Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1149 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 928Likes

Old 04-07-2017, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
All,

One more question concerning surrounds... Is it better to use 4 25s surrounds or Pardaigms in walls speakers for surrounds? Rears and sides?

FYI, this is a dedicated movie room. Thank you
I'm using (4) 15B's for surround, but I was more focused on getting the best sound in a narrowly focused area. I didn't want the sound dispersed as much.

As far as comparing the 25s to in-wall speakers, it would depend on which in-wall speakers you went with. I would probably go with these in-wall speakers over the 25s:

https://www.paradigm.com/products-cu...-iw/page=specs

The frequency response looks better to me with those than the 25s. I could be wrong, but I think you generally get more "bang for your buck" with in-wall or in-ceiling speakers because you basically aren't paying for the cabinetry that you would pay for with traditional speakers. In-wall or in-ceiling speakers obviously have less flexibility with placement though. I'm not an expert, but that would be my rational behind choosing between those two.

7.2.4 Setup | Display: Panasonic TC-P65VT50 plasma | Blu-ray: Oppo UDP-203 | Processor: Anthem AVM60 | Amps: Outlaw 7700, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 | Speakers: Paradigm Prestige (2) 95F's, 55C, (4) 15B's, (4) CI-Elite E65-R (Atmos) | Subs: (2) Rythmik F25's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2017, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapidlittle View Post
Thanks, you are saying that any Paradigm would not match perfectly my Studios, can I go with any brand of speakers? If so any suggestions? Paradigm are very expensive only to use them as Atmos speakers...
They are expensive to use as Atmos only speakers, which is why I didn't. I don't think it is necessary at all. A good quality speaker will blend nicely. I'm very pleased with my DefTechs. As you can see from my signature, my mains, sides, and ceilings are all "mis-matched" - they sound great, as they are all quality speakers with similar characteristics. Critical is matching your LCR. Ideally, you'd match across the board, but for in-ceilings I have not been disappointed by not using Paradigms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontside720 View Post
Had a delivery this morning. I guess I can officially start posting in this thread.

Can't wait to have these installed in my theatre. It's going to be a long day at the office.
Sweeeeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
Just received my 2 95f and 55c. WOW are these speakers heavy. Since I'm moving to a new theater I'm leaving my in ceiling and in wall speakers. I want to go all Paradigm which atmos should I buy? Looking at 8" round also need suggestions on sides and rears. New theater is 16 x 16 x 8.5 Thank you
Technically, the Elites are the proper match for the Prestige line. You'd be fine with the smaller speakers for Atmos, but the 8" is fine too. Different lines of thinking exist on this as to what size is most appropriate for in-ceilings serving Atmos duty.

5.1.4 System....Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60; Power Distribution: Panamax M5400-PM;
Mains:
Paradigm 85F and 55C (Piano Black); Side Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III (Dusk); Amplification: D-Sonic M3-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w);
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofer:
SVS-SB13Ultra; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Sony BDP S-470, Pioneer CLD-59
Old 04-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
8 years ago my journey with Paradigm began with a Monitor set
Up. The Monitor 11 towers, cc190, and mini-Monitor surrounds.
Sold them to get my Sigs. I am a proud owner of 14 Paradigm
Speakers. No desire to get any others either.
(Well I would like a pair of the Sig 4's with Be tweeter.
wow..those signature look really good! Only 14 speakers? :-)
I just visited the Paradigm website (bad idea!) and I saw the Persona collection in white! wow...too bad white won't go with my decor!
I'm fine for now...thanks
E

Samsung UN65KS8000 SUHD Quantum Dot LED 4K TV
Samsung UHD 4K player UBD-K8500 & OPPO 103D-
Marantz SR7008 with Paradigm speakers: Monitor 7 v.6 for fronts, CC-390 v.6centre, Micros v.4 for surrounds and Height speakers. SVS- PC12 NSD sub.
Vintage TASCAM 112 MKII tape deck and iLuv 9200 vertical CD/ipod player.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeoblu View Post
wow..those signature look really good! Only 14 speakers? :-)
I just visited the Paradigm website (bad idea!) and I saw the Persona collection in white! wow...too bad white won't go with my decor!
I'm fine for now...thanks
E
It seems like a lot....5.2 in living room (the Sigs) 5.2 in the
Master bedroom (Studio 40,SE center,SE1 surrounds)
Stylus 470 pair outdoor patio, and 2 subs (dsp-3200,UltraCube 10)

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
Old 04-07-2017, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecow003 View Post
I'm using (4) 15B's for surround, but I was more focused on getting the best sound in a narrowly focused area. I didn't want the sound dispersed as much.

As far as comparing the 25s to in-wall speakers, it would depend on which in-wall speakers you went with. I would probably go with these in-wall speakers over the 25s:

https://www.paradigm.com/products-cu...-iw/page=specs

The frequency response looks better to me with those than the 25s. I could be wrong, but I think you generally get more "bang for your buck" with in-wall or in-ceiling speakers because you basically aren't paying for the cabinetry that you would pay for with traditional speakers. In-wall or in-ceiling speakers obviously have less flexibility with placement though. I'm not an expert, but that would be my rational behind choosing between those two.
Thanks, This is what i was looking for, thanks,... I've ordered the Elite in wall 8" for atmos and will go with the others (link above) for rear and sides and call it a day. Thanks again..

My equipment:
JVC RS620Anthem MRX 1120,Kaleidescape Strato,Apple TV 4,oppo 203, Roku Ultra, paradigm 95f , 55c , svs sb16 ultra
Current Setup 7.2.4 Atmos
Old 04-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeoblu View Post
Thanks grasshoppers. I built this midrange HT system over a few years and it really is a nice one-I can see that some members here have amazing ultra expensive equipment but I built mine one component at a time. The latest addition was a Samsung 65" KS8000 4k TV and I enjoy my HT a lot. About the Paradigm CC390 v.6 I guess it was one of the best centres from Paradigm- I'm in Canada so I get more access to this brand but lately the prices have increased quite a bit or maybe I try to be more careful with my money...! hmm...in any case I think I will just keep enjoying the system as is and if something breaks then re-evaluate. Maybe by the time I buy a new house-in this overheated real estate market it will be a while!
thanks for the response-I love my Paradigm speakers!
That's a really nice setup. As you can see from my signature, I'm a Monitor V6 guy like yourself. I love my theater setup and it will be a while before I really feel the need to upgrade. As for my 2nd zone the SE-1's are great for two channel listening, but I would possibly upgrade them before my monitors. Mainly because I would only have to replace two speakers.
As far as ultra expensive, if I had the money, who knows what I might have. Money is what usually limits most of us.

Yamaha 2010
Oppo 103D,ATV3,PS3, Samsung UN60ES7100F, Bluesound Vault 2 and Pulse Mini, Harmony One, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's. B&W P5
Zone2-Paradigm SE-1's, Zone3-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Old 04-08-2017, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Anyone have any insight if the Paradigm CC-690 was a popular speaker? I've been looking for one in piano black and they seem to never show up for sale. I have a CC-490 and would expect a significant improvement in sound quality.
Any ideas?
dean122601 likes this.

Paradigm Signature S2 - Front L&R - Studio 20 - Surround L&R - CC-490 - Center
REL R-528 (front) / REL T-9 (2 ea surrounds)
Anthem A5 & Integra 50.3 (used as a preamp)
Oppo BDP-103 - Blu Ray
TEAC X2000R tape rec/player
Audioquest Interconnects, King Cobra & Red River
Old 04-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldschool View Post
Anyone have any insight if the Paradigm CC-690 was a popular speaker? I've been looking for one in piano black and they seem to never show up for sale. I have a CC-490 and would expect a significant improvement in sound quality.
Any ideas?
Yes, it was and probably still is a very popular speaker. Especially when you're looking for a particular finish. That center was/is in great demand on this thread and the used audio market. With the prestige line out, I'm sure one will pop up at some point, just keep looking. That's how I got my CC-390, which was a much wanted center in the monitor line. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone.

I just own a old paradigm monitor 7 v2. in excellent condition. I already own these speaker 15 years ago, that's why I buy these agains for a good price.

My question is this. These 2 speakers are with a cc350 v2 for center and 2xADP 370 (more recent) for surround. I need to buy another surround receiver and I really like NAD product.

I can buy a NAD t748 v2 for a good price but not sure because of the 40 watts x 5 of the NAD. I know NAD made a really good amp, so probably it's ok but I just like to confirm with some more technical guys over here.

I alsoalready have a old prologic NAD 713 with also 40 watts. Could I plug these speaker too in the meantime ?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-09-2017, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 718
What's your budget? The standard T758 (I have one) is going cheaper now since the announcement of the T758v3 that adds the 4K video, 4 more audio pre-outs for Atmos and BlueOS capability. The T748v2 can work, though it depends how big your room is and how loud you like to know if it's going to be enough. The T758 can be upgraded with VM130 and AM230 modules, the T748v2 cannot. If 4k video is in your future and/or you might like to add streaming music with fantastic control (and full MQA decoding), look to the T758 if possible.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Sumiko Pearl, Bluesound Vault2, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:53 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
What's your budget? The standard T758 (I have one) is going cheaper now since the announcement of the T758v3 that adds the 4K video, 4 more audio pre-outs for Atmos and BlueOS capability. The T748v2 can work, though it depends how big your room is and how loud you like to know if it's going to be enough. The T758 can be upgraded with VM130 and AM230 modules, the T748v2 cannot. If 4k video is in your future and/or you might like to add streaming music with fantastic control (and full MQA decoding), look to the T758 if possible.
My room size is about 12 x 28 in the basement. My budget is 750. My requirement is movie in 1080p since a have a good projector. Since 4k projector is not cheap for long time. I dont inspect to change it. I don't know if it matter bit i usually not listen too lound. Only when everybidy are watching movie.

So again my concern is also is 100watts paradigm can be a good natch with a 40 watts receiver . Nad 713 or nad 748 v2. Nad 758 look good too but do i really need it ?
Old 04-12-2017, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsta View Post
Okay, so I went in ready to pickup blems/B-Stock 85F's and walked away with blems/B-Stock 95F's. These things are spanking brand new. Packaging is first rate with all the accessories, cloth that covers the speakers, gloves, double boxed, etc, etc. And the finish absolutely gorgeous and I cannot find a single issue - maybe the shade is a tad darker than my A-Stock 45C but they all look SEXY either way. No issues...knock on wood....all hooked up and ARC calibrate on my AVM60 with two Sub 15's rocking down the house. I was so worried about taking these bad boys home but could not be happier having unboxed them and seeing them - first rate product even if they are tagged as Blems - they were manufactured Sep 2016 if that means anything. And they smell new which I'm sure they are. So happy, thanks ALL. Will let you know how it goes.
It is great to know that you made out well with them. Perhaps I'll ask my dealer if they have an blem stock when I get rear/side speakers.

My HT and the thrill of getting new equipment.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Paradig Persona 3F received five star reviews recently. http://hometheaterreview.com/paradig...aker-reviewed/
I had the chance of getting a pair of one-month new 3F mint condition for $5800 shipped. But I worried about shipping, payment etc ... now I keep hating myself everyday
I have S2 paird with svs sb subs. How much surprise and additional pleasure would the 3F bring to me? Seller was 1000 miles away and I was thinking picking them up in person but I didin't ...
Old 04-14-2017, 03:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by atx2014 View Post
Paradig Persona 3F received five star reviews recently. http://hometheaterreview.com/paradig...aker-reviewed/
I had the chance of getting a pair of one-month new 3F mint condition for $5800 shipped. But I worried about shipping, payment etc ... now I keep hating myself everyday
I have S2 paird with svs sb subs. How much surprise and additional pleasure would the 3F bring to me? Seller was 1000 miles away and I was thinking picking them up in person but I didin't ...
Have you auditioned the 3F? I have.

Yes, you should hate yourself. How much? Just shy of hurting yourself.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Sumiko Pearl, Bluesound Vault2, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer.

Last edited by KenM10759; 04-14-2017 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:

oh no. no no no I haven't. need some travel to audition them. I'll text the seller now and see if they're still available. I doubt.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:51 PM

Liked: 0
I have the 15b, 75F, 85F, and the 3F. You can definitely hear the difference in quality as one moves up the line.

I heard the 95F too. But I don't think it is better than the 85F when matched with a sub woofer. Without a sub woofer, then the 95F is better than the 85F.

The 3F is in a classs by itself. You can really drive it hard without any distortion.

My 2 cents..
Old 04-17-2017, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmon View Post

The 3F is in a classs by itself. You can really drive it hard without any distortion.
Though they will not carry the Persona line, my sales guy at the local dealer has listened to at least the bookshelf, and he said it simply BLOWS AWAY everything else they have, and should actually be selling for more than the MSRP.

5.1.4 System....Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60; Power Distribution: Panamax M5400-PM;
Mains:
Paradigm 85F and 55C (Piano Black); Side Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III (Dusk); Amplification: D-Sonic M3-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w);
ATMOS:
Subwoofer:
Old 04-17-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
Though they will not carry the Persona line, my sales guy at the local dealer has listened to at least the bookshelf, and he said it simply BLOWS AWAY everything else they have, and should actually be selling for more than the MSRP.
Sounds like Paradigm reviews of old (blows away speakers costing much more), and I would have to say that that is a Paradigm hallmark - value for your $$$.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
seemes like I need to get a pair ... but i'll drive to houston to audition first
Old 04-18-2017, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiyosaya View Post
Sounds like Paradigm reviews of old (blows away speakers costing much more), and I would have to say that that is a Paradigm hallmark - value for your $$$.
Except in this case, they blow away speakers costing a lot less (or at least a little bit less....) - I think these'd be the priciest speakers my local dealer would carry, if they did! And where I live, people are swimming in money (just not me.....) so I really think these could sell in this area.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofer:
Old 04-19-2017, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonColeman View Post
Anybody have experience replacing/repairing drivers with Paradigm? I have a non-working midrange in one of my Studio 100 v5's and am starting to explore my options. Thanks in advance!
You will never get telephone customer service anywhere like at Paradigm, their transcription software reads your voice with fuzzy logic form completion, you barely gave them your name and start the street address, the reps are already reading you back the zip. Ordering parts from them is a breeze.
bmcn likes this.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldschool View Post
Anyone have any insight if the Paradigm CC-690 was a popular speaker? I've been looking for one in PIANO BLACK and they seem to never show up for sale. I have a CC-490 and would expect a significant improvement in sound quality.
Any ideas?
It amazes me that I can't find one of these in piano black. There was one for sale in Ohio on flee bay with a "Buy it Now". I offered his full asking price shipped to CA and while we were figuring out the logistics, he sold it to someone else without any notice. Now I'm back to the drawing board. If anyone happens to see one for sale, please PM me as I am actively looking.

Paradigm Signature S2 - Front L&R - Studio 20 - Surround L&R - CC-490 - Center
REL R-528 (front) / REL T-9 (2 ea surrounds)
Anthem A5 & Integra 50.3 (used as a preamp)
Oppo BDP-103 - Blu Ray
TEAC X2000R tape rec/player
Audioquest Interconnects, King Cobra & Red River
Old 04-20-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule View Post
You will never get telephone customer service anywhere like at Paradigm, their transcription software reads your voice with fuzzy logic form completion, you barely gave them your name and start the street address, the reps are already reading you back the zip. Ordering parts from them is a breeze.
Absolutely! I have a friend who bought S8's via audiogone. They arrived trashed but covered by shipping insurance. Paradigm was more than happy to accommodate him - drivers and cabinets!

Old 04-25-2017, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiyosaya View Post
Absolutely! I have a friend who bought S8's via audiogone. They arrived trashed but covered by shipping insurance. Paradigm was more than happy to accommodate him - drivers and cabinets!
I'll partially agree with this - the tech support staff are great and do their best, but once it leaves their area, all bets are off:

1) almost 4 weeks from receipt of returned driver to credit [tech support finally found out status after accounting never answered their phone or responded to left messages]

2) Going on 6 weeks now for Millenia 20 brackets that don't fit and arrived incomplete. First I was told it was "a snug fit" [this was what tech support was told by Parts Dept]. When I pointed out that the pictures I sent included photos with a ruler [in cm!] showing that the bracket head was physically larger than the speaker slot, they were to follow up. Last call last week I was told "somebody nearby in Canada" was reporting the same issue. Nothing heard from them since.

YMMV
Old Today, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
In speaking with Paradigm, the CI Elite line is the recommended one to match the Prestige. So thinking about the E-80A or E-80R for ATMOS. Am I correct in assuming the A model with "guided soundfield" is really more aiming and bouncing sounds off of walls? Any other advantages to the A model vs. R? My space is really crummy - asymmetric - so I'll be lucky if I can get the "right-hand" speaker more than 12" from the wall as recommended. It'll be tight. The "left-hand" speaker no issues with a wall.
I also went with directionals for Atmos as my HT room is a narrower gallery, but could not ingnore a great deal on the Cl Pro P-80A which are a step below the Elite. In my smaller theater to achieve 30deg. directionality I will put them just two 24x24" ceiling tiles away from the Sigs S8 and similar distance in front of the surround backs (not surrounds, as these are right next to seating position). I am matching them with two Parasound Zamp v.3 with King Cobra interconnects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems