Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1160 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1012Likes

post #34771 of 34776 Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well, I'm officially in the Paradigm Club! Went into my local dealer today to get rid of my Parasound C2 and got to talking and listening. Turns out some rich guy just traded in his 6-month old 95F's and 55C in Midnight Cherry for the Persona 9H's so he sold me the set for $4000 cash plus the C2, like new in original boxes! Add tax-free to boot :-)

SWEET! Picking them up in 2 weeks when I have time and they're already broken in. So my Amphion Argon 2's will become my surrounds.
KenM10759 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34772 of 34776 Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked: 812
Where is your dealer? Just curious because my favorite dealer was just awarded "Paradigm/Anthem Dealer of the Year 2017".

KEF R500, R200C, R100, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red, Bluesound Vault2, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer.
post #34773 of 34776 Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
So are the Pros a better match sonically to the Studios? Let's say V5? Or are the Elites a better match? I am looking at getting 4 ceiling speakers, and I want it to match as closely as possible.Thanks
I think that is a tough call, I don't think either is a great match. The discontinued SA series is what's ideal to match with Studios. I think the new in ceilings and in walls are a different design over the Studio series. The Elite and Pro both use the same tweeter which is different than the studio series. The difference between the Elite and Pro is the midrange cone. The elite uses aluminum and a larger voice coil and the Pro uses polypropylene. The studio series has both aluminum and polypropylene in its line up. If you play loud the elite might be worth the extra to get a few extra db out of it, otherwise I am not sure I would spend the difference on the Elite for its slight improvement in sound.

post #34774 of 34776 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
I was thinking of replacing my Studio 60's with either the Prestige 95f or the Persona 3F...I know they are different lines and one being the top of it's line and the other the beginning, but can someone convince me of which ones I should get ? I'd say it's 85% movies and 15% music in my case.
Well. The 3F is definitely better than the 95F. If it is within your budget, go for it. The clarity is incredible.

I found the 85F with a better sub is better than the 95F with a cheaper sub. With good sub or subs, there is no benefit with the 95F. I think you lose some clarity at the mid range with the 95F compared to the 85F. The mid range driver is probably too large. I hope this helps...
KenM10759 likes this.

Last edited by Bimmon; Yesterday at 09:24 PM.
post #34775 of 34776 Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackwack View Post
Well, I'm officially in the Paradigm Club! Went into my local dealer today to get rid of my Parasound C2 and got to talking and listening. Turns out some rich guy just traded in his 6-month old 95F's and 55C in Midnight Cherry for the Persona 9H's so he sold me the set for $4000 cash plus the C2, like new in original boxes! Add tax-free to boot :-)

SWEET! Picking them up in 2 weeks when I have time and they're already broken in. So my Amphion Argon 2's will become my surrounds.
HAHA, I think your seller had the same experience as I did, started with the prestige line, and kept going up to the 9H eventually. Except I still have the 15B , 75F and 85F to unload...

Bang for buck, I say the 3F or the 85F with a good sub is the best combo. The 9H can just get you to pain threshold without distortion... but i learned, you can't really listen at that level. Only good for showing your friends, what your system can do.
post #34776 of 34776 Old Today, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaamar1 View Post
I believe that those are pretty different designs. Different drivers materials, different crossover frequency, different enclosures.
If you want to be sure that all front speakers will sound in the same way - you need to buy new center channel.
It is sad but true.

I did buy them and they match up perfectly, so no need for the 55C

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
You should go listen to them and compare if possible directly against your studios. I for one am not convinced the 95Fs are an improvement over the Studios. The cabinets...yes, but not necessarily sonically.

As a person that can get pretty disappointed with purchases that I feel weren't worth it, I can say that this was. The Studio 60's are awesome but the 95's brought it to a new level. It's like a blanket was lifted. The imaging and clarity is amazing. I already have 15B's on the side so they match up well as well. My first test was with Blade Runner 4K and the detail had my jaw drop to the floor...still looking for it actually

JVC DLA-400RS, Elunevision 120" 2:35 Cinemascope AT screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, OPPO UDP-203, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Studio 60 v5, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page