Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 327 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9781 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
goonstopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ near NYC
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a question to...

Would anyone here sell Studio 60 v.3's and get studio 20 v.5's?

I have a pb13-ultra if that helps and mostly liosten to 5.1 surround
goonstopher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9782 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
oztech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 7,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

I have a question to...

Would anyone here sell Studio 60 v.3's and get studio 20 v.5's?

I have a pb13-ultra if that helps and mostly liosten to 5.1 surround

You already have these and know what they sound like so grab your favorite
piece of music go to the dealer and demo because truthfully only your ears
will be able to tell the difference.
oztech is offline  
post #9783 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Easyaspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomberg View Post

Still hoping somebody out there can comment on Titan's vs. 7's

Anything of the same version in the Monitor line is going to blend well.
Easyaspie is offline  
post #9784 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
miltimj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 3,259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

I have a question to...

Would anyone here sell Studio 60 v.3's and get studio 20 v.5's?

I have a pb13-ultra if that helps and mostly liosten to 5.1 surround

I wouldn't unless you want to bring the speakers off the floor and/or need smaller ones for some reason. But as for the sound, there's no reason to "downgrade" (despite the new version).

-Tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

miltimj is offline  
post #9785 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Easyaspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

I have a question to...

Would anyone here sell Studio 60 v.3's and get studio 20 v.5's?

I have a pb13-ultra if that helps and mostly liosten to 5.1 surround

How much you gonna sell the 60s for? That will influence my answer to you.

I could use a set of those in the downstairs theater.

.
Easyaspie is offline  
post #9786 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
 
xAVHTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. I'm back with more questions. My room mate and I have moved to a new city, and we're looking at setting up a new home theater area. I know I want to stick with Paradigms, I'm just not sure whether I want to go with Monitors or Studios. I know new Studios are coming out and I think I'd prefer the design of the older Studio 60s because I believe the new ones have smaller drivers...

so with that in mind, the setups I've been comparing are:
Studio 60 fronts, Studio 20 surrounds, CC-590 center channel.
Monitor 7 fronts, Mini Monitor surrounds, CC-290 center channel.

I already own a CC-290 but I'd be willing to sell it, or relegate it to a different setup somewhere. Either set-up will be paired with an SVS PB-12 Plus, if necessary I'll move up to an Ultra for the Studio series to mesh with.

Main concern is in the amp area. I'm more than likely going to match either setup with a Denon, and was looking at a 2809. I've heard the Studio series and, while I'm confident it will be enough for the Monitors, if I need to upgrade to a 3808 or something like that then I'm not sure if it will be justified, the setup will be basically twice as expensive.

Any thoughts on the issue are appreciated. My worry is that if I don't get the Studios I'll regret it later.
xAVHTx is offline  
post #9787 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Member
 
Hertzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That what i was thinking thx for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwin View Post

I would personally go rout number one. The Fathom is an AWESOME subwoofer. When paired with a nice sub like that the studio 20's will sound very similar to the 60's IMO.

Hertzz is offline  
post #9788 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bump from subs:
I have a pair of Paradigm Studio 60v4's mated with an Ultracube 12. Receiver is an Integra DTR 9.9. My room is 16x12 but more importantly the house is 1620 sq ft open plan with high vaulted celings. The system is new (Dec. '08) so it's just breaking in and the Studio's are amazing mated with this reciever. Howver, the bass from the Ultracube 12, although adequately musical with good finesse, it's just not enough "kick in the pants" on the kick drum, etc. I am 80% music and 20% HT btw. I have blended the sub well with my mains at 45-50HZ (talking music only and of course 80hz+ for HT) and the Studios are full range. I really want to stay with Paradigm as I love their stuff and I also want to stay matched. I know SVS, HSU are probably great bargains but my local paradigm dealer gives me 20-25% off so I am good there. Question for you gurus is: should I just get another ultracube 12 and call it a day or perhaps sell my uc 12 and grab a couple seismic 10's off the used market (can be had for around $500-600 each). The other option I have is once again selling my ultracube 12, but then ordering the new Paradigm Sub 12 - man this thing looks hot! But my budget would be strained and I would be forced to run only one sub for a good while if I did that. But I am leaning that way because i want to stay in the reference series for long term picture. Anybody else here run a ultracube 10 or 12 with studio speakers? Would a seismic 10 out slam it and more importantly is it cleaner and more accurate? When I audtioned the uc12 I was amazed at its musical finesse but I didn't realized I was paying extra $ for the small package - I have PLENTY of room for a bigger sub! Damn I just got back in to hobby after 5 years and may have "misfired" on that one.
GPowered is offline  
post #9789 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

I have a question to...

Would anyone here sell Studio 60 v.3's and get studio 20 v.5's?

I have a pb13-ultra if that helps and mostly liosten to 5.1 surround

Don't feel bad about that. I picked up v4's in Dec. while oblivious to v5's being a month away from release. I have them bi-amped (passively of course) to my Integra 9.9 and it they sound great! Soundstage is wide and 3-dimensional and the highs are extremely detailed, open, and airy. Mids are great too but they can get slightly harsh in the upper region when I play rock and alternative LOUD but I think that is due to my room acoustics. I have tile throughout! My problem is I think I picked up the wrong sub for my room. The ultracube 12 sounds great but it is just not enough bottom and punch for my big room - at least for my taste. friends that come think I am loco so there you go. To your point, the v5's seem very interesting and that wood veneer is gorgous, but it will be interesting to hear that extra driver and small depth cabinet and how it compares to the deep cabinets that we have. I guess we'll know soon but I can't seem to grasp how Paradigm did all of that and kept the price the same. Amazing.
GPowered is offline  
post #9790 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Member
 
rtwilbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay fellow Paradigm enthusiasts!!! I would love some input...

Room is about 14x16' and I'm about 90%HT 10% music
Setup is:
Pioneer 6010 60" Plasma
Denon 3808
Paradigm DSP-3100 Sub
Pioneer BDP-95FD Blu-Ray
TiVo HD

Choice between getting....

Studio 40 v.4 and CC-590 v.4 Closeout

Or

Studio 20 v.5 and CC-590 v.5 New

My gut says to go with the v.4 setup....more bang for the buck and all.

So I'd appreciate any input, since I might have forgot something or maybe someone has auditioned the Studio V.4 vs V.5 and thought the new one's are superior.

ALSO: I'm not ready to get the Studio ADP's....but I'm not sure what I should get for the rear channel. Suggestions? Monitor ADP's? Atoms, Mini's, or is there something you'd just keep an eye out for on eBay that's a sure bet to match with the Studio's?

Input appreciated!!
rtwilbur is offline  
post #9791 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
goonstopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ near NYC
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowered View Post

I guess we'll know soon but I can't seem to grasp how Paradigm did all of that and kept the price the same. Amazing.

Prices are going up by a pretty large amount on everything but the ADP's
goonstopher is offline  
post #9792 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


My gut says to go with the v.4 setup....more bang for the buck and all.

Will you have a chance to audition these 2 against each other? I assume your local dealer doesn't have the v5's in yet. Let your ears decide ... if you grab the v4's prior to hearing the v5's, you may be missing out. BEING the addict I am, I'd listen to the new series at some point and could be disappointed. See my post above ... I picked up Studio 60 v4's last month before knowing the v5's were coming. TG I love my v4's but I may have waited had I known. Unlike your situation, my dealer is small so he doesn't carry much on the floor. The advantage of that is I get 20-25% no matter what series it is. The downfall is that I rarely have much to compare it to.
GPowered is offline  
post #9793 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Prices are going up by a pretty large amount on everything but the ADP's

Really? I believe my Studio 60 v4's retailed at $1,999. Aren't the v5's listed for the same? I know the 100's went up $200 but I believe the 60's are the same although I could wrong.
GPowered is offline  
post #9794 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Member
 
rtwilbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowered View Post

Really? I believe my Studio 60 v4's retailed at $1,999. Aren't the v5's listed for the same? I know the 100's went up $200 but I believe the 60's are the same although I could wrong.

I was quoted $1998 for Studio 60 v.5's here in Minneapolis
rtwilbur is offline  
post #9795 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 1,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowered View Post

bump from subs:
I have a pair of Paradigm Studio 60v4's mated with an Ultracube 12. Receiver is an Integra DTR 9.9. My room is 16x12 but more importantly the house is 1620 sq ft open plan with high vaulted celings. The system is new (Dec. '08) so it's just breaking in and the Studio's are amazing mated with this reciever. Howver, the bass from the Ultracube 12, although adequately musical with good finesse, it's just not enough "kick in the pants" on the kick drum, etc. I am 80% music and 20% HT btw. I have blended the sub well with my mains at 45-50HZ (talking music only and of course 80hz+ for HT) and the Studios are full range. I really want to stay with Paradigm as I love their stuff and I also want to stay matched. I know SVS, HSU are probably great bargains but my local paradigm dealer gives me 20-25% off so I am good there. Question for you gurus is: should I just get another ultracube 12 and call it a day or perhaps sell my uc 12 and grab a couple seismic 10's off the used market (can be had for around $500-600 each). The other option I have is once again selling my ultracube 12, but then ordering the new Paradigm Sub 12 - man this thing looks hot! But my budget would be strained and I would be forced to run only one sub for a good while if I did that. But I am leaning that way because i want to stay in the reference series for long term picture. Anybody else here run a ultracube 10 or 12 with studio speakers? Would a seismic 10 out slam it and more importantly is it cleaner and more accurate? When I audtioned the uc12 I was amazed at its musical finesse but I didn't realized I was paying extra $ for the small package - I have PLENTY of room for a bigger sub! Damn I just got back in to hobby after 5 years and may have "misfired" on that one.

if you have a chance to dip into a reference series sub go fo it. see if your dealer will do a setup in your house to make sure its enough.

Regency Park Family Theater


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
osofast240sx is offline  
post #9796 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwilbur View Post

I was quoted $1998 for Studio 60 v.5's here in Minneapolis

Hence the same as the v4's for the 60's. I know they jumped last year so perhaps they did it then to fund a year of R&D. Still, both are a bargain at that but I'm surprised your deale won'r discount. These guys get about 30% and I am sure more if they buy more. I paid $1,600 for my 60v4's but it was part of a system. I also picked up my Integra 9.9 for $2k ($2,600 retail) and UC 12 for about $950.
GPowered is offline  
post #9797 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Member
 
rtwilbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowered View Post

Will you have a chance to audition these 2 against each other? I assume your local dealer doesn't have the v5's in yet. Let your ears decide ... if you grab the v4's prior to hearing the v5's, you may be missing out. BEING the addict I am, I'd listen to the new series at some point and could be disappointed. See my post above ... I picked up Studio 60 v4's last month before knowing the v5's were coming. TG I love my v4's but I may have waited had I known. Unlike your situation, my dealer is small so he doesn't carry much on the floor. The advantage of that is I get 20-25% no matter what series it is. The downfall is that I rarely have much to compare it to.

My dealer was due to get the Studio V.5 speakers in this weekend. So my plan was to do exactly that...go listen to them side-by-side. I was just wondering if anyone had any input or personal preference.

I do envy the 20-25% off....I have to work my sales guy pretty hard to get that....I had to walk out of the store last time when he wouldn't budge on a floor model item and when I got home I had an email saying I could get the price I was asking for. Thanks, the store is only a 40 minute drive each way for me!
rtwilbur is offline  
post #9798 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post

if you have a chance to dip into a reference series sub go fo it. see if your dealer will do a setup in your house to make sure its enough.

Thanks for your input! The sub 12 looks powerful ... I just hope it is just as good for music though. I would be more series about trying the SVS ultra but I have not heard that it is for great music ... as with the majority of ported subs. I am searching for a sub that does both stellar and that is difficult to find under $1,500. BTW I can get the sub 12 for $1,600. Would just need to move my uc 12 first.
GPowered is offline  
post #9799 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Member
 
rtwilbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowered View Post

Hence the same as the v4's for the 60's. I know they jumped last year so perhaps they did it then to fund a year of R&D. Still, both are a bargain at that but I'm surprised your deale won'r discount. These guys get about 30% and I am sure more if they buy more. I paid $1,600 for my 60v4's but it was part of a system. I also picked up my Integra 9.9 for $2k ($2,600 retail) and UC 12 for about $950.

Our Paradigm dealer is not known for deals. Especially since they're the only dealer in Minnesota. 10% is about the average discount I seem to get when I insist.

Sounds like you got some great deals! I really went back and forth between the Integra and the Denon 3808.
rtwilbur is offline  
post #9800 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwilbur View Post

Sounds like you got some great deals! I really went back and forth between the Integra and the Denon 3808.

I did but it sure sucks not having allot to compare it to - my dealer is more of a repair shop so he carrys very little in stock. I have to order just about anything I want to listen (without obligation until it goes home w/ me of course). Still, I don't beat these guys up as much as I used to because I want them to stay around. Last thing I want is nothing but mass market stores and internet (non-auditioning) dealers around.

Re: Integra. I compared it to a Denon 2809 which is not really fair but was the best choice at Best Buy that day. Of course I took the Denon back when I was able to get the integra at the discount. Since I am 80% music I wanted a receiver that sounded "close" to seperates. I found it! With that said, the Denon was great at its price point!
GPowered is offline  
post #9801 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
goonstopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ near NYC
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Wow my dealer said studio 60 v.5's would be around 2400 and studio 100's around 3400
goonstopher is offline  
post #9802 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Wow my dealer said studio 60 v.5's would be around 2400 and studio 100's around 3400

You know maybe I am wrong then. I will try and find that price list I saw yesterday...
GPowered is offline  
post #9803 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowered View Post

You know maybe I am wrong then. I will try and find that price list I saw yesterday...

Here you go!

http://bitstream.soundandvisionmag.c...ce-studio.html
GPowered is offline  
post #9804 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Member
 
rtwilbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Wow my dealer said studio 60 v.5's would be around 2400 and studio 100's around 3400

I went back to my email from my dealer....Studio 60 v.5 msrp is $1998/pr, and he was willing to go about 12% off that price for a pre-order.
rtwilbur is offline  
post #9805 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwilbur View Post

I went back to my email from my dealer....Studio 60 v.5 msrp is $1998/pr, and he was willing to go about 12% off that price for a pre-order.


Not bad. If it were me i would go with the 60's all day long. But that's just me because I prefer music critical listening. The 60 has the greatesr revamp in v5 so it may be most improved. Just think ... you get real woods veneers, an extra bass driver x 2, improved cabinets, etc. for the same price as v4. Bu then again I am biased toward floorstanders! I know they are a ways up in price but it is more important to do it right the first time .. even it takes longer to put the rest of the system together.
GPowered is offline  
post #9806 of 30645 Old 01-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
GPowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Wow my dealer said studio 60 v.5's would be around 2400 and studio 100's around 3400

"It appears" that your dealer may be trying to charge a premium. Are you sure he said this?
GPowered is offline  
post #9807 of 30645 Old 01-25-2009, 03:54 AM
Member
 
LAMBERT R CONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is the system i am thinking of going with.

Paradigm
studio 100 fronts
cc690 center
adp590 surround
studio 20 rear
siesmic 12 or sub 15

anthem
avm 30
mca 50
mca 20

samsung
850
950

not to sure on dvd player or blueray? I am replacing my old pioneer elite system , 15 years old , it has been a while . Listened to pardigm love em !samsung is great ! Anthem not up to speed with there product, any in put would help me .
LAMBERT R CONE is offline  
post #9808 of 30645 Old 01-25-2009, 04:04 AM
Member
 
LAMBERT R CONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is the system i am thinking of going with.

Paradigm
studio 100 fronts
cc690 center
adp590 surround
studio 20 rear
siesmic 12 or sub 15

anthem
avm 30
mca 50
mca 20

samsung
850
950

not to sure on dvd player or blueray? I am replacing my old pioneer elite system , 15 years old , it has been a while . Listened to pardigm love em !samsung is great ! Anthem not up to speed with there product, any in put would help me . THANKS IN ADVANCE
LAMBERT R CONE is offline  
post #9809 of 30645 Old 01-25-2009, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 1,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMBERT R CONE View Post

This is the system i am thinking of going with.

Paradigm
studio 100 fronts
cc690 center
adp590 surround
studio 20 rear
siesmic 12 or sub 15

anthem
avm 30
mca 50
mca 20

samsung
850
950

not to sure on dvd player or blueray? I am replacing my old pioneer elite system , 15 years old , it has been a while . Listened to pardigm love em !samsung is great ! Anthem not up to speed with there product, any in put would help me . THANKS IN ADVANCE

i would not get the avm 30(no hdmi) you can get the old D2 for a bargain since the D2v is somming out. dvd or blue ray? for the money your spending you can afford a blue ray that will play both

Regency Park Family Theater


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
osofast240sx is offline  
post #9810 of 30645 Old 01-25-2009, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Warpdrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post

i would not get the avm 30(no hdmi) you can get the old D2 for a bargain since the D2v is somming out. dvd or blue ray? for the money your spending you can afford a blue ray that will play both

+1 I agree....
Do your homework on the Pre-Amp....
You can learn alot about pre-amps by reading this thread.... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=940065
It gets technical, but going through it will give you some good understandings....


I would really like to see how that sub 15 goes up against a JL F112 or F113


My F112 as far as SQ and Output is what I measure everything else by now... Its really quite amazing...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Warpdrv is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off