Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1066 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 342Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31951 of 31966 Old 04-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Member
 
CarsandCigars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mesa,AZ
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan338 View Post
Did you order your speakers thru paradign website?
I don't think you can order the prestige line through their website yet can you?
CarsandCigars is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #31952 of 31966 Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan338 View Post
Budget is around $2,000. Im 50/50 movies/music.
You should be able to find a good pair of used Studio 60's and a CC-590 in that range. This will be much better than a Monitor upgrade of your fronts IMO.

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Anthem MCA 50 Oppo BDP-103, PS3
OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
decibels is offline  
post #31953 of 31966 Old 04-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsandCigars View Post
I don't think you can order the prestige line through their website yet can you?
Only through a dealer at this time...

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Anthem MCA 50 Oppo BDP-103, PS3
OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
decibels is offline  
post #31954 of 31966 Old 04-23-2015, 02:44 AM
Member
 
Moparjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Good morning Paradigm friends
The package 2x95f's , 2x85f/s , 1 55cc (all in Midnight Cherry) + Anthem MRX310 + MCA50 was ordered
Jan 19th 2015
I received a call from my dealer that the Paradigm rep had called him asking if I would take the speakers in
another colour , because the wait time could be to the end of March - I refused to budge, my wife and I liked
the colour + finish to complement our new home (due to fire)
I followed up on the order because my dealer forgot to order the stand for the center speaker -Mar 05 2015
I received the Anthem products right away.
I received the 55cc Mar 20 2015
I received notice that it would not be long on Apr 10 2015
I waited patiently till a few days ago and then posted my concerns here and on Facebook under the Paradigm
area. They replied with in hours (which I thought was great) and we have been working it out thru emails and
phone calls.
My dealer did all he can do, he wants to close this deal as much as me. The problem lies that this product is
in heavy demand because it is absolutely gorgeous and hit the price point. My other choices going into this
was not the Studio line, but rather Tannoy Definition DC10Ti & DC8Ti , Bower & Wilkins CM series or Klipch P38-F's
I will be satisfied if they can take care of my concerns in the next few weeks. I just want to sit down and watch a movie
in my new theater room with some fresh ghost powder flavoured popcorn from my 16oz machine
Moparjoe is online now  
post #31955 of 31966 Old 04-23-2015, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
519audiofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Woodstock, ON
Posts: 426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparjoe View Post
Good morning Paradigm friends
The package 2x95f's , 2x85f/s , 1 55cc (all in Midnight Cherry) + Anthem MRX310 + MCA50 was ordered
Jan 19th 2015
I received a call from my dealer that the Paradigm rep had called him asking if I would take the speakers in
another colour , because the wait time could be to the end of March - I refused to budge, my wife and I liked
the colour + finish to complement our new home (due to fire)
I followed up on the order because my dealer forgot to order the stand for the center speaker -Mar 05 2015
I received the Anthem products right away.
I received the 55cc Mar 20 2015
I received notice that it would not be long on Apr 10 2015
I waited patiently till a few days ago and then posted my concerns here and on Facebook under the Paradigm
area. They replied with in hours (which I thought was great) and we have been working it out thru emails and
phone calls.
My dealer did all he can do, he wants to close this deal as much as me. The problem lies that this product is
in heavy demand because it is absolutely gorgeous and hit the price point. My other choices going into this
was not the Studio line, but rather Tannoy Definition DC10Ti & DC8Ti , Bower & Wilkins CM series or Klipch P38-F's
I will be satisfied if they can take care of my concerns in the next few weeks. I just want to sit down and watch a movie
in my new theater room with some fresh ghost powder flavoured popcorn from my 16oz machine
Wow...
I hope you get the remainder of your order as soon as possible.
I can only imagine what you're going through.
My S6s were ordered last Friday and I am chomping at the bit waiting for their delivery which is supposed to be by the end of this week.
519audiofan is offline  
post #31956 of 31966 Old 04-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Member
 
almo89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Sorry to hear that there are more delays. I don't know if I'm buying the heavy demand thing though. There are that many people buying Prestige speakers in that finish that you have to wait so many months? Hope you get them soon man. I'd still wait though because if I fell in love with the one finish, receiving anything else would be a let down.
almo89 is offline  
post #31957 of 31966 Old 04-23-2015, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 10,218
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1728 Post(s)
Liked: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
Sorry to hear that there are more delays. I don't know if I'm buying the heavy demand thing though. There are that many people buying Prestige speakers in that finish that you have to wait so many months? Hope you get them soon man. I'd still wait though because if I fell in love with the one finish, receiving anything else would be a let down.
They're probably finding out that making these speakers with this type of finishing process leads to lower acceptable yields than they would like and it's causing delays in manufacturing. Either that or Paradigm, using cost cutting measures (usually means more pay for the execs), has fewer staff making their products.
Moparjoe likes this.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is online now  
post #31958 of 31966 Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Senior Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I like that they responded to you so quickly, which shows they care!

Wishing you a speedy delivery with your speakers!

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Anthem MCA 50 Oppo BDP-103, PS3
OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
decibels is offline  
post #31959 of 31966 Old 04-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
syd123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: mid-atlantic region of US
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
They're probably finding out that making these speakers with this type of finishing process leads to lower acceptable yields than they would like and it's causing delays in manufacturing. Either that or Paradigm, using cost cutting measures (usually means more pay for the execs), has fewer staff making their products.
Maybe consider a non-glossy finish like the Walnut or Black Walnut?

Glossy finishes like midnight cherry and piano black are definitely more dramatic and striking looking (the cherry is stunning!), but they do have a downside. Mirror finishes show dust much more easily yet removing it is problematic because dust can be quite abrasive. ..Even light strokes with a microfiber towel can leave fine scratches and swirl marks. Others may disagree but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 1yr old pair of glossy speakers that don't have visible swirl marks. ..And if you ever scratch it, it is way harder (if not impossible) to repair. Not trying to dissuade you but, in addition to a shorter wait, there are other good reasons to consider one of the other non-glossy finishes.
Dan Hitchman and whitey019 like this.

McIntosh MA6600 Integrated amp (for 2-ch) | Onkyo TX-NR1030 AVR (TV/ Movies) | Paradigm Sig S8 v2's (front) | Paradigm Prestige 55C (Center) | Boston Acoustics Bravo 20 speakers (rear) | 2010 Technics SL-1200mk2 Turntable w/ AudioTechnica 440mla cartridge | Mac Mini Music Server | Emotiva XDA-2 DAC | Logitech Touch SB | Samsung PN58B860 Plasma TV

Last edited by syd123; 04-23-2015 at 01:54 PM.
syd123 is offline  
post #31960 of 31966 Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Member
 
blue dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Agree on the glossy finishes, I resorted to using canned compressed air to clean my speakers because of the swirl marks.

Paradigm v.5 speakers: Studio 100s - Fronts, Studio CC-690 - Center , ADP-590s - Surround. Sub 12
Pardigm V.4 speakers: Studio 20s - Rear Surround,
Pre/Pro - Yamaha CX-A5000, AMP - Yamaha MX-A5000
Projector: Panasonic PT-AE8000U, Screen: Seymour F100 2.35:1 TV: Samsung UNDF658000
blue dragon is offline  
post #31961 of 31966 Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys,

I have a question, is Paradigm sub Ps-1000 good? Im not familiar with the brand and was going to buy a Bic F12 for my system, then a friend offer this Paradigm PS series subwoofer for me for $150. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.
Thanks,
windhunter89 is offline  
post #31962 of 31966 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
whitey019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123 View Post
Maybe consider a non-glossy finish like the Walnut or Black Walnut?

Glossy finishes like midnight cherry and piano black are definitely more dramatic and striking looking (the cherry is stunning!), but they do have a downside. Mirror finishes show dust much more easily yet removing it is problematic because dust can be quite abrasive. ..Even light strokes with a microfiber towel can leave fine scratches and swirl marks. Others may disagree but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 1yr old pair of glossy speakers that don't have visible swirl marks. ..And if you ever scratch it, it is way harder (if not impossible) to repair. Not trying to dissuade you but, in addition to a shorter wait, there are other good reasons to consider one of the other non-glossy finishes.
I've always liked the glossy finishes, but because I'm a little anal I bought my v.5s in black ash.
whitey019 is online now  
post #31963 of 31966 Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
Senior Member
 
syd123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: mid-atlantic region of US
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
I've always liked the glossy finishes, but because I'm a little anal I bought my v.5s in black ash.
I suspect most who have them wouldn't buy them again b/c of the challenges they pose in keeping them clean and free from scratches.

McIntosh MA6600 Integrated amp (for 2-ch) | Onkyo TX-NR1030 AVR (TV/ Movies) | Paradigm Sig S8 v2's (front) | Paradigm Prestige 55C (Center) | Boston Acoustics Bravo 20 speakers (rear) | 2010 Technics SL-1200mk2 Turntable w/ AudioTechnica 440mla cartridge | Mac Mini Music Server | Emotiva XDA-2 DAC | Logitech Touch SB | Samsung PN58B860 Plasma TV
syd123 is offline  
post #31964 of 31966 Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
1080pee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm kicking myself for the deal I missed on the local ads. I've been patiently waiting for a CC590 in Rosenut for 20 months, if someone is selling hit me up! Preferably Canada.
1080pee is offline  
post #31965 of 31966 Old Today, 06:56 AM
Member
 
Moparjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was told I will have all my speakers by the end of April !!
Moparjoe is online now  
post #31966 of 31966 Old Today, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
audio4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by windhunter89 View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question, is Paradigm sub Ps-1000 good? Im not familiar with the brand and was going to buy a Bic F12 for my system, then a friend offer this Paradigm PS series subwoofer for me for $150. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.
Thanks,
I had one of those, the version 3, for about 7 years. It's not best with music reproduction, but with movies, in no more than a medium sized room. Mine was a band pass design. My advice is to go for the Bic. You'd get a brand new sub, and I really think it would outperform the dated design from Paradigm.
audio4life is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off