post #31771 of 31778 Unread Today, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
How about above the TV pointed down at MLP? I've seen countless debates for people with projectors and non AT screens in the "above vs below" screen, yours seems obvious above screen and point down. That should work.

Via Mikes brain/thumb interface, LLAP
From a fellow Michgander - - that is about the only option I see you having - - above the screen. I have seen the "above screen" configuration before but not with a fireplace below. And if it's a working fireplace - - it will be difficult to hide the connecting wires as the chimney/vent makes it difficult to route anything.

You could look at an extended "mount" that allows you to place the CC 690 on the mantle but again, if it's a working fireplace, there are always heat concerns.

It's a beautiful room that is very tastefully decorated.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31772 of 31778 Unread Today, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrog View Post
Hi all...

I am going to be looking at some used ADP 390's (v6) to complete my surround system (studio 60 v4's and cc-590 v4 front). Any tips on what to look for when looking at surround speakers?

I have asked for seller to set it up with Blu-Ray and will take a couple movies I know, but it will be through "his" system so the familiarity is low.

I will be wall mounting so I want to make sure it comes with mounts obviously as well. I am comparing them with some Axiom qS8's so will see which ones I like better.

Any tips would be greatly helpful!

Thanks!
I have the ADP 590's in a 7.1 configuration. I use them as "side surrounds" with direct firing Paradigm Millenia speakers in the rear. I find the direct firing speakers as rear surrounds work best. I was space challenged so that's the largest speakers (Millenia) that could fit in my HT room (rear).

I used the Paradigm mounts that came with the ADP 590's. They work very well. Just make sure they are anchored in to a stud or wood trim extending to the dry wall. In my case, most of the speaker weight leans against the wall.

Hope this helps with your setup.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #31773 of 31778 Unread Today, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJS View Post
I've recently acquired two pairs of Signature S1s (v2 & v3). I'd like to get a C1 to go along with them, however upon further research it looks like those rarely make an appearance on the used market. Reluctantly, I could go for a C3 also, but looks like the same issue. And at $2700 new, along with a 120-mile round trip through gut-wrenching traffic to get to the closest dealer - well, I'd rather not.

I've read that the Studio 490 & 590 could be a good match, however they have rear ports and I'd be concerned that eventually this center may wind up inside a TV stand's center slot. Maybe I could plug the port(s)?

So, besides the usual online sale sources (audiogon, usaudiomart, here, etc.) what are my best options to find something that meshes? Obviously, a matching shape to the S1 would be preferred (IOW, no square boxes).

Thanks

I was in a similar predicament. I needed a center channel speaker to match my Signature S8 v2's but couldn't stomach paying $2800 for a C3 or $4999 for a C5. ..Asked my dealer to find either a Studio CC-690 or CC-590. ..He called Paradigm and was told their new Prestige 55C sounded more like the Signature line than the Studio. ..I picked mine up last week and couldn't be happier. Very smooth, incredible power handling, and looks great. ..All for $1600.

As for the long distance to get to a dealer, I'd call Paradigm and see if they are any closer newly appointed dealers that do not yet show up on the dealer search on their website. ...In my area (suburban Philadelphia) it seems that Paradigm is expanding their network. Last year there was just one, now it looks like there are three w/in 45 mins. of me. ..Heck, maybe they'll even sell to you directly if they don't have any dealers within a reasonable distance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55C w out grill.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	631769  
SmittyJS likes this.

Last edited by syd123; Today at 10:41 AM.
post #31774 of 31778 Unread Today, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Did Paradigm just jack up their prices? I was checking their site and the Signature S8 is $5630 each now. That's $11260 for a pair...
post #31775 of 31778 Unread Today, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
Did Paradigm just jack up their prices?
Does a bear ---- in the woods?

That would be a yes.

They ceased to be a "good deal" a while ago.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #31776 of 31778 Unread Today, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
Did Paradigm just jack up their prices? I was checking their site and the Signature S8 is $5630 each now. That's $11260 for a pair...
Still shows $4499 ea for me. $9K for the pair.
post #31777 of 31778 Unread Today, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenonLover View Post
It ain't happening. Its really simple, sound stage or divorce where she takes half. Trust me, I fought this battle and lost.
Then save center speaker for your next house because it is doing more harm than good where it is.
Dan Hitchman likes this.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #31778 of 31778 Unread Today, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Then save center speaker for your next house because it is doing more harm than good where it is.
My house, my money, my rules. We actually like the way the system sounds and we have tested it with and without the center speaker. When my wife and I fell in love with our new home we both agreed that this system would take a back seat in our home Home ==> Sound System vs Sound System ==> Home. I going to keep the room exactly the way it is and move on to my other interests as this is not my life.

When I visit my father in hospice each day it reminds me of what is important and what is not important. This is not important.

Samsung 75” 4k UHD 8550 | Oppo BDP-105D | Paradigm Studio 100's v5 (Mains Bi-amped) | Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5 (Center) | Paradigm ADP-590 v5 (Back) | SVS PB13-Ultra (x2) | Marantz AV-7702 pre/pro | Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-3, XPA-5 | Harmony Ultimate Home Remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page