post #151 of 177 Old 03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post

Paul, that is helpful. I am trying to do the best I can within budget.

My installer is recommending:

Inwall Bronze/4 LCRs and Bronze/4 surrounds with a velodyne spl-100R 10" woofer. He suggests driving this with a Marantz SR7001 receiver.

Frankly, this speaker setup is about at the outside limit of my budget. Am I better off going with this setup or going for a less expensive brand that will be a better fit for the room?

Thanks again.

If you want to do a serious system using inwalls, your installer has steered you in the right direction. You can spend less and get less, but you can spend more, and you can still get less. The system will perform well, and a year from now, you'll regret doing something less. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 177 Old 03-30-2007, 07:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post

Sorry, I just read my own post and realize more details are in order. So, here goes. The room is a dedicated theatre, 16'X24'X 7'5" The screen will be screen research clearpix2, 120" wide, 2:35:1 ratio the room is already isolated, drywalled, and ready for room treatments, risers etc.
I think I'm going to get the 3 fronts first and build up from there. I will use the room abot 50% music and 50% movies, Ive been given the advise that if it sounds good for music the movies will sound good. My music tastes are mostly rock, some blues and almost always pretty loud. Ive never heard Triads but I trust the person that reccomends them, I just dont know what line to start with. I'm thinking the LCR Inwall golds to save the depth for the screen unless they are substantially more than the inroom golds. I'd like to keep my budget between $3500-$5000 for the 3 fronts. thanks, jeff

The InWall Gold/6 LCR is $150 more each than the InRoom Gold LCR. The InWalls are $2,050 each. If you listen loud, you eliminate most of the inwalls on the market from consideration. These are 92 dB sensitivity and they'll handle 300 watt unclipped peaks. Just make sure the receiver can handle a 4 ohm load. Gold LCRs are definitely home theater speakers, but they are great for music. Your observation that if the speaker works well on movies it will work well with music is correct. A speaker that's accurate has no idea if it's playing music or a movie soundtrack.

You've selected a great screen (I love mine), but according to the width, you will be sitting 15' back. Is this correct? I mention this because quite often people buy screens that are too wide, and they lose brightness, contrast, black level, and detail.

Good luck. The project sounds really nice so far.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #153 of 177 Old 03-31-2007, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks paul,
Is my thinking correct that whatever "series" of speaker I get for the front 3 I should stick with for the surrounds, rear etc.? Is the monitor series around the same price as the LCR series?
For what you know of my preferances so far would for example is the Silver monitor line about the same price point as the gold LCR line? would that be a reccomended scenario? Also I really dont need Inwalls for the fronts as I have 24' lenght to play with, and I like onwall surrounds.
Thanks for noticing my screen size, right now I've got an SMX screen at 130" wide with my seat at 13' Ive been trying differant image sizes from 100" and up. I only want 2 rows of seats and I'm fine tuning the size and seating distance as often as I can
post #154 of 177 Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

thanks paul,
Is my thinking correct that whatever "series" of speaker I get for the front 3 I should stick with for the surrounds, rear etc.? Is the monitor series around the same price as the LCR series?
For what you know of my preferances so far would for example is the Silver monitor line about the same price point as the gold LCR line? would that be a reccomended scenario? Also I really dont need Inwalls for the fronts as I have 24' lenght to play with, and I like onwall surrounds.
Thanks for noticing my screen size, right now I've got an SMX screen at 130" wide with my seat at 13' Ive been trying differant image sizes from 100" and up. I only want 2 rows of seats and I'm fine tuning the size and seating distance as often as I can

The three front speakers should be the same, but you can use Silver series for surrounds with Gold fronts, for example. In a perfect scenario with one listener, you'd use five identical speakers, but that isn't the real world very often, unless you're Gary Reber.

Silver and Gold Monitors run almost twice as much as the Silver and Gold LCRs, which are the best value we have for fronts. The Monitors use very expensive drivers, including the Scan-Speak Revelator tweeter in the $3,450 InRoom Gold Monitor. However, the Silver Monitors are around the same price as the Gold LCRs, all hovering around $2,000 each.

If you have the room, I would do Gold LCRs over Silver Monitors in your application. The Gold LCR will play a bit louder, especially down near 80 Hz, and even though it isn't quite as detailed as the Silver Monitor, which may work better in the near field, it will work better in your room. Read the reviews of both on our website.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #155 of 177 Old 03-31-2007, 04:35 PM

thanks Paul, I'm going to narrow it to the LCR series, now I'm thinking of not doing inwall in case I want use these somewhere else in the future. would it be ok to use the inroom on stands behind the screen? I.m thinking it might be nice to be able to toe them, adjust spacing etc. The wall behind them will have absorption. how far forward should the speakers be? is against the wall ok? Is there a minimum distance to the side wall? thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Jeff
post #156 of 177 Old 03-31-2007, 05:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

thanks Paul, I'm going to narrow it to the LCR series, now I'm thinking of not doing inwall in case I want use these somewhere else in the future. would it be ok to use the inroom on stands behind the screen? I.m thinking it might be nice to be able to toe them, adjust spacing etc. The wall behind them will have absorption. how far forward should the speakers be? is against the wall ok? Is there a minimum distance to the side wall? thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Jeff

We make Pedestals for all our InRoom speakers, with secure mounting and wire management. Here are my three InRoom Gold Monitors on Pedestals, with acoustical treatment behind and to the sides of the speakers to kill first reflections. I wouldn't position the speakers against the wall because they'll get "chesty" sounding. Move them out at least 10". You'll need at least a foot of space (minimum) to the side walls, and you'll need treatment there. You can see my three speakers are on an arc, with the left and right toed in. The Screen Research screen comes down and covers the center, with the left and right speakers to the outside of the screen. Other than the Triad speakers in the system, I am especially blown away by the Screen Research drop screen and the two Lyngdorf semi-digital amplifiers I'm using to drive the Gold Monitors.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #157 of 177 Old 03-31-2007, 05:26 PM

Looks nice, are the clearance reccomendations the same for the Gold LCR inrooms? the center looks to be all the way back, is that ok? also i will treat the sides and first reflection points.jeff
post #158 of 177 Old 03-31-2007, 05:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Looks nice, are the clearance reccomendations the same for the Gold LCR inrooms? the center looks to be all the way back, is that ok? also i will treat the sides and first reflection points.jeff

It's an optical illusion, due to the camera flash, but the center is about a foot away from the acoustical treatment. The InRoom Gold LCRs have the same requirements.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #159 of 177 Old 03-31-2007, 06:36 PM

thanks for clarifiying that, how close can the fronts be to the screen? it will be a fixed screen.
post #160 of 177 Old 04-19-2007, 07:08 AM

Paul,

Is there any issue with using in-wall Bronze 4 LCR for left and right front and using an on-wall Bronze LCR for center?

Thanks,
Jared
post #161 of 177 Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

thanks for clarifiying that, how close can the fronts be to the screen? it will be a fixed screen.

Sorry I missed this post. The speaker should be at least three inches behind the screen, if you're referring to an acoustically transparent screen.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #162 of 177 Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post

Paul,

Is there any issue with using in-wall Bronze 4 LCR for left and right front and using an on-wall Bronze LCR for center?

Thanks,
Jared

The reason we make different versions of the same speakers is to fit applications like the one you have. Theoretically, an InRoom Bronze LCR could be used for left, an OnWall Bronze LCR for center, and an InWall Bronze/4 LCR for right. The speakers are the same, but they're all configured for different installation applications.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #163 of 177 Old 04-19-2007, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

The reason we make different versions of the same speakers is to fit applications like the one you have. Theoretically, an InRoom Bronze LCR could be used for left, an OnWall Bronze LCR for center, and an InWall Bronze/4 LCR for right. The speakers are the same, but they're all configured for different installation applications.

OK great. I had the in walls installed yesterday. They couldnt get the center one into the wall due to some issues with studs, so we are going to go with the on-wall for center.

The systems sounds absolutely terrific. I love it.
post #164 of 177 Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Paul:

Thanks for staying on top of this forum. I've had the InWall Omni Gold's for my surrounds for over a year now. Moved from Chicago to San Jose and picked up a small house. Anyway when I had them installed I was thinking about going for a complete inwall setup but the installer I worked with suggested I hold off until I get the big flatscreen I wanted. Also, he said Triad had just come out with OnWall versions of some of the speakers and suggested that maybe they would be a good route for a couple of reasons.

1) Would be easier to mount the center speaker as studs would most likely prevent an inwall center.
2) They would be portable and could move with me if I decide to move to a bigger house in the near future.

Anyway I have been searching the internet for reviews, happy customers, etc about your OnWall speakers and haven't really been able to find any info. Can you shed some light on what to expect if I went with one of the following setups or even better suggest a setup. What is lost by going with the OnWall vs. the InWall?

1) 3 OnWall Bronze LCRs across the front
2) 3 OnWall Gold MiniMonitors across the front
3) InWall Silver/4 MiniMonitors for LR and either a Bronze LCR or Gold MiniMonitor for Center

Also, what are the MSRP for the following speakers. I will keep the Omni Golds for the surrounds and have a sub for the base extension.

Thanks.

Lance

WindyCityCy
------------
Earthquake Cinenova Grande 7 - Marantz AV7005 - dual JL F113 subs - James Loudspeaker 63-OW speakers - Oppo BDP83SE - SB Touch
post #165 of 177 Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitycy View Post

Paul:

Thanks for staying on top of this forum. I've had the InWall Omni Gold's for my surrounds for over a year now. Moved from Chicago to San Jose and picked up a small house. Anyway when I had them installed I was thinking about going for a complete inwall setup but the installer I worked with suggested I hold off until I get the big flatscreen I wanted. Also, he said Triad had just come out with OnWall versions of some of the speakers and suggested that maybe they would be a good route for a couple of reasons.

1) Would be easier to mount the center speaker as studs would most likely prevent an inwall center.
2) They would be portable and could move with me if I decide to move to a bigger house in the near future.

Anyway I have been searching the internet for reviews, happy customers, etc about your OnWall speakers and haven't really been able to find any info. Can you shed some light on what to expect if I went with one of the following setups or even better suggest a setup. What is lost by going with the OnWall vs. the InWall?

1) 3 OnWall Bronze LCRs across the front
2) 3 OnWall Gold MiniMonitors across the front
3) InWall Silver/4 MiniMonitors for LR and either a Bronze LCR or Gold MiniMonitor for Center

Also, what are the MSRP for the following speakers. I will keep the Omni Golds for the surrounds and have a sub for the base extension.

Thanks.

Lance

Our OnWall speakers are virtually the same as the InWall, InRoom, and InCeiling versions, unlike most speaker company's products. (They make nice freestanding speakers, and el cheapo custom speakers, usually.) The OnWalls sound virtually the same as the InWalls, although there is a very slight blip in the response due to enclosure diffraction. (Inwall speakers work slightly better than onwalls, and considerably better than inroom speakers due to no reflection off the wall behind them. If I must, I will post technical articles supporting this.)

The OnWall Bronze LCR is $850 each, in a costly extruded aluminum enclosure. It can be ordered in 1/4" increments, and custom paint matching is free. (Match your walls and it'll disappear. Match your TV, and it'll stick out in your peripheral vision. Up to you. )

The OnWall Gold MiniMonitor among the best onwall speakers at any price, and they're $2,050 each. They use a Scan-Speak woofer/mid, and a Vifa tweeter. I have three InCeiling and two InRoom versions at my home, and I love them.

I can't recommend your 3rd option, because it mixes dissimilar speakers across the front. BTW, we've had the current OnWall models for three years.

Thanks for asking!

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #166 of 177 Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 PM

Does anyone have specs of original Gold LCR and original Gold Surrounds?

I am shopping for Parasound A52 & A23 amps to drive these speakers along with Gold Omni in rears. Can I set up this way?
A52 5-channel 125W @ 8ohm; 225W @ 4ohm (lcr & surrounds)
A23 2-channel 125W @ 8ohm; 200W @ 4ohm (rear speakers)

I am also tempting Parasound A51 & A21 amps. They are 250W@8ohm; 400W@4ohm. Overkill?
post #167 of 177 Old 07-12-2007, 02:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMac View Post

Does anyone have specs of original Gold LCR and original Gold Surrounds?

