Paradigm Owners Thread - Page 808 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Not sure I should be posting here, but I unfortunately have to sell all my Studios because I have to leave my house (and theater) behind.

I have:

2 x Studio 100
1 x Studio CC-690
4 x Studio ADP-590

for sale. They all have about maybe 100 hours of use on them. They are pretty much brand new and I have all the original packaging.

How much do you guys think I could get for them, and where would I sell 'em?

Thanks all,

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfheaven79 View Post

Going with S8 and C5. Due to room mst go with in ceiling surrounds. 7.1

Suggestions please.

I just installed a pair of SA-15 R 30s for surrounds, I like them so far, much better than the Parasounds that were in the ceiling when I bought my home. They rotate so you can aim them at the listening area. They do have a Sig version too.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Funny you say that I just seen a listing on craigslist for the same setup for $3000. I was looking for some studio 20s or studio 40s for myself, funny thing is I keep finding studio 60s cheaper than the 20s and 40s lol, but no one wants to ship and many of them are too far away for pickup to make it worthwhile.

I don't know what the bluebook of these would be, but you can always post them for sale here in the classifieds.

If I'm not supposed to post that link I apologize and will remove it if asked.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Liked: 12
Folks-

Any thoughts on the Paradigm Monitor 11 series 7? I listened to the Monitor 9s. The store didn't have the 11s. How does the 11s compare with the 9s.

Also, how is the v7 different from the v6s?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisbeautiful View Post

Folks-

Any thoughts on the Paradigm Monitor 11 series 7? I listened to the Monitor 9s. The store didn't have the 11s. How does the 11s compare with the 9s.

Also, how is the v7 different from the v6s?

Thanks.

Paradigm Monitor's are amazing speakers!! I would get the 11's if you have a large room! Whats your room size? You getting a subwoofer as well? You can check on the Paradigm.com website to see the changes in the Series 7 which basically include an Aluminum Tweeter instead of Titanium in v.6, new look,20% smaller reduction in size, made in china! etc..

I have a 7.2 Paradigm Monitor V.6 system! Couldnt be happier!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylz25 View Post

Paradigm Monitor's are amazing speakers!! I would get the 11's if you have a large room! Whats your room size? You getting a subwoofer as well? You can check on the Paradigm.com website to see the changes in the Series 7 which basically include an Aluminum Tweeter instead of Titanium in v.6, new look,20% smaller reduction in size, made in china! etc..

I have a 7.2 Paradigm Monitor V.6 system! Couldnt be happier!

Thanks for your reply. My room size will be approximately 20 feet x 13 feet.
I've not heard the v6. But, I'm assuming that v7 should sound better than the x6 :-). Yes. I have a 10inch Velodyne sub..

"Made in China"... uh..oh.. But, let me not think too much about that now.

I can listen to Monitor 9 v7 in the store. Based on that I'll have to buy to 11s, as they don't have 11s on demo.

Will the 3 way drivers in 11s sound better than 2.5 way in the 9s...??

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
You probably don't want to hear this, but V5 studio 100 go for a price of $2500/pair... Used

690 $1100 used

Adp 590 $1100/pr used

Quote:
Originally Posted by zax123 View Post

Hi all,

Not sure I should be posting here, but I unfortunately have to sell all my Studios because I have to leave my house (and theater) behind.

I have:

2 x Studio 100
1 x Studio CC-690
4 x Studio ADP-590

for sale. They all have about maybe 100 hours of use on them. They are pretty much brand new and I have all the original packaging.

Thanks all,

Rob

Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for your reply. My room size will be approximately 20 feet x 13 feet.
I've not heard the v6. But, I'm assuming that v7 should sound better than the x6 :-). Yes. I have a 10inch Velodyne sub..

"Made in China"... uh..oh.. But, let me not think too much about that now.

I can listen to Monitor 9 v7 in the store. Based on that I'll have to buy to 11s, as they don't have 11s on demo.

Will the 3 way drivers in 11s sound better than 2.5 way in the 9s...??

Thanks.

If I were you I would get the 11's for sure! Some people go either way saying the v.7 sounds better and some say the v.6 sound way better! They are both amazing and the v.6 you could find for a huge discount now! Alot of people dont like the made in china part! haha but I doubt there are many issues with that....I have only heard of some issues!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylz25 View Post

They are both amazing and the v.6 you could find for a huge discount now! Alot of people dont like the made in china part! haha but I doubt there are many issues with that....I have only heard of some issues!

Where can I get the v6 on discount? All the dealers I spoke to have only the v7s..
And what are the issues that you have heard..? I need to make my decision based on all the disclaimers that I know.. :-)

On a side note, has anyone done a Monitor 11 A/B with KEf Q700s/900s? I can't locate a dealer nearby who carries both..
Thanks.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Hi all,

I have:

2 x Studio 100
1 x Studio CC-690
4 x Studio ADP-590

Thanks all,

Rob

What type of finish do the speakers have and where are you located?
Audiogon.com is a good place to sell.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:41 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Hi all,

I have:

2 x Studio 100
1 x Studio CC-690
4 x Studio ADP-590

Thanks all,

Rob

Are they v5? The craigslist link above is a set a v4's... not a good price comparison. If they are v5's, $2300-2500 for the 100's, $1100-1200 for the 690 and $1000-1100 for the 590's is a good place to start depending on the finish. Rosewood will command a slightly higher price than Black ash. Piano black will fetch an even higher price, assuming the finish is in new condition.

GLWS,
BB
Old 03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Where can I get the v6 on discount? All the dealers I spoke to have only the v7s..
And what are the issues that you have heard..? I need to make my decision based on all the disclaimers that I know.. :-)

On a side note, has anyone done a Monitor 11 A/B with KEf Q700s/900s? I can't locate a dealer nearby who carries both..
Thanks.

Actually I am not sure you can get v.6 anymore!! I would get the v.7 since they seem like awesome speakers!! Just some minor issues with the assemble of parts aka the tweeter for instance! Some speakers the tweeters are off axis a bit which is a known issue with the assembly in china.....exactly why they are pushing for the v.8's when they come out to be back in Canada!!! Which I hope is sooner rather than later!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

I just installed a pair of SA-15 R 30s for surrounds, I like them so far, much better than the Parasounds that were in the ceiling when I bought my home. They rotate so you can aim them at the listening area. They do have a Sig version too.

Thanks. Any idea the difference between the SA's vs the Sig's?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Got a healthy 2k back on the tax return I'm thinking that's gonna go towards a pair of S8 v3's I think they may prove to be a slight improvement possibly over my current Monitor 7 v3's lmao
Old 03-13-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

Probably the driver and x-over quality. The Sigs will have the beryllium tweeters matching your mains.

I wouldn't worry about timber matching too much as the nature of using in-ceiling speakers will likely have more of an effect than the difference between SA's & Sigs.
You might consider the Sigs for side surrounds if you listen to a lot of multi-channel music, but if it's just for HT use you're better off saving a buck and letting something like Audyssey do its' magic.
I wouldn't go Sigs for the rears since there's not really enough relevant material on those channels.
But if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, yeah, go all Sigs!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

Got a healthy 2k back on the tax return I'm thinking that's gonna go towards a pair of S8 v3's I think they may prove to be a slight improvement possibly over my current Monitor 7 v3's lmao

It's always nice to get your own money back from the gov once in a while!
You won't regret it one iota, there won't be anymore upgrading after those.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Hey rnr, haven't seen you around for awhile.

I finally joined the Sig club and can back your advice.

Nice Stuff!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

I don't know for sure. I liked that the SAs had some technology that trickled down from the Sigs like the corrugated surround. The Sigs were significantly more expensive, I think more than 50% more, I didn't think it would be worth it for surrounds. I think the SAs were $1249/pair + installation, the Sigs were over $2k.
There's plenty of specific info on Paradigm's website.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton View Post

Hey rnr, haven't seen you around for awhile.
I finally joined the Sig club and can back your advice.

Hey back! I sleep well at night knowing I own the "high-end" speaker of the year, even though it's closer to "mid-fi" pricing.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

9k is considered "mid-fi"? What does that mean, I'd have to take out a mortgage for "hi-fi" lol
Old 03-13-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, when you consider "high-end" is usually considered to be north of $20k in some of the audio rags I've seen....and that would be the low end of high-end lol!
$9k is a bargain!
Heck, you can buy a turnable that costs over $100,000!
It just proves there's no shortage of people that are willing part you from your money...
Old 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post

I don't know for sure. I liked that the SAs had some technology that trickled down from the Sigs like the corrugated surround. The Sigs were significantly more expensive, I think more than 50% more, I didn't think it would be worth it for surrounds. I think the SAs were $1249/pair + installation, the Sigs were over $2k.
There's plenty of specific info on Paradigm's website.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Picked up my S8'sv2 and C5v2 today and will go with SAs for the surround. Super pumped.

Going with a Oppo and a Parasound Power Conditioner.

Now I have to decide on an amp to drive them and then a processer. Looking at Parasound 5250v2 or Anthem A5. Any comments?

Thanks to all for the help.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM

Longtime Energy C series (C5s and C6s) owner here. I've always been interested in the Studio 40s and Studio CC, V2. Have any of you ever made a similer Energy to Paradigm "upgrade"? Was it worth it? And also, what do you reckon V2s sell for these days?

Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks to everyone who responded. Picked up my S8'sv2 and C5v2 today and will go with SAs for the surround. Super pumped.

Going with a Oppo and a Parasound Power Conditioner.

Now I have to decide on an amp to drive them and then a processer. Looking at Parasound 5250v2 or Anthem A5. Any comments?

Thanks to all for the help.

You should look at emotivas and outlaws.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

You should look at emotivas and outlaws.

+1

Venomous pointed me to the Emotivas and for 900 bucks, you get enormous bang for your buck.

But what you really want is this:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7900.html

Lmao! I decided this is the amp I want when the time comes, which will eventually be paired with S8's, C5 and matching surrounds and most likely an Integra DHC-80.3.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post

+1

Venomous pointed me to the Emotivas and for 900 bucks, you get enormous bang for your buck.

But what you really want is this:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7900.html

Lmao! I decided this is the amp I want when the time comes, which will eventually be paired with S8's, C5 and matching surrounds and most likely an Integra DHC-80.3.

I'm bad at sarcasm, but you really won't need all that power, overkill. Money would be spent better elsewhere.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dude that amp is crazy! Dual 15 amp breakers.. That is crazy. I have to buy one..

My first DIY project. A dual, dual opposed setup

www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1345494
Old 03-13-2012, 09:38 PM

Liked: 11
Wow!

I bought the MilleniaOne's plus MilleniaSub via retail over the weekend, and ordered a Pioneer VSX-1021 AVR online. The speakers are intended for casual listening in my family room.

I got tired of waiting for the Pioneer to arrive, so I hooked up the Paradigms in my home theater connected to an Anthem MRX-500. I read enough reviews to know the Millennia's were very good "lifestyle" speakers - but WOW - they are crazy good!

Fully intending to spend just 20-30 minutes getting a feel for the speakers - turned into 3 hours (and 3 single malt scotches) of listening to a wide variety of music. I love these speakers! They look sexy, take up little space, and sound amazing.

I thought I may have overspent on the MilleniaSub ($1299 is a lot of scratch for a lifestyle sub), but after listening to how it blends with the satellites erased all concerns. This little baby has a solid low end and plays the critical 60-120hz range without drawing any undue attention to itself.

If you are looking for a great looking, well made, small sub/sat lifestyle system I highly recommend the Millennia. Well done Paradigm.

(Edit: I hope they sound as nice in my family room with the Pioneer as they do in my home theater with the Anthem.)
Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBusiness View Post

I'm bad at sarcasm, but you really won't need all that power, overkill. Money would be spent better elsewhere.

Yeah, a pair of S6 to go with the rest of the setup anything pumping out 200watts per channel is good enough if you listen to music only lol. When it comes to theater action, 300 is pretty intense. $3500 is a hell of a deal for 300x7 all channels driven.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile34 View Post

Dude that amp is crazy! Dual 15 amp breakers.. That is crazy. I have to buy one..

It's won't mean much unless you have two separate 15 amp circuits to plug into. If the amp draws anywhere near it's rated power output you will blow the circuit breaker. And if you don't plan on that happening may as well go with a cheaper / less powerful amp that doesn't required 2 separate 15 amp circuits.

You shouldn't need much power to drive the S6/S8 to very high volumes.

Tags
Paradigm , Speaker Systems