Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 326 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9751 of 30406 Old 01-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Starkiller4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW MI
Posts: 526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Bwahahaha! I feel like I cheated, but I'm officially in the 'club' now!

I found a gent on craigslist who was getting rid of his older Paradigm Monitor 5's to upgrade/baby-proof his house, and I was fortunate enough to be the first caller. So now I have two pretty, 'new' speakers sitting in my living room, filling it with glorious sound! All for practically a song .

Not as good as a lot of the shiny setups I see here, but I'm darn proud of getting it before leaving college!

We love overkill. -- gperkins1973
My fuse box is my HPF. -- kryptonitewhite

2x18 Ficar IB3 Infinite Baffle Manifold Install
Starkiller4299 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9752 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Member
 
MCATUCCI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello!
First time Paradigm owner here.

I gotta say I absolutely love the sound that Paradigm speakers produce. I ended up buying a pair of Millenia 200 towers. The dealer matched a closeout price of 848/pair so I had to grab them at that price. Also purchased a Millenia 20 for use as a matched center channel when in home theater mode.

I'm curently running:
Millenia 200 towers for front R and L
Millenia 20 for center channel duty.

While these do benefit from a sub to pick up the lower ends (Im saving for one now) they can still hold their own very well without. The mids and highs these speakers put out really define my music choices.

Any other Millenia owners out there?
MCATUCCI is offline  
post #9753 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 1,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCATUCCI View Post

Hello!
First time Paradigm owner here.

I gotta say I absolutely love the sound that Paradigm speakers produce. I ended up buying a pair of Millenia 200 towers. The dealer matched a closeout price of 848/pair so I had to grab them at that price. Also purchased a Millenia 20 for use as a matched center channel when in home theater mode.

I'm curently running:
Millenia 200 towers for front R and L
Millenia 20 for center channel duty.

While these do benefit from a sub to pick up the lower ends (Im saving for one now) they can still hold their own very well without. The mids and highs these speakers put out really define my music choices.

Any other Millenia owners out there?

look into the DSP3400 ive heard nothing but good things http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/...-4-19.paradigm
osofast240sx is offline  
post #9754 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Member
 
MCATUCCI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
osofast,

Thanks....I'll see if my local Paradigm dealer has it in stock. That's a really sharp design....if it sounds half as good as it looks I can't go wrong.
MCATUCCI is offline  
post #9755 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Senior Member
 
DLS_222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys , I hope someone could help me out.. I've had a new CC-390 center for about a week now and notice that at around -20db on certain movies the dialogue seems to get distorted. I am using a Yamaha 6190 (rxv1800) which is 910 watts(130 watts per channel). Is this receiver not giving enough to my center or could it be a problem with my speaker.

Thanks in advace to anyone that could help

DLS_222 is offline  
post #9756 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
goonstopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ near NYC
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCATUCCI View Post

osofast,

Thanks....I'll see if my local Paradigm dealer has it in stock. That's a really sharp design....if it sounds half as good as it looks I can't go wrong.

I am sure it costs more than an PC12-nsd from svs... Just a suggestion.
goonstopher is offline  
post #9757 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AbMagFab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS_222 View Post

Hey guys , I hope someone could help me out.. I've had a new CC-390 center for about a week now and notice that at around -20db on certain movies the dialogue seems to get distorted. I am using a Yamaha 6190 (rxv1800) which is 910 watts(130 watts per channel). Is this receiver not giving enough to my center or could it be a problem with my speaker.

Thanks in advace to anyone that could help

My guess is it's the Yamaha. I assume you're driving other speakers with it? And is -20db loud or quiet for your setup? (I'm assuming loud)

Remember that 130W/channel x 7 channels does *not* equal 910W, unless it's a mono-block design, which the Yamaha isn't.

You're working from a single transformer, which means the total power output is limited, whether that's all going out a single channel, or spread across all of them. And the Studio's (I assume you're using a Studio setup?) need a lot of power, especially at lower frequencies where the resistance can drop to 2 ohms.

Anyway, I had to make a bunch of assumptions, but if they're right, it's likely the Yamaha is just way underpowered for your setup.

TiVo is on it's way out - stream everything!
AbMagFab is offline  
post #9758 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
DLS_222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post

My guess is it's the Yamaha. I assume you're driving other speakers with it? And is -20db loud or quiet for your setup? (I'm assuming loud)

Remember that 130W/channel x 7 channels does *not* equal 910W, unless it's a mono-block design, which the Yamaha isn't.

You're working from a single transformer, which means the total power output is limited, whether that's all going out a single channel, or spread across all of them. And the Studio's (I assume you're using a Studio setup?) need a lot of power, especially at lower frequencies where the resistance can drop to 2 ohms.

Anyway, I had to make a bunch of assumptions, but if they're right, it's likely the Yamaha is just way underpowered for your setup.


Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually using the monitor series (vs Monitor 11's, CC-390 and ADP-390 - 7 speakers total). So it looks like I might need an amp to power my fronts? I will try connecting a Monitor 11 to the center to see if it could be the speaker wire but I doubt that could be the problem. Thanks for the help again and if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

DLS_222 is offline  
post #9759 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Member
 
nickwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am planning on getting another studio 20 to use as a center with my studio 20 v3 left and rights. I am totally stumped as to whether I should get a new 20 v4, or a used 20 v3. There's two ways to look at it. Another v3 would obvously be the closest match to my left and rights sonically, but does the v4 sound noticeably better? Is it a big enough improvement to override the fact that it might not match up AS perfectly as with the v3's as another v3 would? I know the center takes the brunt of a movie soundtrack, so I want the best possible speaker I can have in that possition, but I cant decide which is more important, an exact match, or a speaker that will no doubt be a very close match, but may sound slightly better? If anyone has any advice it would be really appreciated. (especially if you have experience with both the v3 and v4.)
nickwin is offline  
post #9760 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Newbie
 
foko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Couple of questions to all the Paradigm experts out there:

I'm replacing a set of Vandersteen 1b's and a Vandersteen center. The reason is primarily for aesthetics. I've grown tired of the Vandersteen look over the course of the last 18 years or so that I've had the Vandersteens.

Anyhow, I'm looking at the following:

Used Dynaudio Contour 1.3 (well used, probably 5 years old?)....probably around $1200-$1400

Barely used Signature S2, v1.....$1500

Lightly used Studio 40, v4......$not sure, but dealer said "good deal" to make room for v5....not my favorite finish choice and a bit larger than I'd like.

I've listened to the Studios.....I liked them. Haven't listened to the S2 (local dealer doesn't have em). The Dyns sound great played loud, but lose a bit of their magic played at reasonable levels. The Studios image beautifully and seem very detailed.

I use a Bryston amp and preamp/processor, and a Mirage SW. I plan on upgrading my center and surrounds to match whatever mains I decide on. I listen to 50% stereo music, and 50% theater. Mostly rock and jazz for music.

I'm leaning towards the used s2's. I love the look, and I think the price is good, but my questions:

1. Is $1500 indeed a good price for barely used S2 v1 pair.
2. Is there much difference between the v1 and v2 S2
3. I haven't actually heard the s2, but can I assume its equal to or better than the Studio 40?

Thanks a bunch everyone.

Fabian
foko is offline  
post #9761 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Member
 
ti_27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Guys,

Could someone comment on the difference between the Monitor 11 v 5 and v 6? I just ordered a new cc-390 and will be ordering the Monitor 11's within the next week. My local dealer has quoted them to me for $1400, but I just found a pair of v5 for $850. This could save me a lot of money obviously and I could use the difference to buy me a new Emotiva XPA-3 I've been wanting. Im just curious to what the differences are, purley cosmetic or are these some internal differences? Different crossover perhaps? Thanks!
ti_27 is offline  
post #9762 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Warpdrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by foko View Post


I'm leaning towards the used s2's. I love the look, and I think the price is good, but my questions:

1. Is $1500 indeed a good price for barely used S2 v1 pair.
2. Is there much difference between the v1 and v2 S2
3. I haven't actually heard the s2, but can I assume its equal to or better than the Studio 40?

Thanks a bunch everyone.

Fabian

Hey Fabian..... I think you may be able to do a bit better on the price of the S2 v1.

Have you looked at Audiogon for any of the used Signature stuff...
I bought a New in Box (never opened) pair of S4 v1 for $2K with Stands, but they were the discontinued Rosewood - truly gorgeous !!!

The S2 IMO will beat out the Studio 40 in SQ and SPL.

The new .v2 Sigs to me are a whole new step up the ladder, the tweeter is much sweeter to a point they are extremely close to the twinkle of a well implemented ribbon tweet, without the lack of dispersion or focus.

I was truly blown away by the S6 and S8 v2 when I auditioned them, having the S4 v1, which I think is a phenomenal speaker. Best speaker I have ever owned to date...... I look forward to upgrading my Studio 100's to the S8 v2 in the near future...

Not sure what your color choice is, there is a pair of S4's v1 in Piano Black on Audiogon... http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....m-s4-signiture

I can attest to the fantastic SQ, wide sound stage, and performance, I run mine with a C3 center 500wpc IcePower and JL F112.....
Warpdrv is offline  
post #9763 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifisponge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 7,516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS_222 View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually using the monitor series (vs Monitor 11's, CC-390 and ADP-390 - 7 speakers total). So it looks like I might need an amp to power my fronts? I will try connecting a Monitor 11 to the center to see if it could be the speaker wire but I doubt that could be the problem. Thanks for the help again and if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm assuming that you have set your channel levels using an SPL meter or with the auto set-up. If yes, then -20 is about a medium volume level and shouldn't be too much trouble for the Yammy. It could be the amp, but it could also be a blown driver in the center.

Disconnect all of your other speakers and play the center alone. This will give you the full 130 watts to the center, which is more than enough to reach a high volume level. If the distorsion goes away, you are underpowered. If you still get distorsion, connect the center to the right channel speaker cable and try again. If the distorsion goes away, you have a bad amp channel. If it stays, there is a good chance that the speaker is blown. The only way to know is to try another amp.
hifisponge is offline  
post #9764 of 30406 Old 01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
DLS_222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge View Post

I'm assuming that you have set your channel levels using an SPL meter or with the auto set-up. If yes, then -20 is about a medium volume level and shouldn't be too much trouble for the Yammy. It could be the amp, but it could also be a blown driver in the center.

Disconnect all of your other speakers and play the center alone. This will give you the full 130 watts to the center, which is more than enough to reach a high volume level. If the distorsion goes away, you are underpowered. If you still get distorsion, connect the center to the right channel speaker cable and try again. If the distorsion goes away, you have a bad amp channel. If it stays, there is a good chance that the speaker is blown. The only way to know is to try another amp.

Thanks, actually that's exactly what I did before reading this - I hooked my center up to the right channel and get the same sound. I listed up close at a lower volume and figured out it was one of the middle 4 inch drivers. It wasn't always producing sound and when it did, it was distorted. I will be taking it back to my dealer so hopefully turnaround time isn't too long or maybe they'll loan me one from the store but I doubt it.

Thanks again.

DLS_222 is offline  
post #9765 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 AM
Senior Member
 
test4echo101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
New Paradigm owner.
Just picked up a pair of 7se MK 3's for $40 bucks. MINT condition!

Guy (an older guy around 65) who sold them said one of the towers didn't work. Took it apart and found a wire was loose. All good!

test,

Mpray1983- "User error due to sneeze or fart occurred during measurement"
test4echo101 is offline  
post #9766 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Easyaspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti_27 View Post

Hello Guys,

Could someone comment on the difference between the Monitor 11 v 5 and v 6? I just ordered a new cc-390 and will be ordering the Monitor 11's within the next week. My local dealer has quoted them to me for $1400, but I just found a pair of v5 for $850. This could save me a lot of money obviously and I could use the difference to buy me a new Emotiva XPA-3 I've been wanting. Im just curious to what the differences are, purley cosmetic or are these some internal differences? Different crossover perhaps? Thanks!

I think most of the differences between the Monitor V5 and V6 are aesthetic.
Easyaspie is offline  
post #9767 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
jaball77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomberg View Post

BTW: Surrounds will need to be in or dang close to the back corner of my listening room too; Paradigm tech guys said I'd need 18" off back wall to use ADPs, so that's why I'm asking about directional speakers for the surrounds.

I have ADP190's mounted on the wall directly behind my couch and I think it sounds great. I have the couch sitting about 8-10 inches from the wall and I did have to increase the levels of the surrounds a bit, but they sound wonderful.
jaball77 is offline  
post #9768 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Member
 
nickwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwin View Post

I am planning on getting another studio 20 to use as a center with my studio 20 v3 left and rights. I am totally stumped as to whether I should get a new 20 v4, or a used 20 v3. There's two ways to look at it. Another v3 would obvously be the closest match to my left and rights sonically, but does the v4 sound noticeably better? Is it a big enough improvement to override the fact that it might not match up AS perfectly as with the v3's as another v3 would? I know the center takes the brunt of a movie soundtrack, so I want the best possible speaker I can have in that possition, but I cant decide which is more important, an exact match, or a speaker that will no doubt be a very close match, but may sound slightly better? If anyone has any advice it would be really appreciated. (especially if you have experience with both the v3 and v4.)


I came across an older studio 20 v3 vs. v4 thread, and, while overall it was a toss up, a couple people commented on the v4s reproducing voices better. One guy said "voices on the v4 sounded noticeably much better"

Can anyone attest to this? If this is the case than it might just be worth it to go with the v4 as my center even though it might not blend perfectly with my v3 left and rights.

Anyone here used a v3 as a center? How is the dialog intelligibility?
nickwin is offline  
post #9769 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Member
 
marcopulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote=nickwin;15631731]I came across an older studio 20 v3 vs. v4 thread, and, while overall it was a toss up, a couple people commented on the v4s reproducing voices better. One guy said "voices on the v4 sounded noticeably much better"

I've listened to both v.3 and v.4, v4 sounded much better, tweeter not too fatiguing like v.3. even during med volume listening.
marcopulos is offline  
post #9770 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Member
 
nickwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote=marcopulos;15632500] I've listened to both v.3 and v.4, v4 sounded much better, tweeter not too fatiguing like v.3. even during med volume listening.[/QUOTETE]

Do you think the v4's sounded different enough that they wouldn't match up right with v3 left and rights if used as a center?
nickwin is offline  
post #9771 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Member
 
aznbladez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know if the Titan monitors have dual binding posts ?

And is there any pictures of these titans on this thread ?
aznbladez is offline  
post #9772 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Member
 
marcopulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do you think the v4's sounded different enough that they wouldn't match up right with v3 left and rights if used as a center?[/quote]

They still match up nicely, I'll grab v4 quick before they're gone & replaced by v5
marcopulos is offline  
post #9773 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Member
 
Tomberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not a Millenia owner, but I wanted to say you can get a nice used Paradigm sub for approximately 35 - 50% of typical new street price if you are willing to go back a version or two. I paid $275 for a PS-1200 and it works fine.
Tomberg is offline  
post #9774 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Member
 
MCATUCCI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Tomberg.

Where would one look to find these deals?
MCATUCCI is offline  
post #9775 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Member
 
dpnaugle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopulos View Post

Do you think the v4's sounded different enough that they wouldn't match up right with v3 left and rights if used as a center?

They still match up nicely, I'll grab v4 quick before they're gone & replaced by v5 [/quote]

If you're asking if a cc590/690 will match up with a v3 studio left/left right. Then I think you are fine. My buddy has the studio 100's v3 and a cc690 and it sound great.

I had decided to go with the v3 before the v4 came out and I was prepared to buy the 60's, center, and adps.(after a couple of months of demo'ing) When I went in my local shop to buy them, they had just received and set of the Studio 60's v4 so I was able to listen to v3 and v 4 side by side. I found it an easy decision to choose the v4 - Sound improvement ++ aesthetics +++

One thing to remember is that room acoustics plays a BIG role in this department. My system has never sounded as good as the show room, but it doesn't suck.

DN
dpnaugle is offline  
post #9776 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Member
 
Tomberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomberg View Post

For a pair of surrounds, which do you guys think would better match a set up that has Monitor 9's for front, a PS-1200 sub, a Studio 470 center. Price for used stuff is about the same, so that isn't much of an issue.

Now let me complicate it: Good chance I'll upgrade the 9's to 60's or 100s when I find a smokin' good deal. I Might migrate to a 570 on the center too under same circumstance. I'm not SUPER picky about audio fidelity, so I doubt I would push into the Studio line for the surrounds if this happens.

BTW: Surrounds will need to be in or dang close to the back corner of my listening room too; Paradigm tech guys said I'd need 18" off back wall to use ADPs, so that's why I'm asking about directional speakers for the surrounds.

Still hoping somebody out there can comment on Titan's vs. 7's
Tomberg is offline  
post #9777 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
RodK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbladez View Post

Anyone know if the Titan monitors have dual binding posts ?

And is there any pictures of these titans on this thread ?

my Titan v5's only have a single pair of binding posts.
there are some pics in here , but only of the front of the speaker.

RodK is offline  
post #9778 of 30406 Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
RodK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti_27 View Post

Hello Guys,

Could someone comment on the difference between the Monitor 11 v 5 and v 6? I just ordered a new cc-390 and will be ordering the Monitor 11's within the next week. My local dealer has quoted them to me for $1400, but I just found a pair of v5 for $850. This could save me a lot of money obviously and I could use the difference to buy me a new Emotiva XPA-3 I've been wanting. Im just curious to what the differences are, purley cosmetic or are these some internal differences? Different crossover perhaps? Thanks!

the v6's use a slightly different crossover and the front bolts are now nickel plated instead of black. IMO not much of a difference considering the price.

RodK is offline  
post #9779 of 30406 Old 01-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Member
 
Hertzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey i just got a cc570v3 last week and im quite happy
now i need the left/right and a sub but i have a budget
here the two option i can afford
i already have speaker stand and surround that will do the job for now

1.) studio 20v3 + JL audio fathom f112 (yeah i have an unreal deal on the f112)
2.) studio 60v3 + dsp 3100 ( or any sub in the 500-600$ range)

there no such thing as get the 60s now and the JL later is 1 or 2
room is 20x17 i never listen 2ch music its always multichanel 20% music 50% movie 30% tv my reciver is a Harman kardon avr 445

so what you guy think ?

both setup cost almost the same for me ( 2300$ give or take )
Hertzz is offline  
post #9780 of 30406 Old 01-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Member
 
nickwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would personally go rout number one. The Fathom is an AWESOME subwoofer. When paired with a nice sub like that the studio 20's will sound very similar to the 60's IMO.
nickwin is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off