I am shopping for Parasound A52 & A23 amps to drive these speakers along with Gold Omni in rears. Can I set up this way?
A52 5-channel 125W @ 8ohm; 225W @ 4ohm (lcr & surrounds)
A23 2-channel 125W @ 8ohm; 200W @ 4ohm (rear speakers)

I am also tempting Parasound A51 & A21 amps. They are 250W@8ohm; 400W@4ohm. Overkill?

The Classic Gold LCRs, as they are now called, are around 90 dB sensitivity, and an amp that delivers 200 watts into their 4 ohm load is perfect. If you pound any more power than that into them, you'll just get power compression and you may blow the 6.5" Seas drivers. Because of all the horn gain (around 8 dB at the tweeter crossover frequency), the tweeters are attenuated down low, and that adds lots of headroom, and makes them nearly indestructable. Don't push it, though.

Response on the Gold LCR is around +/- 3 dB from 80 Hz - 18 kHz. The dispersion control lens boosts the bottom end of the response enough that we have to "sit" on the curve to flatten it. If we made it perfectly flat, sensitivity would be in the 87 dB range, which isn't a good tradeoff.

The Gold Surrounds are rated at 83 dB sensitivity, but that's measured on axis, in the null. Each array is actually around 87 dB sensitivity, (which would mean 90 dB, total, if the two arrays were in phase), but when a dipole is measured in the null, the reading is lower.

I hope that helps.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #168 of 177 Old 07-13-2007, 03:44 PM

I plan to push the 225W amp into the classic Gold LCR 4-ohm load and Surrounds. Would it be a problem? What are the LCR and Surrounds maximum power handling?
post #169 of 177 Old 07-13-2007, 04:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

It is possible to damage any speaker with any amplifier. A 50 watt amp could set those speakers on fire, and so could a 500 watt amp. You can't drive the amp into hard clipping, and you can't grossly overpower a speaker, either. The Classic Gold LCRs can handle instantaneous peaks of 500 watts, midband, but if you ran an 80 Hz test tone through them at 100 watts, they would eventually puke. Speakers handle power based upon the frequency of the tone, the duration, and the level. Power ratings are absolutely meaningless.

That said, you'll be fine with a 225 watt amp on the fronts. And in order to clip a 225 watt amp into surrounds, you would have to be at a gazillion watts in the front speakers. Abuse will blow these speakers; not an amplifier.

Anecdote: As we walked onto the CES show floor seven years ago (GINORMOUS hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center), we heard an awful continuous boom-and-hiss noise coming from the other side of the block-long room. As we got closer, we realized it was from the Triad booth. At some point when the power in the hall was turned on, the ADA processor went into calibrate mode at full volume, with a Cinepro monster amp driving the system. The four Triad Platinum PowerSubs (18" drivers) were dumping a God-awful amount of pink noise bass into the room, and the three Gold LCRs, despite being fed 300+ watts of pink noise, were still making noise, but only from the tweeters. All the Seas midrange drivers were destroyed, although the crossovers were still okay. Even after the worst case of inadvertant speaker abuse I've ever seen, the speakers were repairable. I don't expect you to push them this hard.

But I digress...

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #170 of 177 Old 07-15-2007, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Even after the worst case of inadvertent speaker abuse I've ever seen, the speakers were repairable.

Hello Paul!

What is the worst case of "advertant" abuse that you have seen??

Certified: Vantage InFusion, AMX A.C.E.
Lutron HomeWorks, Lutron RadioRa2 (Level 2)
post #171 of 177 Old 07-15-2007, 06:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemascope View Post

Hello Paul!

What is the worst case of "advertant" abuse that you have seen??

That's an easy one, even though I have been futzing with speakers for around 45 years.

In the '80s I was behind the counter at Columbia Audio/Video, and the front door opened. The smell of burning carbon wafted through the door, followed by a young, wealthy bean trader, carrying an M&K S1B. "I think I need service," he grossly underestimated. The satellite smelled like it had gone through a house fire. The mids had burn marks near the voicecoils, and a closer look inside revealed resistors burnt through the crossover PC board. His other satellite speaker was in the same shape.

I asked him, "John, what were you doing when this happened??"

"I was doing yardwork, and I had the speakers outside so I could listen to music. I only turned them up loud enough that I could hear them over my work."

"And what kind of yardwork?"

"I was cutting down trees with a chainsaw, about 50 yards from the house."

He was actually angry when I fell to the floor laughing, but I pleaded his case to Chuck Back at M&K, and they covered it under warranty, only because we were a top 3 M&K dealer.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #172 of 177 Old 07-15-2007, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerboy View Post

I have a need for inwall speakers for two channel listening. My kitchen is about 12 x 24 and I have a pair of Paradigm SA-25 inwall speakers being driven by a Marantz zs5300 multi-room controller putting out 60wpc into three rooms. I choose the source from my A/V receiver and this set-up has been in place for about two years.

One of my speakers seems to have completely stopped emitting any sound at all. Obviously, I'm going to look into repairing it.

This setback has caused me to reconsider my options for this room. My wife and I realize that we spend more time listening in this room than any other in the house. We are willing to spend what it takes put better sounding speakers into this room. I will have to fight to get any speakers that are deemed to be "big and ugly".

So - what great sounding inwall speakers to two channel listening?

What is the wall depth?... and do you have the full cavity width?

Triads are fully engineered MDF enclosures with thick baffles and bracing. They sound like good freestanding speakers because they are built exactly like Triad's excellent freestanding speakers.

If there are conduits, gas pipes, water pipes, etc., or if the cavity is narrower because of a jack stud, or other obstacle, you need to identify this because it may limit which enclosures will fit.

Let's say that you have open cavities in the "wet" wall of the kitchen (where the drain and vent stacks are located), and you have 2x6 construction.

For C-class executive budgets, the Monitor class are available as In-Wall versions... Paint matching your grilles at the factory (with the factory finishing equipment) to your walls is no extra charge.

In-Wall Gold Monitors ($ 7,300/pr.) These require a 2x6 cavity depth, and are approx 14" x 24"

InWall Silver Monitors ($ 4,500/pr.) These are available as 4" depth or 6" deoth, with the cutout size being larger for the shallower speaker

Toward the bottom of the scale of offerings, the InWall Silver Omni ($ 900/pr.) are basically a bargain...

These are just three of the 15 or so models that are available...

The 60w/ch from your Marantz multi-zone system are capable of driving the smaller speakers without any issues, but good speakers will always appreciate better electronics.

That system has pre-outs that can be setup to be variable, use them into a bigger stereo amp for this zone.
Something 100w/ch and high current (like a Parasound Classic 275 or 2125) would really wake up any of these speakers, and the sound would be just outstanding on any of the Monitor or Mini-Monitor class InWalls.

PM Paul for more info and a referral for a Triad dealer in your area.

Certified: Vantage InFusion, AMX A.C.E.
Lutron HomeWorks, Lutron RadioRa2 (Level 2)
post #173 of 177 Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 PM
yvr

Hi Paul,

I've gutted a basement room in my house and will be turning it into a small home theater (5.1 channels). It's 13'x12.5' and just barely 7 feet high. The front wall has 2x6 studs and the back and side walls are made of 2x4s. I would like to install in-wall speakers throughout and by reading these posts, I'm convinced Triad speakers are the way to go. I'm on a budget constraint (the wife doesn't know how much I'll be spending on these) so I would like to spend as little as possible yet have a great sounding system for the money.

1. Can you recommend an affordable 5.1 speaker setup? (Without knowing the prices and just by going from the info on your website, I'm thinking of the Inwall Bronze/4 LCR for the front 3 channels, the Inwall Bronze/4 Surrounds), and the Inwall Bronze/4 PowerSub).
2. Is there any chance I could get the MSRP on the Triad Speakers? This will give me an idea so that I can set a realistic budget for speakers.

Thanks
post #174 of 177 Old 11-26-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:

Your receiver will work fine. It's rare that one of today's receivers will actually put out more power into a 6 ohm load than into an 8 ohm load. If it delivered the same or less, I'd have concerns about it driving 4 ohm speakers. The Bronze LCR isn't a hard load to drive, and only a Nancy-Boy receiver would have difficulty driving it.

I am interested in the in ceiling gold LCR's or in ceiling LCR monitors for my 5.1 setup. I am concerned with using my Denon 5308. There is a note in the Denon manual that says to use speakers that are 6-16ohms. There is also a note about using 4ohm speakers that says you may trip the thermal protection circuit after extended use at high volume. In the specs the amps rated output is 150w for the center, 150w+150w for the fronts, surround(a+b), and the rear surrounds at 8ohms...or 170w for those speakers at 6ohms. The specs also state "dynamic power " 200W x 2 at 8ohms and 340W x 2 at 4ohms.

I did not think to check those particular specs before buying the Denon. How big a problem is this really if I am trying to use these 4ohm speakers on a 5.1 system? I am afraid I may have a "Nancy-Boy" receiver.
Thanks,
Robert
post #175 of 177 Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyr1 View Post

I am interested in the in ceiling gold LCR's or in ceiling LCR monitors for my 5.1 setup. I am concerned with using my Denon 5308. There is a note in the Denon manual that says to use speakers that are 6-16ohms. There is also a note about using 4ohm speakers that says you may trip the thermal protection circuit after extended use at high volume.

That's a conservative disclaimer. Your receiver is fine. You will shut it off thermally if you play abusively loud for an extended period, but that's to be expected when abuse is involved. Check which Triads you might be interested in on the website...there's no InCeiling Gold LCR or InCeiling Gold Monitor. There's an InCeiling Bronze/8 LCR and an InCeiling SIlver/6 Monitor, though.
Quote:

I am afraid I may have a "Nancy-Boy" receiver.
Thanks,
Robert

No, it's a beast. No worries.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #176 of 177 Old 11-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:

That's a conservative disclaimer. Your receiver is fine. You will shut it off thermally if you play abusively loud for an extended period, but that's to be expected when abuse is involved. Check which Triads you might be interested in on the website...there's no InCeiling Gold LCR or InCeiling Gold Monitor. There's an InCeiling Bronze/8 LCR and an InCeiling SIlver/6 Monitor, though.

No, it's a beast. No worries.

Thanks Paul. The InCeiling SIlver/6 Monitor is what I recall on the Triad web site. It looks like that is about the best I can get in ceiling for the LCR speakers. What should I use for the rear surround? BTW, I am on a trip in China and I have had no luck getting on the Triad web site from here. I was in S. Korea the other day and had no problems...I suspect the censors are worried about something. No Triad speakers for the Chinese I guess.
Thanks again,
Robert
post #177 of 177 Old 11-27-2008, 07:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyr1 View Post

Thanks Paul. The InCeiling SIlver/6 Monitor is what I recall on the Triad web site. It looks like that is about the best I can get in ceiling for the LCR speakers. What should I use for the rear surround? BTW, I am on a trip in China and I have had no luck getting on the Triad web site from here. I was in S. Korea the other day and had no problems...I suspect the censors are worried about something. No Triad speakers for the Chinese I guess.
Thanks again,
Robert

The InCeiling Silver/6 Monitor, at $2,450 each, is arguably the best inceiling front speaker. I've heard some great systems with them and subs and surrounds. There's a good review from late 2003 on our website.

Surrounds depend upon the room. In a smaller, dead room, the InWall Silver/4 Surrounds work great, either in the wall or ceiling. If the room is a bit larger, you have focussed seating, and not a lot of acoustical treatment, look at InWall or InCeiling versions of the Gold Omni or Gold Omni SE.

Coincidentally, someone informed me yesterday that our website is unavailable in China. I may have caused that with some of my comments about our speakers (mostly) being made in America and not coming here in containers from China. I think "mad in America" is a big deal while some don't, but apparently the Chinese government thinks it's a big deal, too.

I don't know where it works, but on your cell phone or BB, try www.mytriad.mobi for a slimmed-down, compact version of our big website. It's easier to navigate on a tiny screen.

I am honored to share this thread with fine speaker companies like Aerial and Revel, BTW. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page