Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 588Likes

post #33211 of 33215 Old Today, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Thanks Its not for me, but I know someone looking for a pair. I think they are the best cabinetry from Paradigm.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous too, notice how they look black, but under direct light, all the detail just pops, and they still have the sexy curves from the Studios, but with the P-Be tweeter and newer drivers

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	1251593

2 Channel setup -> Paradigm Tributes + Anthem Statement M1 amps + Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 + STP-SE preamp
7.2.4 Atmos HT -> Paradigm Studio 100s- Fronts, + Studio CC-690 - Center + Studio 20s Surround +
Rear Surround + dual Studio Sub 12s + four AMS-150R-30 (Atmos overhead)
Pre/Pro - Yamaha CX-A5100, AMP - Yamaha MX-A5000
Projector: Panasonic PT-AE8000U, Screen: Seymour F100 2.35:1 TV: Samsung UNDF658000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33212 of 33215 Old Today, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need replacement for Paradigm Monitor 5 v2's

My home, when I purchased it in 2007, came with a nicely appointed 7.1 home theater setup with Paradigm speakers. Recently, I've noticed that something wrong with the sound while listening to 2 channel audio. It turns out the tweeters are out in both of my front speakers the monitor 5 v2's! I've spoken to Paradigm parts, and they say that those parts are out of stock, likely to not be replaced.

Can anyone recommend worthy replacements for these speakers (Paradigm or not) that would work well with my CC370 v2 center channel? I'd prefer bookshelf speakers about the same size (21x8x11) to work with my current cabinets.

Also, if you know what aftermarket tweeters could work well with these, I'd be willing to give them a try.

Thanks!
post #33213 of 33215 Old Today, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Thanks Its not for me, but I know someone looking for a pair. I think they are the best cabinetry from Paradigm.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous too, notice how they look black, but under direct light, all the detail just pops, and they still have the sexy curves from the Studios, but with the P-Be tweeter and newer drivers

Attachment 1251593
If my company have bonuses I would buy one of those pairs!
post #33214 of 33215 Old Today, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This might be a dumb question but I currently have def techs 8040st and 8040hd for center along with their in wall speakers. My ? Is, how would the new prestige sound 95 or 85 with 55c sound compared to the def techs? I know this is subjective and I would need to hear for myself but curious if anyone switched from def tech to paradigm. I do feel like the def techs are missing something. These would go into my dedicated home theater. 90% movies

Thank you
post #33215 of 33215 Old Today, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post

Attachment 1251593
Yes I'm familiar with them. They are very nice speakers and due to their limited production very sought after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems