradigm has changed their tune about phasing out the Studios. Maybe they received some blow back.

post #30938 of 30956 Old 11-17-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Then Paradigm has changed their tune about phasing out the Studios. Maybe they received some blow back.
I'm going to ask him a little more on Wednesday when I demo the prestige's.
post #30939 of 30956 Old 11-17-2014, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I'm going to ask him a little more on Wednesday when I demo the prestige's.

Please give us your thoughts after you hear them
post #30940 of 30956 Old 11-17-2014, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I recently picked up 2 Monitor v7 9s and Center 1 to replace my Infinite Primus setup (2 P363 and 2 P163). My idea at the time was to replace the front and have the extra Primus speakers as surround. The issue is that I like multi-channel stereo and was wondering if having non matching speaker as surround wouldn't be so good? Would getting a pair of Atoms or Minis for the surround be a better idea?

Thanks for the help!
post #30941 of 30956 Old 11-17-2014, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnces View Post
I recently picked up 2 Monitor v7 9s and Center 1 to replace my Infinite Primus setup (2 P363 and 2 P163). My idea at the time was to replace the front and have the extra Primus speakers as surround. The issue is that I like multi-channel stereo and was wondering if having non matching speaker as surround wouldn't be so good? Would getting a pair of Atoms or Minis for the surround be a better idea?

Thanks for the help!
Despite what some claim, the closer all your speakers are to being timbre matched, the better and more seamless the overall sonic palette of your system will be. I'd go with the Mini Monitors. The Atoms are a bit on the wimpy side for today's modern digital soundtracks, especially with Atmos or Auro encoding.

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 11-17-2014 at 10:48 PM.
post #30942 of 30956 Old 11-17-2014, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Despite what some claim, the closer all your speakers are to being timbre matched, the better and more seamless the overall sonic palette of your system will be. I'd go with the Mini Monitors. The Atoms are a bit on the wimpy side for today's modern digital soundtracks, especially with Atmos or Auro encoding.
Thanks for the info! Now if I can only find a good deal on the Minis.
post #30943 of 30956 Old 11-19-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skads_187 View Post
Please give us your thoughts after you hear them

Well I made a big mistake today by demoing the new Prestige 85's Now I really cant make a decision on what to buy the studio's or prestige's. I'm totally torn I listen to them about an hour the biggest difference in listening was made between the amplifier choice as They did seem bright on the high end at first driven by an Anthem Mrx 510 but then really sweetened up when paired with a 225w amplifier also Anthem. I then demoed them with a Arcam AVR 380 alone and they were very neutral I did not try any other receiver combos as those are the two I am trying to decide on. They were great on the mid and low end very tight. Now better than the studios for that much of a price jump I don't know the lows were really nice that's the part where I am torn I live in in a condo and the sub drives my neighbors nuts this where the prestige's would be nice if you don't want the sub without giving up too much .The cabinets really are nice but if you took the tribute feet put them on monitor v7 cabinets and gave them a gloss finish you have the prestige! I need to make a decision my sons getting inpatient after I already told him he' s getting my current system Marantz and Paradigm Monitor v7s
post #30944 of 30956 Old 11-19-2014, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Well I made a big mistake today by demoing the new Prestige 85's Now I really cant make a decision on what to buy the studio's or prestige's. I'm totally torn I listen to them about an hour the biggest difference in listening was made between the amplifier choice as They did seem bright on the high end at first driven by an Anthem Mrx 510 but then really sweetened up when paired with a 225w amplifier also Anthem. I then demoed them with a Arcam AVR 380 alone and they were very neutral I did not try any other receiver combos as those are the two I am trying to decide on. They were great on the mid and low end very tight. Now better than the studios for that much of a price jump I don't know the lows were really nice that's the part where I am torn I live in in a condo and the sub drives my neighbors nuts this where the prestige's would be nice if you don't want the sub without giving up too much .The cabinets really are nice but if you took the tribute feet put them on monitor v7 cabinets and gave them a gloss finish you have the prestige! I need to make a decision my sons getting inpatient after I already told him he' s getting my current system Marantz and Paradigm Monitor v7s
so you liked them? arent they priced slightly higher than the studio 100's?
post #30945 of 30956 Old 11-19-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skads_187 View Post
so you liked them? arent they priced slightly higher than the studio 100's?

I did like them but I don't know if I can justify the price difference. 3k retail for the smallest tower but the lows were better than the studios which makes a big difference for me my sub rocks my condo and the neighbors don't appreciate it much. And without the sub it feels like I'm missing so much. And the prestige's make up for it no they will never replace a sub but when not running one the lows are their. I think this is part of Paradigms thinking with this new series as I see no sub in the prestige line up.
post #30946 of 30956 Old 11-19-2014, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I did like them but I don't know if I can justify the price difference. 3k retail for the smallest tower but the lows were better than the studios which makes a big difference for me my sub rocks my condo and the neighbors don't appreciate it much. And without the sub it feels like I'm missing so much. And the prestige's make up for it no they will never replace a sub but when not running one the lows are their. I think this is part of Paradigms thinking with this new series as I see no sub in the prestige line up.
How did you like the highs and mids on the Prestige in comparison with the Studios? Also can't you adjust the levels on the sub so that it doesn't hit as hard?
post #30947 of 30956 Old 11-19-2014, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
The lows were better on the smallest Prestige tower than the Studio 100's? Wow, cause my 100's do some pretty good low end already when run full range / no sub.
Personally, and no offense, I think the Prestige line looks gawdy.

post #30948 of 30956 Old 11-20-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork View Post
The lows were better on the smallest Prestige tower than the Studio 100's? Wow, cause my 100's do some pretty good low end already when run full range / no sub.
Personally, and no offense, I think the Prestige line looks gawdy.

I don't know about the smaller towers 75F with three 5-1/2 " drivers I demoed the 85 F which is the middle line with three 6" drivers at 4k per pair and yes the lows were better than the studio 100's I don't know about lower but much more controlled The dealer only has this pair for the demo which is on loan id like to of had the chance to demo the 95F three 7" drivers You don't have to apologize to me about their look I didn't design them nor do I own a pair I'm mixed about the cosmetic appearance of them the pictures don't do them justice the craftsmanship and finish is excellent on the prestige line and they look a lot better with the grills on but they do look very similar to the B&W 600 series with a little more flash and better finish.
post #30949 of 30956 Old 11-20-2014, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Buy which ever speaker sounds better to you.

Paradigm v.5 speakers: Studio 100s - Fronts, Studio CC-690 - Center , ADP-590s - Surround. Sub 12
Pardigm V.4 speakers: Studio 20s - Rear Surround,
Pre/Pro - Yamaha CX-A5000, AMP - Yamaha MX-A5000
Projector: Panasonic PT-AE8000U, Screen: Seymour F100 2.35:1 TV: Samsung UNDF658000
post #30950 of 30956 Old 11-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Buy which ever speaker sounds better to you.
+1
post #30951 of 30956 Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

Liked: 0
Hey everyone, I'm about to decide on getting a pair of Monitor 7's or 9's from my local guy. I'm just wondering what you think is a fair deal, percentage wise? What do you think the dealer's pay Paradigm, if you don''t mind me asking? I'm not asking, so I sound like I'm trying to find out what they are making, I am just curious what the speaker industry markup is? The MSRP for the 7's is $449 each and the 9's is $599 each.....
post #30952 of 30956 Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigZIldjian View Post
Hey everyone, I'm about to decide on getting a pair of Monitor 7's or 9's from my local guy. I'm just wondering what you think is a fair deal, percentage wise? What do you think the dealer's pay Paradigm, if you don''t mind me asking? I'm not asking, so I sound like I'm trying to find out what they are making, I am just curious what the speaker industry markup is? The MSRP for the 7's is $449 each and the 9's is $599 each.....
I would shoot for a minimum of 10% off,
Possibly up to 20%. Here is a pair of very
Nice Paradigm SE tower speakers that,to me,
Sounded better than the Monitor series.
http://www.tsto.com/Paradigm_SE3_Flo...ers_p/1025.htm

Use this link as leverage??
post #30953 of 30956 Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 292
^**
The more you buy at once the more you can save, as he'll make total profit on the sale. I bought my total HT 7.1 package (monitor 9's, adp 390, cc390) plus Denon 4520 plus Sony PJ, over $10k MSRP I got 30% on some, more on other.
As him give you his best offer, look him
In the eye.
Good luck.

Via Mikes brain/thumb interface, LLAP
post #30954 of 30956 Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Liked: 0
Thanks for the replies! To be honest with everyone, I am a drummer and usually get 20% off everything, because I've spent thousands every year there for 6 years. My guy is usually pretty good about getting me the best possible deal, sometimes he'll call his rep for a better price.

Last edited by LudwigZIldjian; Yesterday at 10:07 PM.
post #30955 of 30956 Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Thank you. How do you feel about Prestige's speaker after heared it demo ? And how do you like to compare between the Studio and Prestige ?

Regards,
N.Thanh
post #30956 of 30956 Old Today, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbenice View Post
Thank you. How do you feel about Prestige's speaker after heared it demo ? And how do you like to compare between the Studio and Prestige ?

Regards,
N.Thanh

I wish I had more time with the prestige's I was only able to demo the 85 F which is the middle line with three 6" drivers at 4k per pair which is more than the Studio 100's. Are they better ? And which model do you compare each too the 85F with studio 100 or the larger 95F with studio 100 and 85F with studio 60 if it was that comparison I lean towards the Prestige's . If your going to compare them on price I don't know theirs pros and cons and everyone has different tastes. The Finish is better than the studios but like I said before its all in what you like?
justbenice likes this.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page