Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1160 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1019Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #34771 of 34800 Old 09-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Well, I'm officially in the Paradigm Club! Went into my local dealer today to get rid of my Parasound C2 and got to talking and listening. Turns out some rich guy just traded in his 6-month old 95F's and 55C in Midnight Cherry for the Persona 9H's so he sold me the set for $4000 cash plus the C2, like new in original boxes! Add tax-free to boot :-)

SWEET! Picking them up in 2 weeks when I have time and they're already broken in. So my Amphion Argon 2's will become my surrounds.
outbackwack is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34772 of 34800 Old 09-19-2017, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 2,804
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1541 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Where is your dealer? Just curious because my favorite dealer was just awarded "Paradigm/Anthem Dealer of the Year 2017".

KEF R500, R200C, R100, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red, Bluesound Vault2, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer.
KenM10759 is online now  
post #34773 of 34800 Old 09-19-2017, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,986
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1228 Post(s)
Liked: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
So are the Pros a better match sonically to the Studios? Let's say V5? Or are the Elites a better match? I am looking at getting 4 ceiling speakers, and I want it to match as closely as possible.Thanks
I think that is a tough call, I don't think either is a great match. The discontinued SA series is what's ideal to match with Studios. I think the new in ceilings and in walls are a different design over the Studio series. The Elite and Pro both use the same tweeter which is different than the studio series. The difference between the Elite and Pro is the midrange cone. The elite uses aluminum and a larger voice coil and the Pro uses polypropylene. The studio series has both aluminum and polypropylene in its line up. If you play loud the elite might be worth the extra to get a few extra db out of it, otherwise I am not sure I would spend the difference on the Elite for its slight improvement in sound.
Ellebob is online now  
 
post #34774 of 34800 Old 09-19-2017, 09:13 PM
Member
 
Bimmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
I was thinking of replacing my Studio 60's with either the Prestige 95f or the Persona 3F...I know they are different lines and one being the top of it's line and the other the beginning, but can someone convince me of which ones I should get ? I'd say it's 85% movies and 15% music in my case.
Well. The 3F is definitely better than the 95F. If it is within your budget, go for it. The clarity is incredible.

I found the 85F with a better sub is better than the 95F with a cheaper sub. With good sub or subs, there is no benefit with the 95F. I think you lose some clarity at the mid range with the 95F compared to the 85F. The mid range driver is probably too large. I hope this helps...
KenM10759 likes this.

Last edited by Bimmon; 09-19-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Bimmon is offline  
post #34775 of 34800 Old 09-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Member
 
Bimmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackwack View Post
Well, I'm officially in the Paradigm Club! Went into my local dealer today to get rid of my Parasound C2 and got to talking and listening. Turns out some rich guy just traded in his 6-month old 95F's and 55C in Midnight Cherry for the Persona 9H's so he sold me the set for $4000 cash plus the C2, like new in original boxes! Add tax-free to boot :-)

SWEET! Picking them up in 2 weeks when I have time and they're already broken in. So my Amphion Argon 2's will become my surrounds.
HAHA, I think your seller had the same experience as I did, started with the prestige line, and kept going up to the 9H eventually. Except I still have the 15B , 75F and 85F to unload...

Bang for buck, I say the 3F or the 85F with a good sub is the best combo. The 9H can just get you to pain threshold without distortion... but i learned, you can't really listen at that level. Only good for showing your friends, what your system can do.
Bimmon is offline  
post #34776 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 07:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Gates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaamar1 View Post
I believe that those are pretty different designs. Different drivers materials, different crossover frequency, different enclosures.
If you want to be sure that all front speakers will sound in the same way - you need to buy new center channel.
It is sad but true.

I did buy them and they match up perfectly, so no need for the 55C

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
You should go listen to them and compare if possible directly against your studios. I for one am not convinced the 95Fs are an improvement over the Studios. The cabinets...yes, but not necessarily sonically.


As a person that can get pretty disappointed with purchases that I feel weren't worth it, I can say that this was. The Studio 60's are awesome but the 95's brought it to a new level. It's like a blanket was lifted. The imaging and clarity is amazing. I already have 15B's on the side so they match up well as well. My first test was with Blade Runner 4K and the detail had my jaw drop to the floor...still looking for it actually

JVC DLA-400RS, Elunevision 120" 2:35 Cinemascope AT screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, OPPO UDP-203, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.
Gates is offline  
post #34777 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
04rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebob View Post
I think that is a tough call, I don't think either is a great match. The discontinued SA series is what's ideal to match with Studios. I think the new in ceilings and in walls are a different design over the Studio series. The Elite and Pro both use the same tweeter which is different than the studio series. The difference between the Elite and Pro is the midrange cone. The elite uses aluminum and a larger voice coil and the Pro uses polypropylene. The studio series has both aluminum and polypropylene in its line up. If you play loud the elite might be worth the extra to get a few extra db out of it, otherwise I am not sure I would spend the difference on the Elite for its slight improvement in sound.

Yeah, I have been looking for 2 pairs of the SA series, but they seem to be hard to find and get used. So I may have to settle with the Elite or Pro. If the difference is only the cone, then I may save the money and go with the Pros. Unless I find 2 pairs of SA series of course. Thanks for the info!

FAMILY ROOM - Totem Tribe II LCR, JL Audio E-112, Anthem MRX 300, Apple TV Gen 3, WD HDTV, Panasonic 55" Plasma
BASEMENT THEATRE - Paradigm Studio 100 v.5 L/R, CC-690 v.5 C, Studio 10 v.5 x4 Surround Side and Backs, 4x DIY 15" Ultimax Subwoofers in 3.0 Cu Ft sealed boxes, Cerwin Vega CV-5000 for Subs, Anthem MRX 720, Outlaw Audio 7700, HTPC, Apple TV Gen 4, X-Box One, Harmony Ultimate Remote, Ben-Q W1070, 92" screen
04rex is online now  
post #34778 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 07:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Gates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
Yeah, I have been looking for 2 pairs of the SA series, but they seem to be hard to find and get used. So I may have to settle with the Elite or Pro. If the difference is only the cone, then I may save the money and go with the Pros. Unless I find 2 pairs of SA series of course. Thanks for the info!


"Settling" for the Elites is pretty awesome. I wouldn't call it settling. I have the E80-R and wouldn't change them for anything.
Scarriere likes this.

JVC DLA-400RS, Elunevision 120" 2:35 Cinemascope AT screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, OPPO UDP-203, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.
Gates is offline  
post #34779 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
04rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Yeah I know. What a horrible thing to have to settle for the Elite's or Pros. Lol. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. If I have to go that route then, I will just have to suck it up and deal with it I guess.

FAMILY ROOM - Totem Tribe II LCR, JL Audio E-112, Anthem MRX 300, Apple TV Gen 3, WD HDTV, Panasonic 55" Plasma
BASEMENT THEATRE - Paradigm Studio 100 v.5 L/R, CC-690 v.5 C, Studio 10 v.5 x4 Surround Side and Backs, 4x DIY 15" Ultimax Subwoofers in 3.0 Cu Ft sealed boxes, Cerwin Vega CV-5000 for Subs, Anthem MRX 720, Outlaw Audio 7700, HTPC, Apple TV Gen 4, X-Box One, Harmony Ultimate Remote, Ben-Q W1070, 92" screen
04rex is online now  
post #34780 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Senior Member
 
519audiofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Woodstock, ON
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
I was thinking of replacing my Studio 60's with either the Prestige 95f or the Persona 3F...I know they are different lines and one being the top of it's line and the other the beginning, but can someone convince me of which ones I should get ? I'd say it's 85% movies and 15% music in my case.
Since movies will be your primary use, stick with the Prestige line. You likely won't hear the difference playing movie soundtracks.

That said, I have only heard the Personas playing music and they are truly phenomenal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
519audiofan is offline  
post #34781 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Gates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 519audiofan View Post
Since movies will be your primary use, stick with the Prestige line. You likely won't hear the difference playing movie soundtracks.

That said, I have only heard the Personas playing music and they are truly phenomenal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk


I already bought the 95's but thanks for your input
dean122601 likes this.

JVC DLA-400RS, Elunevision 120" 2:35 Cinemascope AT screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, OPPO UDP-203, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.
Gates is offline  
post #34782 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
mdanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garland,Tx.
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Anyone tried Atmos enabled speakers on top of their Paradigm Studio 20sv5 speakers? Thanks.

Paradigm Studio 20v5-fronts
Paradigm Studio CC-490v5-center
Paradigm Studio 10v5- side surrounds,Monitor surround 3v7-bck surr
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6 OLED
Marantz SR-5010(as preamp) Emotiva BasX A-700amp
PSA 15S sub
mdanderson is offline  
post #34783 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 06:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmon View Post
HAHA, I think your seller had the same experience as I did, started with the prestige line, and kept going up to the 9H eventually. Except I still have the 15B , 75F and 85F to unload... Bang for buck, I say the 3F or the 85F with a good sub is the best combo. The 9H can just get you to pain threshold without distortion... but i learned, you can't really listen at that level. Only good for showing your friends, what your system can do.
Yeah, I wasn't really ready to buy but just listening. I had been researching for a while and did figure the 85F would better suit my needs since I have a SVS PB13 Ultra sub already. But for the money I bit the bullet and will hopefully be happy with the 95F's. If not... the quest continues :-) But I will never spend more than $5K for speakers even though I have the money to spend. Some can justify that but I can't. But that Prima Luna was calling my name :-)
outbackwack is online now  
post #34784 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post
Anyone tried Atmos enabled speakers on top of their Paradigm Studio 20sv5 speakers? Thanks.
Not like that, I am using a pair of 20's as Atmos speakers hung from the wall...they are great!
mdanderson likes this.

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
decibels is offline  
post #34785 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 205
I think I need to stop reading this thread for a while...reading all this talk about how amazing the new speakers is giving me an itch...I love my 100's and current setup...

Anyone upgrade from the 100's and finding it to be a wow factor?

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
decibels is offline  
post #34786 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
mdanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garland,Tx.
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
Not like that, I am using a pair of 20's as Atmos speakers hung from the wall...they are great!
Thanks for your input. I wish I could hang speakers from my wall but I live in an apt. and will have to go the Atmos enabled route.

Paradigm Studio 20v5-fronts
Paradigm Studio CC-490v5-center
Paradigm Studio 10v5- side surrounds,Monitor surround 3v7-bck surr
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6 OLED
Marantz SR-5010(as preamp) Emotiva BasX A-700amp
PSA 15S sub
mdanderson is offline  
post #34787 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 10:03 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Where does the Prestige line stand in comparison to the discontinued Studio line as far as sound quality?
All of the searching that I've done in the last several weeks hasn't located the level of enthusiasm that I expected to find.

I have an opportunity to get a new set of 85F's and a 55C from an approved dealer to replace my Studio60v3's and StudioCC v2 (actually the 60s would move to the rear to knock out some old Atom v1's), but I'm feeling reluctant to spend that kind of money.
BigBernhard is offline  
post #34788 of 34800 Old 09-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post
Thanks for your input. I wish I could hang speakers from my wall but I live in an apt. and will have to go the Atmos enabled route.
I live in a condo as well and went bought some good mounts and hung them right off the drywall. the more I looked into the modules and heard them, it was worth hanging them...I only have the front heights for atmos as I am unable to hang any behind or beside the seating area.

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
decibels is offline  
post #34789 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 05:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Gates's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBernhard View Post
Where does the Prestige line stand in comparison to the discontinued Studio line as far as sound quality?
All of the searching that I've done in the last several weeks hasn't located the level of enthusiasm that I expected to find.

I have an opportunity to get a new set of 85F's and a 55C from an approved dealer to replace my Studio60v3's and StudioCC v2 (actually the 60s would move to the rear to knock out some old Atom v1's), but I'm feeling reluctant to spend that kind of money.


If you read higher on this page, I just did that (swap 60's for 95's) and I couldn't be happier. Don't know anything about the 85f's, but the 95's are amazing, especially when I play music or SACD. They are equally amazing on movies, but I got the WOW factor on those even more. I thought of moving my 60's to the side, but my 15b's are doing an amazing job of matching with the fronts, so I don't know if I want to tinker with that I just couldn't pass up a great deal from my dealer on the 95's. He sold them to me for half the price of retail because he wanted to move them.

JVC DLA-400RS, Elunevision 120" 2:35 Cinemascope AT screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD player, OPPO UDP-203, NAD M25 amp, Anthem PVA-4, 4x Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Studio 20 v5, Paradigm Prestige 15B, Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5, Paradigm Studio Sub12 X 2, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner.
Gates is offline  
post #34790 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
mdanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garland,Tx.
Posts: 618
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I live in a condo as well and went bought some good mounts and hung them right off the drywall. the more I looked into the modules and heard them, it was worth hanging them...I only have the front heights for atmos as I am unable to hang any behind or beside the seating area.
I like the idea of the mounts but I dont think I would like the speaker wire running down the middle of the walls.

Paradigm Studio 20v5-fronts
Paradigm Studio CC-490v5-center
Paradigm Studio 10v5- side surrounds,Monitor surround 3v7-bck surr
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6 OLED
Marantz SR-5010(as preamp) Emotiva BasX A-700amp
PSA 15S sub
mdanderson is offline  
post #34791 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Senior Member
 
whitey019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I think I need to stop reading this thread for a while...reading all this talk about how amazing the new speakers is giving me an itch...I love my 100's and current setup...

Anyone upgrade from the 100's and finding it to be a wow factor?

The 100s have a dedicated mid-range driver and a full 3-way crossover, so on paper they should be better, but there is only one true way to tell and that is to go listen to the Prestige and compare them directly to the 100s. Remember...newer is not always better. What version of the 100s do you have?
whitey019 is online now  
post #34792 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
The 100s have a dedicated mid-range driver and a full 3-way crossover, so on paper they should be better, but there is only one true way to tell and that is to go listen to the Prestige and compare them directly to the 100s. Remember...newer is not always better. What version of the 100s do you have?
I have the V5's and when I upgraded from the 60's it was a nice improvement and am still loving it to be honest. You do make a great point about newer not always better...been down that road too!

I have listened to the Prestige series in the "optimal" setups of the audio shops and of course not able to do the side by side comparison. The Prestige did sound great, however could not say that they were better, same or worse

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
decibels is offline  
post #34793 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post
I like the idea of the mounts but I dont think I would like the speaker wire running down the middle of the walls.
I ran the wires behind the drywall and fished them out above the baseboards

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
decibels is offline  
post #34794 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Senior Member
 
whitey019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I have the V5's and when I upgraded from the 60's it was a nice improvement and am still loving it to be honest. You do make a great point about newer not always better...been down that road too!

I have listened to the Prestige series in the "optimal" setups of the audio shops and of course not able to do the side by side comparison. The Prestige did sound great, however could not say that they were better, same or worse

I have the v5s as well (100s, 20s, 590 with SVS Prime Satellites up top). The prestige finish looks awesome, especially the midnight cherry, but I prefer the contoured cabinets of the v5 Studios.
whitey019 is online now  
post #34795 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
I have the v5s as well (100s, 20s, 590 with SVS Prime Satellites up top). The prestige finish looks awesome, especially the midnight cherry, but I prefer the contoured cabinets of the v5 Studios.
I have a similar setup, with the 690 and 20's up top. I feel the same way about the 100's, love the look and I have the Rosenut finish.

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
decibels is offline  
post #34796 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
Member
 
jaamar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I have a similar setup, with the 690 and 20's up top. I feel the same way about the 100's, love the look and I have the Rosenut finish.
As you can see on page 1159 I have similar setup, but instead v5 I own 20v4 (I bought used one).
To be honest - those front height speakers was the best upgrade of my system from very long time.
The main usage FH speakers is DTS-X and Neutral-X mixing.
In my opinion DTS-X is much better surround system comparing to Atmos.

JVC X500, MagicScreen Future Black 100, Denon X7200W, NAD M25, HTPC, Paradigm Studio 60v4, Paradigm Studio CC690v5, Paradigm Studio 20v4, 4 x Paradigm OW Monitor 5v3, 2 x Paradigm AMS-300 v.3, 2 x Paradigm DSP3400

Last edited by jaamar1; Yesterday at 12:57 PM.
jaamar1 is offline  
post #34797 of 34800 Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaamar1 View Post
As you can see on page 1159 I have similar setup, but instead v5 I own 20v4 (I bought used one).
To be honest - those front height speakers was the best upgrade of my system from very long time.
The main usage of this speaker is DTS-X and Neutral-X mixing.
In my opinion DTS-X is much better surround system comparing to Atmos.
That is a sweet setup indeed, well done! Yeah me too, I love the 20's as my front heights and my surrounds!

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
decibels is offline  
post #34798 of 34800 Old Today, 04:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
Where is your dealer? Just curious because my favorite dealer was just awarded "Paradigm/Anthem Dealer of the Year 2017".
Audio Therapy in Nashua, NH. I've known John Rein for many years and he is excellent. Since they moved to a new building they now have 3 full floors of stuff to drool over.
KenM10759 likes this.
outbackwack is online now  
post #34799 of 34800 Old Today, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KenM10759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central MA USA
Posts: 2,804
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1541 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackwack View Post
Audio Therapy in Nashua, NH. I've known John Rein for many years and he is excellent. Since they moved to a new building they now have 3 full floors of stuff to drool over.
I had a feeling that's who it was. Same place I go to for everything. I've only known John, Mark, Amanda, Scott, & Tom for a few years now, but they won my business by being mostly straight shooters. I say mostly only because we differ on cables. I really can't hear a difference so I'm not buying anything but the most basic interconnects from them and make my own speaker cables.

There is Fidelis a couple miles away but I don't care for them. I've visited all the shops within 75 miles or so of me and Audio Video Therapy comes out on top by a mile.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red, Bluesound Vault2, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer.
KenM10759 is online now  
post #34800 of 34800 Old Today, 06:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
I had a feeling that's who it was. Same place I go to for everything. I've only known John, Mark, Amanda, Scott, & Tom for a few years now, but they won my business by being mostly straight shooters. I say mostly only because we differ on cables. I really can't hear a difference so I'm not buying anything but the most basic interconnects from them and make my own speaker cables. There is Fidelis a couple miles away but I don't care for them. I've visited all the shops within 75 miles or so of me and Audio Video Therapy comes out on top by a mile.
Fidelis has been closed for a while now. Audio Therapy seems to be the only game in town. I only buy new stuff every 10 years or so. Moving to Phoenix next month so have to find a new place now. I drank the cable KoolAid and had all my cables made by Signal Cable but really couldn't tell the difference. I still have them but will make my own to run through the walls in AZ when the 4 presence speaks get installed in the ceiling.
outbackwack is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off