Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 903Likes

Old 02-19-2017, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So it's going to cost $625 to replace the S2 V3 tweeter, and I spend only $750 for the pair. Total cost is going to be $1375 for a fully functional pair. So it comes down whether or not I will replace the tweeter, and if not I'll just sell the pair as is get myself something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2017, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
I went to listen to the new Persona and my jaw dropped!

The speakers disappear and the artists appear right in front of you like a private concert in the room with you!

http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/

I heard the http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/...del=persona-3f

and the http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/...odel=persona-b

I heard the 7Fs a few weeks ago. I had a similar reaction. Truly amazing midrange clarity.

It took about a week for the sound to disappear from my memory so I could enjoy my S6s again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Scarriere likes this.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
I went to listen to the new Persona and my jaw dropped!

The speakers disappear and the artists appear right in front of you like a private concert in the room with you!

http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/

I heard the http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/...del=persona-3f

and the http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/...odel=persona-b

How do the Persona B sound like? Best bookshelf speaker you ever heard? How does it compare to the larger 3F in sound quality besides the bass?

Old 02-20-2017, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Hello everyone,

Happy for all the Paradigm Studio and higher level speaker owners here...but they are not within my budget.

Is it considered going from Monitor 9-v.5 to Monitor 11-series 7 a lateral move and not an upgrade?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2017, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
Hello everyone,

Happy for all the Paradigm Studio and higher level speaker owners here...but they are not within my budget.

Is it considered going from Monitor 9-v.5 to Monitor 11-series 7 a lateral move and not an upgrade?

Thanks
I started out with the Monitor Series v5. I will answer your question
With another question. Do you have a 'nice' subwoofer???
If you do, in my opinion it would be a lateral move. If you don't
Have a good sub or can't use a good sub then it 'might' be a
Good upgrade but not night and day.

My opinion.
Scarriere likes this.

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
Old 02-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
I started out with the Monitor Series v5. I will answer your question
With another question. Do you have a 'nice' subwoofer???
If you do, in my opinion it would be a lateral move. If you don't
Have a good sub or can't use a good sub then it 'might' be a
Good upgrade but not night and day.

My opinion.
Thanks grasshoppers for your response. In answer to your question, I have a Seismic 10 subwoofer and if it makes any difference a CC-390 v.6 for my center channel speaker.

Here in Canada I see that the monitor 11 speakers come way down in price around Christmas/Boxing day and go way back up afterwards. Trying to see if its worth it saving up for them or not for next Christmas. Sales in Canada, especially for electronics is hard to come by. Its not like the United States pricing structure where there is more flexibility.

Thanks

Last edited by Edllguy; 02-20-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Thanks grasshoppers for your response. In answer to your question, I have a Seismic 10 subwoofer and if it makes any difference a CC-390 v.6 for my center channel speaker.

Here in Canada I see that the monitor 11 speakers come way down in price around Christmas/Boxing day and go way back up afterwards. Trying to see if its worth it saving up for them or not for next Christmas. Sales in Canada, especially for electronics is hard to come by. Its not like the United States pricing structure where there is more flexibility.

Thanks
I'm not sure that it is all that different. I just heard the paradigm speakers last week and really liked them (over several other well regarded lines). The monitor 11's are under consideration for me if I decide not to spend on the Prestige line.. However, the interest is not strong enough to pay the difference between current prices and the holiday prices. I'm content to wait. I can never make myself pay "X" dollars for something when I know that has been sold for "X- Y" dollars.My wife insists that I am "cheap" or a "tightwad". I much prefer the term 'frugal". Or even "prudent".Meanwhile, I have several other speakers I want to hear as well during the interval..
Old 02-20-2017, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:

Thanks
Yeah, the Seismic 10 is a great little sub. If you are crossing over
Your 9's at 60hz or 80hz I think it would be more of a lateral move.
The only exception would be if your listening area is very large
And/or if you are sitting pretty far away from the front speakers.
Then, the increased output of the 11's *might* be beneficial.

By the way nice center channel speaker too.
Edllguy and Scarriere like this.

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
Old 02-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
How do the Persona B sound like? Best bookshelf speaker you ever heard? How does it compare to the larger 3F in sound quality besides the bass?
The B are absolutely unreal.

They're very unique in that the mid-woofer seems to be more focused on doing the midrange job well, and they didn't give it too much low bass. It cuts off around 60hz. Perfect for use with a good sub and crossing over around 80hz-100hz. They sound amazing without, but definitely something that is a world beater with a good sub.

So impressed with these speakers.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
So it's going to cost $625 to replace the S2 V3 tweeter, and I spend only $750 for the pair. Total cost is going to be $1375 for a fully functional pair. So it comes down whether or not I will replace the tweeter, and if not I'll just sell the pair as is get myself something else.
Wow, they've sure gone up in price, probably because the signature line is discontinued so parts are going to be scarce. They were around $400 each for the v3 series.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeshanok View Post
Wow, they've sure gone up in price, probably because the signature line is discontinued so parts are going to be scarce. They were around $400 each for the v3 series.
Yeah, that's why I decided to sell the pair the as is. It's not worth the updgrade over the Studios, IMO. It is a little better in terms of accuracy and having a complete neutral sound, but the Studios sounded better to me. The midrange didn't sounded as clear as my Studios 10, is it maybe because of the better bass response and larger driver or just designed to sound much flat/neutral? Anyway, bass is really good though.

I'm selling the pair as is, and if anybody is interested let me know.

Last edited by Julio Castrejon; 02-21-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 137
External amp for zone 2

I have a pair of SE-1's in my second zone that I use strictly for two channel listening. I tend to drive them hard at times and recent blew my bass/midrange driver. Outside of the obvious (Stop pushing them so hard), does anyone here think an external amp with more power would help? Currently my Yamaha 2010 drives them. It is rated at 140w two channels driven. Obviously less if other channels are being driven but I can't find the specs on that. Speakers are rated at 15w -120w.
If you think an external would help, I'm looking for recommendations and my range is less than $600. Any suggestions? I'll also post this on the Yamaha site? Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.

Yamaha 2010
Oppo 103D,ATV3,PS3, Samsung UN60ES7100F, Bluesound Vault 2 and Pulse Mini, Harmony One, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's. B&W P5
Zone2-Paradigm SE-1's, Zone3-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

I sold the S2 V3 speakers, and took a loss of about $360! I really think I should have kept them, but I would have spend nearly $1500 for them with the fixed tweeter. At least I got about $1100 back in my pocket. There goes a wonderful pair of speakers anyway. I'm still really happy with my Studios 10 V5 which they sound phenomenal anyway especially when it's power by an Anthem MRX 510 and bi-amp.
mdanderson likes this.
Old Today, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
I have a pair of SE-1's in my second zone that I use strictly for two channel listening. I tend to drive them hard at times and recent blew my bass/midrange driver. Outside of the obvious (Stop pushing them so hard), does anyone here think an external amp with more power would help? Currently my Yamaha 2010 drives them. It is rated at 140w two channels driven. Obviously less if other channels are being driven but I can't find the specs on that. Speakers are rated at 15w -120w.
If you think an external would help, I'm looking for recommendations and my range is less than $600. Any suggestions? I'll also post this on the Yamaha site? Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.
I was always led to believe that overpowering speakers would blow the woofers and underpowering would blow the tweeters. Maybe something was wrong with the drivers or maybe there was a surge.
Old Today, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelwright View Post
I was always led to believe that overpowering speakers would blow the woofers and underpowering would blow the tweeters. Maybe something was wrong with the drivers or maybe there was a surge.
You're right about the tweeters, but I'm not certain about the midrange/drivers. Any way, I've up the budget(as always) and I'm now looking at a Parasound New Classic 2125. I still want to add the amp.

Yamaha 2010
Oppo 103D,ATV3,PS3, Samsung UN60ES7100F, Bluesound Vault 2 and Pulse Mini, Harmony One, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's. B&W P5
Zone2-Paradigm SE-1's, Zone3-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems