Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1079 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 449Likes
post #32341 of 32346 Old 08-15-2015, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeshanok View Post
Could it be that rather than clarity you experienced, it was more like the sound was brighter and forward which some can mistaken for clarity and the Prestige's sound had more fullness, warm side of neutral, and slightly laid back which could be mistaken as lacking clarity.

However, system synergy, room layout, and speaker positioning plays a big part in how the speakers sound.
no but everyone has a different listening taste, what heard good is not good to other. its different story on sound. base on the clarity of the music and over all listening. what i heard studio is my choice. that's my thoughts. evryone has their own thought. for you prestige is much better that your thought, will not interfere your choice. im happy on my studio v5 system. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32342 of 32346 Old 08-15-2015, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
Dam that's a gorgeous speaker. The 590 is just too small in comparison.

Edit: Dam it, even the 590 would still be too high. SOAB
hi, nice system, but it look they are close together, the power amp need more space for ventilation. my power amp has 4 inch more for ventalating. well thanks
post #32343 of 32346 Old 08-22-2015, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 30
How do the Millennia ADP compare the 590's? I have Studio 100's(v3) and CC-690 upfront. Currently running Studio 40's(v3) in rear. Because of the size of room and placement I'm thinking a pair of ADP's would be a better fit. 40's are just to close to seating area. 590 ADP's I can get for about $1k, Millennia for $800. Figure the Studio 40's are worth $800 with the J series stands they are on. Thanks for you feedback.
post #32344 of 32346 Old 08-22-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Just a heads-up to anyone looking for an entry level Paradigm sub: my PDR-80 is listed in the classifieds.
post #32345 of 32346 Old Today, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Better front upgrade value? Monitor 7 v6 for $200 or Monitor 9 v6 for $550 + $1

I have a 5.1 system with Titans v6 up front, Center 3 v7, Mini Monitors v7 in rear. Also a Hsu Research VTF-3 MK5 HP—15” sub w/ Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 receiver.

I’m looking to upgrade the fronts, primarily to improve music quality and soundstage.

I found the two options listed above:
Monitor 7 v6 for $200 and local pickup
Monitor 9 v6 for $650 and shipping

I’m inclined to go with the cheaper option—the Monitor 7--to minimize overall spend (wife) and they're so cheap I figure I can't go wrong; could always resell. Plus, I'm thinking the sub should cover any difference in the lows.

What do you think? Is there enough of a difference between the 7 and 9 that it justifies the difference in price? Will the Monitor 7 be that much better from the Titans?

Any immediate input appreciated as I have the chance to pick them up today.

Alternatively, both these options for the front would be v6 along w/ a Center 3 v7. Is there enough of a difference between v6 and v7 that I should hold out to find v7 towers? I’m considering these now b/c they both seem like good deals.

Use: about 60/40 music / home theater
Me: I like good sound and appreciate good sound quality in general terms. I’m not an audiophile and can’t distinguish subtle differences easily.

Many thanks.
post #32346 of 32346 Unread Today, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
There are some sweet Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v5 speakers in the classifieds if anyone is looking to upgrade for a big cut in price! Accompanied by a cc-690 as well if anyone is interested!

These have been some wonderful speakers, and whether your looking to buy now or later, I would certainly consider them. Very smooth sound. Careful on first impressions if you hear some that are relatively new, I must say after a while of listening, the sound becomes much better. Difficult to verbalize how speakers sound, isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems