Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1106 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 567Likes

post #33151 of 33153 Old Today, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I would love to audition them first unfortunately they would be a special order just for me so I won't get the chance. I have to go by the reviews that are out there and so far they seem to be mostly positive. I would definitely get the midnight cherry finish, it looks pretty damn good in pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33152 of 33153 Old Today, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchaser View Post
I would love to audition them first unfortunately they would be a special order just for me so I won't get the chance. I have to go by the reviews that are out there and so far they seem to be mostly positive. I would definitely get the midnight cherry finish, it looks pretty damn good in pics.
I would NEVER buy a speaker without hearing it first. Especially with the price tag attached to these......
Reviews are subjective. How do you know that the reviewers have the same preferences that you do?
Considering what the competition offers that this price range, auditions are a must. Even if it means a road trip.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
post #33153 of 33153 Old Today, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritiumglo View Post
Prestige cabinets cost less to build.
Crossover design is 2.5 way which has led to some complaints of bass overlap.
I am also not convinced they are superior to the Studio line.
I agree with your opinion on not liking the Prestige line as well as the Studio line. I lost a pair of Studio 100's in a fire, and when shopping for replacements I didn't like the Prestige tweeter at all. My wife had the same reaction when auditioning them. We went with Signature S6s as replacements and they are wonderful. Paired with an SVS SB Ultra 13 and hooked up to a new Parasound Integrated, they sound amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems