Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1089 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #32641 of 32643 Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Placing CC690 Center Speaker in Cabinet

I just got a CC690 center speaker and was wanting to place it inside an enclosed cabinet with just the front open. I noticed that this speaker has two ports on the rear. How would placing in a cabinet effect the sound? Any insight would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
post #32642 of 32643 Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I have the MilleniaOne and the 15B in my house at the moment. I think the MilleniaOnes are one of the best sounding small speakers in their price range. They measure excellent and have an excellent off axis response. I have measured the 15B and while they do not measure quite as good as the MilleniaOne they still measure very well. I have also compared them side by side with family members as the MilleniaOne is in my house all the time and other speakers come and go for me to test. I am currently using the 15B in my make shift theater while I still have more construction to do until the theater is complete.

With that being said I would take the 15Bs over my MilleniaOne in a minute. The dynamics alone is worth the difference, you will have a little more forward midrange with the Prestige. You won't lose any clarity. I like the Prestige 15B better than the Studio 20 but the Sigs are still a step up. The Sig S1 was one of my all time favorite speakers but unfortunately they discontinued it. I would pay 50% more for it but twice the price for the S2 is a tougher choice. If you like to play loud it is worth the extra money as it can play about 5db louder.
post #32643 of 32643 Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Originally Posted by Ellebob View Post
I am not 100% sure but I believe when you order online it is sent to a dealer and delivered by them if there is one in that area. I think there are some exceptions though, I think the headphones are direct to customer. Again, I am not 100% sure on how that works.
After the order is placed a call goes out to dealers within a radius letting them know an order has been made. Over the course of 24 hours the radius increases incrementally. Any dealer within a radius who has the item in stock can choose to fulfill it, the majority of orders are filled by dealers. The system is handled by a company called Shopatron.
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

Paradigm , Speaker Systems