Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1067 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 353Likes

post #31981 of 31987 Old Today, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123 View Post
Destroyed? Seriously? Sigh.. ..Sorry, but comments like this are so overblown they lack credibility. ..Curious to know why you came here, to the Paradigm page, to share your impressions?
Since you appear to be a Mcintosh owner I will disregard the insult.
Former Paradigm owner and continued admirer. The comments were about Paradigm Prestige speakers. They sounded better than I expected. I anticipated them to be bright and bass anemic. I was wrong on both counts. That is a compliment. I am not fond of the glaring hula hoop rings but that is just my opinion. At 4k they dont represent the value of past Paradigm products and that is a shame.
Moparjoe likes this.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31982 of 31987 Old Today, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I showed my wife the Studio line and Prestige line in December. She preferred
the Prestige line, she is all about "The Bling"
this is her bathroom ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150120_105432.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	691178  
post #31983 of 31987 Old Today, 06:56 AM

p.s. my 85f's are shipped !
95f's this week !
I went with 2 x Monitor subs because the 95f's will have enough base and the Prestige SW line won't be out for a while and I really wanted to finish the theater room. Could always update the subs later ....

http://www.paradigm.com/products-cur.../page=overview
post #31984 of 31987 Old Today, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritiumglo View Post
Since you appear to be a Mcintosh owner I will disregard the insult.
Former Paradigm owner and continued admirer. The comments were about Paradigm Prestige speakers. They sounded better than I expected. I anticipated them to be bright and bass anemic. I was wrong on both counts. That is a compliment. I am not fond of the glaring hula hoop rings but that is just my opinion. At 4k they dont represent the value of past Paradigm products and that is a shame.
not sure what the McIntosh remark means, but anyway…

If they sounded better than you expected then how is it that they don't represent the value of past Paradigm products? Seems to me you're putting your dislike for their appearance ahead of their performance.

As for their appearance, what is so flashy about them? They're boxes. Are you that put off by their metal drivers? Perhaps paradigm has found that material to be more linear and provide better power handling. Certainly other mfgs have....

McIntosh MA6600 Integrated amp (for 2-ch) | Onkyo TX-NR1030 AVR (TV/ Movies) | Paradigm Sig S8 v2's (front) | Paradigm Prestige 55C (Center) | Boston Acoustics Bravo 20 speakers (rear) | 2010 Technics SL-1200mk2 Turntable w/ AudioTechnica 440mla cartridge | Mac Mini Music Server | Emotiva XDA-2 DAC | Logitech Touch SB | Samsung PN58B860 Plasma TV
post #31985 of 31987 Old Today, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I was at Axpona and have the opposite reaction with the Golden Ear. In the Mac room the Tritons were very bright. Maybe it was the music they were playing but both my wife and myself couldnt listen to more then a couple songs. That room was in fact the only room where we wanted to leave. With the great reviews I figured it was music or show conditions but if you say they sounded great in that room then forget them they would not be for me.

There was a lot of great equipment at the show and I highly recommend going if you have the chance.

Focal 1038BE Focal CC1008BE Paradigm Sub 1 Focal 1008BE for rear speakers Paradigm Millenia LPv2 surrounds Martin Logan Depth i Marantz AV8801 Parasound A21, Parasound A31 Sony Hap-Z1ES
post #31986 of 31987 Old Today, 09:08 AM

some of it arrived today !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55cc.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	691306   Click image for larger version

Name:	85f.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	691314  
post #31987 of 31987 Old Today, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparjoe View Post
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I showed my wife the studio line and prestige line in december. She preferred
the prestige line, she is all about "the bling"
this is her bathroom ...
lol

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Anthem MCA 50 Oppo BDP-103, PS3
OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems