Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 1164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1055Likes

post #34891 of 34900 Old 10-21-2017, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifab View Post
a 700 dollar onkyo Avr. I have about 5k budgeted for a pre and amps at the moment but can't decide which way to go.
If it has enough power and channels I wouldn't knock it.

I just moved up from a 5 channel Pioneer to a 1st gen MRX. Thought I had a 700 at a great price but it has issues (bad amplifier channels) so bought a 300 too.

I can't use a projector full time because of the bulb life. But the 12ft ceiling precludes a retractable screen in front of the TV. Also not sure about projecting from 20ft to a manageable screen size (given viewing distance). And no way I'd get by with a drop mount on the projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34892 of 34900 Old 10-21-2017, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've been looking locally for a ~10% discount of current rates on the Prestige (~400$, but that's negotiable), and none of the dealers I've talked to are willing to budge a single cent on price of an 85F+45C premium finish or the 55C upgrade on regular finish with the current center channel deal.

Am I being totally unrealistic in expecting any price movement from a local dealer? If no one local is willing to budge, I'm tempted to just buy online from Paradigm itself. No difference to the bottom line of my pocketbook, and I'd be giving *all* the money to the actual creators of the speakers.

Thanks for any input and critique. I may just need to re-adjust my thinking.
post #34893 of 34900 Old 10-21-2017, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldiablos View Post
Quote:
Anyone have an idea where I could find a new or used signature c5 v3 in cherry? I've been searching online and paradigm has checked dealers with no luck. I have the s8 towers and 4 s2 v3 and can't find a matching center. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated immensely.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paradigm-Si...4AAOSwdnZZ6ST8
Scored that center channel. I will now have a full 7 channels of glorious signature sound. Thank you again for ending my 3 month search.
Scarriere likes this.

post #34894 of 34900 Old 10-21-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
Quote:
a 700 dollar onkyo Avr. I have about 5k budgeted for a pre and amps at the moment but can't decide which way to go.
If it has enough power and channels I wouldn't knock it.

I just moved up from a 5 channel Pioneer to a 1st gen MRX. Thought I had a 700 at a great price but it has issues (bad amplifier channels) so bought a 300 too.

I can't use a projector full time because of the bulb life. But the 12ft ceiling precludes a retractable screen in front of the TV. Also not sure about projecting from 20ft to a manageable screen size (given viewing distance). And no way I'd get by with a drop mount on the projector.
First let me say I know little to nothing about projection but we have almost 13ft ceilings in our living room and the dealer said I would just need to order the right drop down screen to accommodate. Not sure on throw distance but I was told I needed about 16 to 18 ft to use a screen around 130 inches depending on projector. We went a viewed the Sony 285 4k projector and we were not impressed by the picture at all compared to the LG OLED. Projector had only 1 hour and dealer hadn't had a chance to mess with settings yet. Also the room was not able to get that dark so the picture was not very bright at all. The detail was impressive but brightness and color was weak. Surprisingly to me is the onkyo we have does a pretty darn good job running these speakers until you start cranking it up. To us they sound noticeably better than the 95fs did running on 10k plus dollars of Macintosh gear. I will say that the Klipsch speakers we had hooked up before were louder but the sound was terrible compared to the 95f and the sig 8s. The main reason I want a new avr or pre is to run a 7.2.4 atmos setup. I am currently running a 5.2.2 atmos and I am totally sold on atmos. It is really amazing as far as the wife and I are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooberry View Post
I've been looking locally for a ~10% discount of current rates on the Prestige (~400$, but that's negotiable), and none of the dealers I've talked to are willing to budge a single cent on price of an 85F+45C premium finish or the 55C upgrade on regular finish with the current center channel deal.

Am I being totally unrealistic in expecting any price movement from a local dealer? If no one local is willing to budge, I'm tempted to just buy online from Paradigm itself. No difference to the bottom line of my pocketbook, and I'd be giving *all* the money to the actual creators of the speakers.

Thanks for any input and critique. I may just need to re-adjust my thinking.
I try to support the local guys as much as possible within reason. It's great to be able to go and check out potential purchases and my dealer literally has spent hours and hours a week talking to me on the phone and showing me equipment. I was told the same thing you were though. 10% on anthem and parisdigm gear but not on deals with free speakers. I guess they feel that your getting a good deal and don't think you should get the 10% off. That being said anything I want that best buy also has I buy through best buy simply because of the no hassle return policy.
post #34895 of 34900 Old 10-21-2017, 12:31 PM

On a different note. I absolutely love this forum. Enough info to make your head spin. I spent months searching and wasted hours and hours trying to find a c5 center and within days of inquiring here I now have what I've been searching for coming to me. This place is an amazing resource. I guess soon I will have a paradigm monitor 3 v7 that will need a new home.
blooberry likes this.
post #34896 of 34900 Old 10-21-2017, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1267 Post(s)
Liked: 714
For those looking for dealers and not needing a demo try calling some of the custom install dealers on paradigm's site, they can order your speakers. Paradigm does have some minimum selling prices but I am pretty sure you could get 10%.
post #34897 of 34900 Old 10-21-2017, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
soon I will have a paradigm monitor 3 v7 that will need a new home.
Wish I had room for it.
post #34898 of 34900 Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know how close Prestige Midnight Cherry is to the Hsu Rosenut? Pictures look very close. http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/uls-15mk2.html
post #34899 of 34900 Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
First let me say I know little to nothing about projection but we have almost 13ft ceilings in our living room and the dealer said I would just need to order the right drop down screen to accommodate. Not sure on throw distance but I was told I needed about 16 to 18 ft to use a screen around 130 inches depending on projector. We went a viewed the Sony 285 4k projector and we were not impressed by the picture at all compared to the LG OLED. Projector had only 1 hour and dealer hadn't had a chance to mess with settings yet. Also the room was not able to get that dark so the picture was not very bright at all. The detail was impressive but brightness and color was weak. Surprisingly to me is the onkyo we have does a pretty darn good job running these speakers until you start cranking it up. To us they sound noticeably better than the 95fs did running on 10k plus dollars of Macintosh gear. I will say that the Klipsch speakers we had hooked up before were louder but the sound was terrible compared to the 95f and the sig 8s. The main reason I want a new avr or pre is to run a 7.2.4 atmos setup. I am currently running a 5.2.2 atmos and I am totally sold on atmos. It is really amazing as far as the wife and I are concerned.

I try to support the local guys as much as possible within reason. It's great to be able to go and check out potential purchases and my dealer literally has spent hours and hours a week talking to me on the phone and showing me equipment. I was told the same thing you were though. 10% on anthem and parisdigm gear but not on deals with free speakers. I guess they feel that your getting a good deal and don't think you should get the 10% off. That being said anything I want that best buy also has I buy through best buy simply because of the no hassle return policy.
My dealer gave me 10 percent off my 95fs with the free c55 speaker and gave around 800 off the anthem 1120

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #34900 of 34900 Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophizee View Post
Quote:

My dealer gave me 10 percent off my 95fs with the free c55 speaker and gave around 800 off the anthem 1120

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That's good to know. I had ordered the avm 60 and canceled it the next day when I sae the free pw 800 promo. I was still undecided and used it as an excuse to cancel and told the dealer I would probably reorder later. I'm still up in the air on the avm 60 now that I see new units are supposed to be coming that would enable me to run the 7.2.6 atmos. The way I am i can see myself getting the 7.2.4 setup with the avm 60 and as soon as the 13 channel processors are available wanting to upgrade. If I do go with the avm 60 I will try and get the dealer to come down a little now knowing the deal you received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page