Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1107 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 577Likes

post #33181 of 33186 Old Today, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchaser View Post
I completely agree however due to my situation (I can only order from this specific dealer) I am stuck with Paradigms, Yamahas, Sonys, or Klipsch... Of those the only speakers I would consider are from Paradigm .
If I were stuck with these choices I would be seeking Tribute. Similar price to prestige and a much better speaker.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33182 of 33186 Old Today, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
If I end up with Prestiges, I'm running "in the nude". They do look stunning without the grilles - it's what first attracted me to them as soon as I played eyes on them.
There is one thing I thought was strange about the grille. On the 95F, if you wish to have the tweeter exposed but keep the grille ON, it magnetically clamps to cover the bottom 1/2 inch of the tweeter. Has anyone else seen this on the 95F? On Paradigm's website no part of the tweeter is covered in the images. The salesperson I worked with thought the grilles for the L/R speakers might have gotten mixed up, but he couldn't find the matching second grille.

I couldn't imagine that this would be the issue. Any 95F owners out there?
post #33183 of 33186 Old Today, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcinnamon View Post
Is there an appreciable difference between the CI Home vs the Pros? They are gonna be ceilings and surrounds so most of my money is going into the front 3.

Basically, are the home junk? If they are not assembled in Canada where are they assembled?
Thoughts?
Also, is there an appreciable difference between the Prestige 75's and the monitor 11's. I'm looking for a cleaner clearer sound.
post #33184 of 33186 Old Today, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Have Studio 60v4s and cc690.

What speaker models would go best with those as follows:

1. Atmos up-firing for top of studio 60s
2. In-ceiling height speakers
3. L/R surrounds (on-wall, not in-wall)
4. In-ceiling rear surrounds

Looking to complete an Atmos setup
post #33185 of 33186 Old Today, 09:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2766 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittler27 View Post
Have Studio 60v4s and cc690.

What speaker models would go best with those as follows:

1. Atmos up-firing for top of studio 60s
2. In-ceiling height speakers
3. L/R surrounds (on-wall, not in-wall)
4. In-ceiling rear surrounds

Looking to complete an Atmos setup
In or on ceiling overheads for Atmos would give you superior 3D envelopment. Side and rear surrounds just above head level while seated. Look for monopoles, or if you have to, bipoles, but not dipoles.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #33186 of 33186 Old Today, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousWarrior View Post
There is one thing I thought was strange about the grille. On the 95F, if you wish to have the tweeter exposed but keep the grille ON, it magnetically clamps to cover the bottom 1/2 inch of the tweeter. Has anyone else seen this on the 95F? On Paradigm's website no part of the tweeter is covered in the images. The salesperson I worked with thought the grilles for the L/R speakers might have gotten mixed up, but he couldn't find the matching second grille.
That doesn't sound right. I wouldn't think left or right would matter, but maybe it's upside down if only half the tweeter is exposed? You're right - on the Paradigm website it clearly demonstrates a fully revealed tweeter. My dealer doesn't have the 95, but on the 85 I noticed that tweeter exposed vs. tweeter covered I had to flip the grille 180 degrees on the vertical for the magnets to line up. Thought this was a bit odd.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems