Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1035 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 95Likes

post #31021 of 31030 Old 12-25-2014, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone with any experience/feedback on the Monitor 12 sub? Looking to pair a couple with Studio 60's in a fairly large room - I don't really see much feedback on them. Grasshopper seems to have had good performance with Rythmik F12's in a larger room setup - would the Monitor 12 subs be in the same league or is the investment better made in the ID subs? Looking to round out bass in a mostly 2.1 and 5.1 for mostly music? a some TV and HT. Local pricing I can get for Monitor 12 subs is ~899 and Rythmiks would be 100+ or 15" Rythmik F15 at $200+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31022 of 31030 Old 12-25-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigZIldjian View Post
Thanks! I did get the center.... I actually am using this as a stereo setup, since it's for music purposes. So, just the pair of 7's and a sub. I have to see if the Center adds anything to the mix, which I'm sure it will. I will use the Center in the Living Room anyways.
Don't forget that there are numerous multi-channel surround music media (from SA-CD to Blu-ray music) to choose from that sound spectacular compared to straight stereo, so definitely consider keeping the center with the system and getting some Monitor bookshelves for the surrounds.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #31023 of 31030 Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by synodontis View Post
Anyone with any experience/feedback on the Monitor 12 sub? Looking to pair a couple with Studio 60's in a fairly large room - I don't really see much feedback on them. Grasshopper seems to have had good performance with Rythmik F12's in a larger room setup - would the Monitor 12 subs be in the same league or is the investment better made in the ID subs? Looking to round out bass in a mostly 2.1 and 5.1 for mostly music? a some TV and HT. Local pricing I can get for Monitor 12 subs is ~899 and Rythmiks would be 100+ or 15" Rythmik F15 at $200+
I would look at dedicated sub makers for your sub. You can get much more bang for the buck that way. Head over to the subwoofer subforum and ask there.

Non-standard RAIDs can recover deleted files. Anyone who says RAID protection is only for failed drives is lying.
post #31024 of 31030 Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by synodontis View Post
In Canada my preference would be SVS. But, the Monitor 12
Sub has the sub EQ program called PBK which does a great
Job EQ'ing the sub. (Sold separately)
post #31025 of 31030 Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I think I'm going to go with a Monitor 11 5.1 setup, but I am still deciding about what sub to use. First, the room I'm using for my HT is carpeted; would anyone know if carpet will affect a closed or ported sub differently? Or which one might be better suited? Then, I have to decide between manufacturers; I'm leaning towards SVS, but the Monitor Sub 12 also gets good reviews. Decisions decisions...
post #31026 of 31030 Old Today, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have been away from Paradigm speakers for a couple years but noted the sale for the free center so I purchased a pair of Monitor 9's and got the free Center 3. Wow! these are entry level but I remembered what I loved about the Paradigm sound, detailed and hifi sounding while at the same time dynamic and explosive for home theater.

Really bummed out now after calling my local Paradigm dealer. Wanted to add the Surround 3's to timbre match and was quoted MSRP. 798 a pair plus tax... Flat out, no discount. These would have to be ordered so would have to wait as well.

I did try and order the above towers and center but they didn't have these in stock and the guy I talked to wasn't sure if they could do the center channel deal anyway. Actually didn't have any Monitor speakers in stock and told me it would take up to 2 weeks to get them. The above order from Paradigm took 2 days to arrive with no drive to the store and no sales tax. Packed extremely well

This dealer used to really deal and do what they could to get a sale but it seems that is a thing of the past. Very depressing... I understand the dealer is in business to make a profit and I want to support them but I never had to pay full MSRP before. Is this the same with all Paradigm dealers now?
post #31027 of 31030 Old Today, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad335 View Post
I have been away from Paradigm speakers for a couple years but noted the sale for the free center so I purchased a pair of Monitor 9's and got the free Center 3. Wow! these are entry level but I remembered what I loved about the Paradigm sound, detailed and hifi sounding while at the same time dynamic and explosive for home theater.

Really bummed out now after calling my local Paradigm dealer. Wanted to add the Surround 3's to timbre match and was quoted MSRP. 798 a pair plus tax... Flat out, no discount. These would have to be ordered so would have to wait as well.

I did try and order the above towers and center but they didn't have these in stock and the guy I talked to wasn't sure if they could do the center channel deal anyway. Actually didn't have any Monitor speakers in stock and told me it would take up to 2 weeks to get them. The above order from Paradigm took 2 days to arrive with no drive to the store and no sales tax. Packed extremely well

This dealer used to really deal and do what they could to get a sale but it seems that is a thing of the past. Very depressing... I understand the dealer is in business to make a profit and I want to support them but I never had to pay full MSRP before. Is this the same with all Paradigm dealers now?
I find our local dealers will discount 10 - 15%. I'd call a couple other dealers and see what they say.
post #31028 of 31030 Old Today, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcrone View Post
I find our local dealers will discount 10 - 15%. I'd call a couple other dealers and see what they say.
There would be no such luck in Colorado. There are almost no Paradigm dealers left in the state (retail A/V outlets are drying up faster than the Gobi Desert!), so competition is at a bare minimum with little to no incentives to haggle. No deals for me either... unless it's a Paradigm authorized inventory reduction sale of some sort.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; Today at 10:22 AM.
post #31029 of 31030 Old Today, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcrone View Post
Thanks for the reply but no other dealers around here and no online sales allowed with new Paradigm gear.

Sorry, these surrounds are not worth $800 new. I know it and the dealer knows it...In the past we played a little game and he would knock some off the price but that no longer seems to be the case. Going to look for a pair used. Makes me sad because this dealer is eventually going to disappear and they were excellent.

Anyone have links to dealers that sell used Paradigm gear online?
post #31030 of 31030 Old Today, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad335 View Post
Thanks for the reply but no other dealers around here and no online sales allowed with new Paradigm gear.

Sorry, these surrounds are not worth $800 new. I know it and the dealer knows it...In the past we played a little game and he would knock some off the price but that no longer seems to be the case. Going to look for a pair used. Makes me sad because this dealer is eventually going to disappear and they were excellent.

Anyone have links to dealers that sell used Paradigm gear online?
This isn't a link for used, but I find it a bit incredulous that your dealer won't get you a better price. I got around $100 off on my Surround 3's and I'm in Canada.
Hopefully one these dealers can do something good for you:

http://paradigm.com/locator/index.php?domestic=1
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems