297Likes
post #31801 of 31827 Old 03-30-2015, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Did you play a multichannel soundtrack? 5.1/7.1 with a hard center channel and not a stereo track?

If so, you may need to do a full factory reset on your processor (as per your instruction manual). If that doesn't work... it may be time for trip to the repair shop for your receiver/pre-amp.

New to the Integra world I have to hit the movie button to switch from my previous setting. All good now. 690 is a beast. [ATTACH]636697[/ATTACHClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427765203.632104.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	636697]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31802 of 31827 Old 03-30-2015, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt/E View Post
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here as it's technically a wanted ad but being the largest Paradigm owners thread in the world(right?), it's probably the best chance I have for finding what I am looking for...I recently bought a pair of Studio 100 v.2s that have been upgraded with the v.5 tweeter and the signature mid range driver, so the obvious choice for a center channel would be the CC-570...well good luck finding one for sale right now, anywhere, and I have looked everywhere. I have been searching for the 570 for about a month now and last monday I came across an ad for one on the kijiji classifieds in Calgary, AB. I immediately called the number in the ad and talked to the guy about shipping it to me in Winnipeg, MB, which he agreed to do. I sent him an e mail money transfer for $550 which was accepted right away and then couldn't get a hold of him at all after that. The guy had given me his full name so I was able to find him on facebook and google and I learned that he is a recovering addict that's been in and out of re hab and has fraud charges pending in BC...I even managed to get a hold of the prosecutor in his case and he wasn't a bit surprised this guy did this. I got ripped off by a real degenerate low life that I would love to do unmentionable painful things to but my first priority is to find a CC-570, preferably in cherry but black works too. If anyone out there has one they would be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks for reading my novel and whatever you do, don't send $$$ online with out some sort of guarantee you'll get what you've paid for or a refund.
Hey Matt, that really sucks, your loss hurts me! It is such a shame that we have this kind of thing in our society.

Have you considered a 590? I have seen a couple of those out there...again sorry to hear about your loss.

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Oppo BDP-103, PS3
OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
post #31803 of 31827 Old 03-30-2015, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean122601 View Post
New to the Integra world I have to hit the movie button to switch from my previous setting. All good now. 690 is a beast. [ATTACH]636697[/ATTACHAttachment 636697]
Tis a monster! I should know... I have a 690 too.
dean122601 likes this.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #31804 of 31827 Old 03-30-2015, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Hey Matt, that really sucks, your loss hurts me! It is such a shame that we have this kind of thing in our society.

Have you considered a 590? I have seen a couple of those out there...again sorry to hear about your loss.
I have considered the 490 and 590 but being newer models, they are more expensive and don't match my older studios as nicely because they now have a rounded enclosure.

Pioneer ELITE VSX-82TSX/ Yamaha PC2002M
Pioneer ELITE BDP-23FD
Paradigm Studio 100 v.2's
Paradigm Studio 40 v.4's
Paradigm DSP-3200 w/ BASH 500S amp
WANTED: Paradigm CC-570
post #31805 of 31827 Old 03-30-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I have considered the 490 and 590 but being newer models, they are more expensive and don't match my older studios as nicely because they now have a rounded enclosure.
I have upgraded to the 690 myself and will have a spare mint Studio CC V2 that is close to the 470 in spec anyway.

OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, Studio CC, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
post #31806 of 31827 Old 03-30-2015, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrog View Post
Hi all...

I am going to be looking at some used ADP 390's (v6) to complete my surround system (studio 60 v4's and cc-590 v4 front). Any tips on what to look for when looking at surround speakers?

I have asked for seller to set it up with Blu-Ray and will take a couple movies I know, but it will be through "his" system so the familiarity is low.

I will be wall mounting so I want to make sure it comes with mounts obviously as well. I am comparing them with some Axiom qS8's so will see which ones I like better.

Any tips would be greatly helpful!

Thanks!
Ideally all 5 speakers would be the same model and version. You might want to try to find some v4 surrounds.

Oppo BDP-105 Player
Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3 Tube Amp x 3
Paradigm Studio 60 v.2 x 3 Speakers
Paradigm Studio ADP-470 v.3 x 2 Speakers
Paradigm Seismic-10 Subwoofer
post #31807 of 31827 Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here as it's technically a wanted ad but being the largest Paradigm owners thread in the world(right?), it's probably the best chance I have for finding what I am looking for...I recently bought a pair of Studio 100 v.2s that have been upgraded with the v.5 tweeter and the signature mid range driver, so the obvious choice for a center channel would be the CC-570...well good luck finding one for sale right now, anywhere, and I have looked everywhere. I have been searching for the 570 for about a month now and last monday I came across an ad for one on the kijiji classifieds in Calgary, AB. I immediately called the number in the ad and talked to the guy about shipping it to me in Winnipeg, MB, which he agreed to do. I sent him an e mail money transfer for $550 which was accepted right away and then couldn't get a hold of him at all after that. The guy had given me his full name so I was able to find him on facebook and google and I learned that he is a recovering addict that's been in and out of re hab and has fraud charges pending in BC...I even managed to get a hold of the prosecutor in his case and he wasn't a bit surprised this guy did this. I got ripped off by a real degenerate low life that I would love to do unmentionable painful things to but my first priority is to find a CC-570, preferably in cherry but black works too. If anyone out there has one they would be willing to part with, please let me know.

Thanks for reading my novel and whatever you do, don't send $$$ online with out some sort of guarantee you'll get what you've paid for or a refund.
I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off. It's really risky to send money orders for online orders. For Kijiji and Craigslist, local pick up is the only way to go.
matt/E likes this.
post #31808 of 31827 Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
according to Paradigm, we should see stats on the SW2000 / SW1000 soon .......
post #31809 of 31827 Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Process53 View Post
Ideally all 5 speakers would be the same model and version. You might want to try to find some v4 surrounds.
Maybe it's just Paradigm but I've been able to match a pair of Studio 60's, V.2, to all V.5 Paradigm speakers in my HT setup.

CC690 - V.5
ADP590 - V.5
Millenia (o.k. - not the best match but they actually work great as rear back surrounds in a 7.1 configuration!)

So, while it's optimal to have everything the same model & same version, I think you can mix & match much better with Paradigm than you can with other speaker manufacturers. I'd stay with the same "line" of speakers but I'm constantly amazed at how well the Studio 60's, V.2, provides a seamless front soundstage with the Studio CC690, V.5.

The lower profile of the 60's makes it easier to integrate into my smaller man cave.

I'm still floored at the ability to use an older version speaker with new Paradigm versions in the same line. I wonder if that will be the case in the future?
Luis5150 and decibels like this.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #31810 of 31827 Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I agree that perfectly matching speakers to their series is a little overrated, I use five milleniaones and a pair of s6 v.3 for the fronts
the little milleniaone standing up makes a great center. I know it's probably not ideal, however when I was using just the milleniaones in a 5.2 system, the speakers would still sound slightly different from each other because of their different locations.
post #31811 of 31827 Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Maybe it's just Paradigm but I've been able to match a pair of Studio 60's, V.2, to all V.5 Paradigm speakers in my HT setup.

CC690 - V.5
ADP590 - V.5
Millenia (o.k. - not the best match but they actually work great as rear back surrounds in a 7.1 configuration!)

So, while it's optimal to have everything the same model & same version, I think you can mix & match much better with Paradigm than you can with other speaker manufacturers. I'd stay with the same "line" of speakers but I'm constantly amazed at how well the Studio 60's, V.2, provides a seamless front soundstage with the Studio CC690, V.5.

The lower profile of the 60's makes it easier to integrate into my smaller man cave.

I'm still floored at the ability to use an older version speaker with new Paradigm versions in the same line. I wonder if that will be the case in the future?
In speaking with the Paradigm folks they would say that they intentionally have it so many of the speaker lines may be interchanged...and they do work very well that way, my setup is also 60 v2 with two different pairs of Studio 20's and 690 v5 on its way!
Ricoflashback likes this.

OSD ATM-7
post #31812 of 31827 Unread Today, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi

How is Monitor Sub 10? I just bought monitor 9 speakers plus center 3 and I am having Sinclair 8S similar 8-inch sub.

http://www.sinclairaudio.com/8s.php

http://www.paradigm.com/products-cur.../page=overview

I am wondering how the performance of Monitor Sub 10 compared to Sinlair 8S sub? Or Could I do two sub, one Paradigm sub 10 and the other sinclair 8s sub?

also, do I need to have bass kit?

Honestly, I am new to HT audio. So I don't know if current Sinclair 8S sub has strong performance? My room is 29 feet by 15 feet and I usually don't play loud and I prefer strong music/movie performance. Please advise! Thanks.

Last edited by Roudan; Today at 08:18 AM.
post #31813 of 31827 Unread Today, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roudan View Post
Hi

How is Monitor Sub 10? I just bought monitor 9 speakers plus center 3 and I am having Sinclair 8S similar 8-inch sub.

http://www.sinclairaudio.com/8s.php

I am wondering how the performance of Monitor Sub 10 compared to Sinlair 8S sub? Or Could I do two sub, one Paradigm sub 10 and the other sinclair 8s sub?

also, do I need to have bass kit?

Honestly, I am new to HT audio. So I don't know if current Sinclair 8S sub has strong performance? My room is 29 feet by 15 feet and I usually don't play loud and I prefer strong music/movie performance. Please advise! Thanks.
You should look at SVsound.com and HSURearch.com for much better boom for your buck subs. Paradigm subs are overpriced for what you get. An HSU VTF-15h mk.2 will tear your house apart for about $1,000 and you'll be grinning while it does it.

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; Today at 03:07 PM.
post #31814 of 31827 Unread Today, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
You should look at SVsound.com and HSURearch.com for much better boom for your buck subs. Paradigm subs are overpriced for what you get. An HSU VTF-15h mk.2 will tear your house apart for about $1,000 and you'll be grinning while it does it.

+1 hsuresearch.com

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still
Dan Hitchman likes this.
post #31815 of 31827 Unread Today, 03:54 PM

Thanks Guys. Now I am thinking to upgrade my Monitor 9 to higher model.

Could you please give me some recommendation? I am thinking to move up to Studio 60 +Studio CC-590 center or Studio CC-490? Then what sub do I need?

Thank you so much.
post #31816 of 31827 Unread Today, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Matt... if you are more concerned with matching your 100's v2 (aesthetically speaking...) then the CC v2 should be the one you should be searching for and they come in the used market far more often than the CC-570. Afterall, that is the "center" Paradigm had designed for the Studio series v2 models back then. I have one in my secondary HT/music (paired with Studio 80's v2) and to this day, I find it to be a fantastic sounding center channel.

Just my 2 cents...

| Panasonic TC-P65S2 HD Plasma | Oppo BDP-93 | Paradigm Studio 100's v2 (mains) | Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5 (center) | Paradigm ADP-370 v3 (sides surr.) | Paradigm Studio 20's v2 (sides + back surr.) | SVS PB13-Ultra(x2) | Marantz AV-8801 pre/pro | Emotiva XPA-5 (x2) |
post #31817 of 31827 Unread Today, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis5150 View Post
Matt... if you are more concerned with matching your 100's v2 (aesthetically speaking...) then the CC v2 should be the one you should be searching for and they come in the used market far more often than the CC-570. Afterall, that is the "center" Paradigm had designed for the Studio series v2 models back then. I have one in my secondary HT/music (paired with Studio 80's v2) and to this day, I find it to be a fantastic sounding center channel.
Yeah, it was designed for the the Studio v2 models but it was not a great design. Note that all the succeeding Paradigm centers were 3ways and for good reason. Dumping the CC was one of the best things I ever did.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #31818 of 31827 Unread Today, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis5150 View Post

Just my 2 cents...
I was considering a CC v2 or a CC-450(is there any difference between the 2?) to use temporarily because they are cheap and easy to find. My 100's have been upgraded with v.5 tweeters and signature mids and I have studio 40 v4's in the rear so the CC-570 should be the best match there is. I have found a CC-470 that I'll be buying for $250, it's in need of a replacement diaphragm for the tweeter and I just happen to have one. It's not my first choice but it will do for now and the price is right...and it's available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imannge1.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	641041   Click image for larger version

Name:	imaghhhhe2.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	641049  
Luis5150 and mresseguie like this.

Pioneer ELITE VSX-82TSX/ Yamaha PC2002M
Pioneer ELITE BDP-23FD
Paradigm Studio 100 v.2's
Paradigm Studio 40 v.4's
Paradigm DSP-3200 w/ BASH 500S amp
WANTED: Paradigm CC-570
post #31819 of 31827 Unread Today, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
My 100's have been upgraded with v.5 tweeters and signature mids
Studio v5 tweeters and signature mids on your100's? Nicely done. I am sure once you get that 470 working, it will serve you well.

| Panasonic TC-P65S2 HD Plasma | Oppo BDP-93 | Paradigm Studio 100's v2 (mains) | Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5 (center) | Paradigm ADP-370 v3 (sides surr.) | Paradigm Studio 20's v2 (sides + back surr.) | SVS PB13-Ultra(x2) | Marantz AV-8801 pre/pro | Emotiva XPA-5 (x2) |
post #31820 of 31827 Unread Today, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Guys. Now I am thinking to upgrade my Monitor 9 to higher model.

Could you please give me some recommendation? I am thinking to move up to Studio 60 +Studio CC-590 center or Studio CC-490? Then what sub do I need?

Thank you so much.
Get the larger center.

Same sub recommendations, but I'd go with the HSU Research VTF -15h mk. 2.
Roudan likes this.

post #31821 of 31827 Unread Today, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Get the larger center.

Same sub recommendations, but I'd go with the HSU Research VTF -15h mk. 2.
Hi Dan, so keep monitor 9? Is it correct? and then get larger center? what do you recommend? Thanks, appreciate it. It is really hard for me to pick.
post #31822 of 31827 Unread Today, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi Dan, so keep monitor 9? Is it correct? and then get larger center? what do you recommend? Thanks, appreciate it. It is really hard for me to pick.
If you can still find a Studio 60 with larger CC center speaker... (and hopefully Studios for the surrounds) go with that. The Studios are quite a bump up from the Monitors.

post #31823 of 31827 Unread Today, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If you can still find a Studio 60 with larger CC center speaker... (and hopefully Studios for the surrounds) go with that. The Studios are quite a bump up from the Monitors.
Thank you so much Dan. I am thinking if I don't bump up yo studio 60. How big difference from monitor 9 to monitor 11? Thanks
post #31824 of 31827 Unread Today, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Thank you so much Dan. I am thinking if I don't bump up yo studio 60. How big difference from monitor 9 to monitor 11? Thanks
Not Dan. Monitor 9 to Monitor 11 lateral move.
11's will play a bit louder with less distortion.

Studio series MAJOR upgrade over the Monitor.
(If you can afford them)

My opinion!
Roudan likes this.

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
post #31825 of 31827 Unread Today, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
Not Dan. Monitor 9 to Monitor 11 lateral move.
11's will play a bit louder with less distortion.

Studio series MAJOR upgrade over the Monitor.
(If you can afford them)

My opinion!
Thank you so much. I appreciate it. Now I am thinking maybe going to Studio 60+Studio CC 490 center is beyond my budget now. I am thinking to switch to Polk RTi A9. Any comment comparing to studio 60? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Flo...k+Audio+RTi+A9
post #31826 of 31827 Unread Today, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 195
If you can't get the the Studios then the
Monitors are fine speakers. You asked...
And yes the Studios are better than the Monitors.

I started out with the Monitor 11's, they are
Very good for movies and most music.

I'm not a fan of Polk speakers....at all.
In the time I've been on this forum ive
Seen more folks upgrade from Polk than
Any other brand. Or they tell you that you
Need a thousand dollar external amp to make
Them "come to life". Sorry if you need to invest
$1K on an amp to make a $700 speaker come
To life then that's a poorly designed speaker.
(Or an 'active imagination')

Rant off.
Roudan likes this.

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
post #31827 of 31827 Unread Today, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you so much. I appreciate it. Now I am thinking maybe going to Studio 60+Studio CC 490 center is beyond my budget now. I am thinking to switch to Polk RTi A9. Any comment comparing to studio 60? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Flo...k+Audio+RTi+A9
The Studio 60's would wipe the floor with those Polk's. Heck, the Monitor's would too.

Look at Ascend Acoustics' Sierra line as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page